Christianity -- Christian Living/Giving, paying debts, tithes

Question
Hello and thank you in advance for answering my questions. I always look to the bible for answers and I know that God says in the bible to "give to Caesar what is Caesar's" assuming that means we are to pay our debts. However, I am struggling on whether or not I should pay old debts and not give or give and not pay old debts? Or try to do both?  The old debts I can pay but not just yet. I got injured in an accident and reimbursement for those medical bills. I also got behind on a few other bills too. I've also felt like God wants me to give to the ministry as well but kept putting it off and just signed up to give last week. I was thinking I can't really give if I owe creditors money because that is not right either. But then if I don't give anything to the ministry I am always taking and taking and never giving back. I am trying to work my way in to ministry and feel that one must have integrity and old debts paid off before doing so. I wasn't sure if maybe just do my best to pay a little something in every area and trust God to help? What are your thoughts? Thank you and have a great day.

Answer
Dear V,

I will summarize.

2 cor 9 tells us to pay all debts.... in fact ''owe no man anything except to love him'.

Commit yourself by paying a little at a time if you can, then the Lord will bring more for you to give to them.

#Romans 13:8
[Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.#

Integrity must lead you and the Holy Spirit.#Proverbs 11:3
The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them.#

#Proverbs 19:1
Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.#

#Proverbs 28:6
Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich.#

I believe that Jesus has to call you into His ministry not you yourself so be careful in this also and pay tithes as a principle.

I wish you all the best V,

Be blessed and abundantly provided for in Jesus name. Amen  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Rev Philip Dacre