Christianity -- Christian Living/marriage

my wife and I are heterosexual. we were married by a lesbian. would god consider this valid

Hello, John.  Thanks for your question.  You were quick and to the point, so I shall be as well :)

You made vows to one another before the Lord, and those vows were real and binding.  The main issue is not so much the person who officiated the wedding ceremony, though I believe that is important.  The main issue that you must consider carefully and prayerfully is whether you and your wife are walking closely with the Lord right now.  

Your marriage vows are valid, and God will bless your marriage if you walk with Him in humility and obedience.  Some of the details of your wedding may be cause for regret, but they need not be reasons that you cannot fully please and honor God in your life together right now.  Follow Jesus, learn from Him and obey Him in sincere and humble love, and you will know the joy of a truly godly marriage that enjoys His favor!

Please feel free to follow up with any further question/comment.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Ryan Parish

I can answer just about any question about Christian living, believing that the Biblical revelation is meant to deal with all of life. Though not every modern issue is addressed specifically in the Bible, I feel confident in applying the grand principles of love, submission and Christ-likeness to all issues. I can't answer some questions definitively simply because God has not given detailed information on some matters. I can draw valid conclusions from what God has revealed, though.

I was raised in the church from my childhood, and have had an interest in God, the Bible and spiritual things from a very early age. At around the age of 15, I felt led to pursue a future in full time ministry. I've been in professional ministry since 2003, but was very active in teaching and encouraging Christians long before that. I preached my first sermon at the age of 15 and have found great joy in teaching God's truths ever since!

Pastor of New Hope Community Church; member of the Christian Ministers Association.

BA in preaching from Hope International University (Fullerton, CA); full time pastor for five years; continually engaged in reading and studying to further my understanding of Scriptures.