Christianity -- Christian Living/Comfort Zone

Hi Marco,

I'm a 30 years old just married guy. I once heard from a Sunday sermon talking about "comfort zone". I guess I knew all about comfort zone, but then again, I may be not. I was recently moving from a job I felt comfort with (it's a job as a computer teacher slash IT support slash designer at a school) to a job I'm not too comfortable (it's a full hard-core programming job). I once feel that God *may* has gestured / nudged me to move to my current job as I felt that I may not get increased in my knowledge. I feel like I'll be stuck in my current level of knowledge. So I moved to full-time programmer job in order to push me to understand programming more. Not to mention I got a slightly bigger salary here.

It works, to some extend. But I'm certainly not happy here. I *knew* exactly I'll be not happy here before I moved, but I took it anyway, as I think that's the price I have to pay to "get out of comfort zone". My previous job was fine when I left it. In fact, it was getting more comfortable with the addition of one more person in the IT department (before, I was solo). I think I have a calling in life as a teacher. But then again, when I taught those naughty little kids, I felt easily frustrated. But other than that, the kids love me and I love them. My IT support job sometimes can be boring, but it beats the boring-ful-ness in my current job. I'm glowing with excitement whenever I designed something, but that kind of tasks doesn't come too often too in my previous job. But in my current job, I'm almost not designing anything at all.

All in all, my rather easy job was getting even easier with the addition of one new IT staff in the department, all was seemed perfect. But I was determined to move because according to the sermon, it's not a good thing to stay in the comfort zone. It will make you stuck. But right now I'm confusing myself between "stuck in the comfort zone" and "works in my calling field". Worldly advice said that the greatest job is when you can't distinguish between what you need to do and what you like to do. Well, the problem is, I like to do my previous job, not only because I like it, but also because it's rather easy. I admit that. I don't like my current job, because it's boring and even frustrating sometimes, because it always pushes me to a new limit of the frustration of the unknowing almost everyday, but it upgrades me, to some extend. Not too great, but, yeah I feel I've learned something. I still have way back to my old job if I want, I think, because I leave it on a very good term, as my job is on its peak when I leave it, and I said "I need more different experiences so I can become a better teacher", and I actually meant it.

I'd like to know what is your comment about this, what the Bible said about this, and what do you think I should do.

Thank you very much for your kind response.

Dear Martin,

i do not agree with this idea of the "confort zone".
When I was young, I've been a researcher in physics at the University.
I thought that that job was exactly what I wanted and what would have made me feel fulfilled.
But it wasn't true. So I left research activity and I tried other jobs. Finally I discovered that teaching in the public school was exactly what made me feel happy and fulfilled.
Most people disapproved my choice and thought that I was wasted because of my capacities, but I know that their opinion means nothing. God has a plan for each of us and I know that God's plan for me is teaching; this is the reason why I feel fulfilled this way.

So I think that you must only try to understand what is God's plan for you, which is the same of what makes you feel fulfilled. No matter what other people expect or want you to do.

Your brother in Christ,

PS I think that faith cannot come only from logic, because to have faith in God means to trust and love God.
I think however that logics and science prove the existence of our soul and the existence of  God and that there are many rational arguments strongly supporting the christian faith.
Basically, science has proved that the state of the universe is determined by some specific mathematical equations, the laws of physics; the universe cannot exist independently from such equations, which determine the events and the properties of such events.
However we know that a mathematical equation cannot exist by itself, but it exists only as a thought in a conscious and intelligent mind. In fact, a mathematical equation is only an abstract concept, which existence presupposes the existence of a person conceiving such a concept.  
Therefore, the existence of this mathematically structured universe does imply the existence of an intelligent God; this universe cannot exist by itself, but it can exist only if there is a conscious and inteligent God conceiving  it according to some specific mathematical equations.
Since the universe cannot exists by itself, but only because God conceive it, God certainly knows everything in every instant. God knows everything becuase eberything is under His control and everything exists only because of Him.

There are some other arguments, which explanation is rather long and Allexperts allows only to give short answers. You can find such arguments  in the following site

where  I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges about brain and matter.
This analysis points out how the laws of physics  prove that the   brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies  the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial element. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.
In the first article entitled “Mind and brain...” you can find a general discussion of the mind and brain problem from a scientific point of view.
In the second article entitled “Scientific contraddictions in materialism”
you  can find an explanation of the fundamental inconsistencies of  the  typical arguments used by materialists, such as the concept of emergent, macroscopic or holist property, complexity, information, etc.
In the section called “FAQ: answers to  visitors' questions” you can find the answer to many typical questions, such as "Are there any scientifically proved miracles?", "Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of God?", "Can science explain God?", "Can science establish which is the true religion?", "Can science explain consciousness in the future?", and many others.  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Marco B.

I am a christian physicist and I am married with four children. I can give a scientific proof of the existence of the soul. I am very interested in the following issues: faith and science, rational proof of the existence of God, christianity versus other religions, the Bible, protestantism versus catholicism, miracles. Probably you will find interesting my answers to questions such as: "How can I know that God exist?", "How can I know that the christian faith is the true religion?", "Why does evil exist?", "Who created evil?", "Why does Hell exist?", "Why did Jesus have to suffer on the Cross?" , "If God knows everything, why did He create those souls who go to Hell?"

Theology, physics, biblical studies, catholic apologetics.

I am author of several articles on the most important scientific journals, such as Physical Review B and Physical Review Letters.

A degree in Physics and a Ph.D. in Solid State Physics.