Christianity -- Christian Living/Relationship

Question
QUESTION: My case is kind of complicated. When I turned 18 I went through a bout of psychosis. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I have been okay and lucid now for four years. I had a boyfriend for about two years prior to this ordeal. He broke up with me after the bout of psychosis. I guess he just felt he couldn't handle it. I see this as a good thing. I believe God truly has a better man in store for me. While in the relationship i was not being a good Christian. I indulged in premarital sex. He is not a Christian. I did at the beginning of the relationship share the gospel with him, but then of course my actions did not represent Christ. I shared my frustrations with him, how i was feeling convicted, how wrong we were and so on. Four years later I have really grown closer to God. He is my best friend, and my rock, and need him so much. I feel more spiritually mature, and definitely humbled. My ex boyfriend now has another girlfriend and a child. Upon first finding this out I was extremely hurt, and envious. What made me feel better was the thought in my mind of rationalizing saying "okay he is living in sin, he is not a Christian and this is validation that I am better off without him". Then I came to terms of how wrong this mindset was. So I started to pray for him and his family. I feel really wrong for leading him in the wrong direction, as well as confusing him about what  being a Christian is like. I want to message him explaining all this to him, and maybe convict him, so that him, his girlfriend, and his child, will go to heaven. From what I see he is living a very worldly life style. I don't know how he will respond to this message especially considering I feel he lost a lot of respect for me by seeing me in a state in which I was not lucid, and completely abnormal and unkempt. So if you can help please do so. Thank you.

ANSWER: Dear Frances,

I know how you feel. I too had misrepresented HIS TRUTH, (HIS WORD) for nearly 20 years! The "gospel" that I preached in traditional Christianity was, as Paul says "no gospel at all!" Now I rejoice with every day that YHWH gives me as an opportunity to try and right any wrongs that I may have accomplished! Paul actually had that same attitude once he came to a knowledge of The TRUTH! The NEW COVENANT is NOT what it is being preached and portrayed to be! MESSIAH did not come, die and resurrected so that HIS followers could redefine "grace" to mean that they can live in opposition to HIS WORD and still be ok! Many of the practices of today's traditional Christianity are in opposition to HIM. Do a study on the traditional "holi" days of traditional (but not biblical) Christianity. You will be appalled! I was! I tell you all of this so that once you are soundly walking in HIS TRUTH, HE will probably give you the words and the opportunity to share that TRUTH with those mentioned as well as lots and lots of others. Until then, you might be doing more harm than good by sharing with them... I was.

I now understand what MESSIAH was saying in Matthew 23:15. Their message was not completely true so if they made a convert, the person was converted from one form of false to another form of false... thinking that they were ok, when they weren't. What those Pharisees were doing is exactly what today's traditional Christianity has done; "added to and/or taken away" from HIS TRUTH. That would make a partial truth at best, wouldn't it? Ask yourself; Do I like being lied to? Of course you don't... But what if it's 80% true? Would that be ok with you? How about 90% true? What if you found out that THE CREATOR is 10% a liar? Would that be ok with you? Of course not! You know that HE ISN'T even 1% a liar. HE IS TRUTH, nothing added, nothing subtracted. HIS WORD (since MESSIAH came as "the WORD") is to be understood, taught, and lived empowered by HIS SPIRIT (JOHN 14)to accomplish HIS purposes. HIS SPIRIT IS TRUTH!

Joh_14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh_15:26  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Joh_16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
1Jn_4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

So, let me encourage you to do your research on the origins of the traditional practices of today's Christianity. Once you are armed with HIS TRUTH, HIS SPIRIT will empower you to be a witness of HIS TRUTH! May you be blessed as you seek HIM according to HIS WORD!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

QUESTION: ok so my ex-boyfriend got in contact with me, he needs me to write a letter saying how our relationship was. His son's mom claimed he was abusive in a particular fight. now they are having a custody battle. so im like so confused. i dont want this in my life seeing as it could cause me pain, which is a lot of what i dont need. I just want to represent Christ in this matter to the fullest degree. i honestly dont know if he could be abusive, he wasnt with me. but when i talked to him, he was just so freggin casual. i felt like he feels entitled. i know his mom holds his hand throughout everything in his life. i feel like he is a spoiled brat. so i dont know, pray for this situation. i just want the baby to grow up loved, and Godly. so help me brother

Answer
Dear Frances,

I'm sorry. This question got tossed or something? Not sure but just found the follow up. I probably did something wrong!

All you can and should do is tell the truth. Don't assume. Don't add to what you know. Don't subtract from what you know. Just state exactly what you know to be true. Try to keep feelings out of it. If he wasn't abusive and you have NO reason to suggest otherwise, state that.

Personally, I think what he is asking of you is tacky. I wouldn't blame you for not complying with his request. But if it would help the child, then you must do what you know to be right!

Blessings in YHWH'S love as HE guides you to do the right thing!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron