Christianity -- Christian Living/confused about Long distance relationship

Question
QUESTION: Dear Pastor Ron,
I have been reading some of your replies and they really are a blessing and it is for this reason i know you can help me.
i don't know where to start- anyway, i have been prayed over and prophesied over and everything in the prophecy has come to pass so far. Part of the prophecy was that the next man i meet i will marry- He is not a believer, but he will become one (that was part of the prophecy), and i believe so much in the prophecy because the very next man i met proposed to me! but now, his gone back overseas and i am here in Africa. he says he is coming home to marry me and be with me, but these days it feels like he has changing, and i am scared that he will end up forgetting about me the longer he stays there. he keeps extending his ticket and i keep getting worse insecure about him and it makes us fight alot. Though i know this is the man God gave me. i just need to know what to do from a Christian point of view. i don't want to force myself on this man because i know it will push him further from me, though i feel the more we are apart, the further we become. what do i do? please advise..

ANSWER: Dear Johanna,

My heart aches for you dear sis. For several reasons. Let me explain.

I have been walking with MESSIAH for thirty five years. I have seen a lot of spiritual abuse in that time. Much of it from false teachers and false prophets / prophetesses. I too was teaching a distorted view of The Scriptures for almost 20 years! I was sincere! But I was sincerely wrong! I finally came to understand that and am VERY critical of extra-biblical experiences such as those that you reference here...

The ONLY basis for the ministry of the SPIRIT of YHWH is The pure, undiluted WORD found in The Scriptures. Please consider these verses;
Joh 14:13  "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14  "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
Joh 14:15  "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
Joh 14:16  "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
Joh 14:17  that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
Joh 14:24  "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.
Joh 14:25  "These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you.
Joh 14:26  "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Now, since MESSIAH is The WORD who became flesh then there would be NO deviation to HIM or HIS WORD. Consider;
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

The SPIRIT of YHWH is also called "the spirit of truth" for that same reason. Consider;
Joh_16:13  "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come."

And we know that there is ONLY ONE source of TRUTH, according to MESSIAH. Consider;
Joh 17:17  "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth."

Then for someone to prophesy to you that you (as a believer) are to marry an unbeliever is contradictory to THE TRUTH of HIS WORD! Consider;
2Co 6:14  "Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
2Co 6:15  Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?"

I personally believe that it is the love that YHWH has for you that is keeping this union from happening, dear sis. HE only wants the best for you! HIS plan can be found in HIS WORD. Those who prophesy in opposition to HIS WORD do not end well! Consider;
Mat_7:15  "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Mat_24:11  "Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.
Mat_24:24  "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."

Rev 20:10  And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

Be not deceived dear sister. The enemy of your soul will stoop to anything to get you entangled in deception and lies, to steal your hope and overwhelm you if he can! He will even try to use well meaning people who go to church, unless they are wise to his lies!

May you be wise to the enemy's deceit. May you walk in TRUTH, as found in The Scriptures! May you be strengthened in YHWH'S love as you submit to HIS SPIRIT and HIS WORD! May your heart be protected from the attacks of the enemy!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

QUESTION: Dear Pastor Ron,

thank you so much for your concern and for your wise answer. i really appreciate your reply. But if you read the book of Hosea, chapter 1, it talks of how God had told Hosea to marry a prostitute.That was done so God could reveal His Merciful, loving nature, that even in your unfaithfulness and filthiness, He still loves you. Yes, i am not disputing the fact that the Bible does say do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. I truely believe that if i marry, the man must be a believer. AND the guy that i am supposed to marry had told me, on his own, that he wants to give his life to God. i never pressured him, i never asked him. but on his own he said he wants to give his life to God because when he was small he was Christian, then became Muslim because of his grandfather, but now he realised that he wants to return to his first belief. His whole family are Christian already. SO AFTER his statement that he wants to give his life to Christ, i told him that is good because i had been praying and i said Lord, despite the prophecy i will not marry an unbeliever because your word says don't be unequally yoked, so please make him come to you on his own. And he did. so when he comes home we were to go for counselling from the Church. i do believe so strongly in what you have said. you are correct in it. and maybe i am being deceived, but i also believe strongly that the prophecy wasn't wrong. Another reason i say this is because from the time i was a teenager, i have gone to different crusades and met diff pastors and every pastor that has prayed for me (even if i wasn't looking for prophecy)has had the same prophecy over my life, and when this pastor prayed for me, he prophesied everything that was said by other pastors. is this not confirmation? see 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 vs 20 says do not despise prophecy but test every Spirit. How do you test every spirit? is it not a test if i have different pastors whom i have never asked to prophecy over me, have no connection at all,but they all prophecy the same thing in my life?

Answer
Dear Johanna,

Yes dear sis, I have read Hosea. In that situation he was directly told to do so (marry a sexually immoral person). That is the question; Have YOU been told by YHWH to marry one who either is NOT in covenant with HIM, or only professes to be? Keep in mind, that even with Hosea, the woman that he was told to marry was still of the covenant people. She was simply a harlot.

Now, this is probably going to mess with you but consider this;

YHWH has called HIS people into covenant through HIS WORD. Those who keep HIS Word prove that they are in covenant. Those who do not keep HIS Word prove that (no matter what they say), by what they do, they are NOT people of HIS covenant. A question;

Are all who say with their mouth that they are "Christians" followers of MESSIAH? You know that they are not. Only those whose confession lines up with their lives are qualified by The Scriptures as true believers. Consider;

Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Mat 7:22  "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
Mat 7:23  "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

If MESSIAH qualified who exactly were those who were of HIS family, we should be so precise. Consider;
Mat 12:48  But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?"
Mat 12:49  And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers!
Mat 12:50  "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."

I perceive, dear sis that you are a determined and mindful believer. My question to you then is; "Do you want to settle for one who is NOT a believer, in the truest sense of the Word, but only professes to be one of the Covenant as a "Christian?"

May HE, THE ONLY WISE YAH lead you into HIS Truth and through the paths of deception found on this side of eternity!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron