Christianity -- Christian Living/Would like to know if the Pastor was wrong.

Hi. I'm a 25 year old guy from India. From a very young age I had been constantly praying, reading the Bible regularly and going to church and have been very spiritual. Recently, I had gone to see a Pastor in my hometown. My cousin told me that he is a very gifted person and has the gift of prophesying. This Pastor has prophesied many incidents and issues accurately for my cousin and his family. So he asked me to come and meet him. When I went to meet this Pastor, he started to pray for me. As he was praying, he suddenly said that there is a demon inside me and he started praying to send that demon away from me. In fact he was actually performing an exorcism on me. During this time, I had a tightening in my right side of my neck and suddenly i felt my body go completely light for a few seconds. Then the Pastor told me that I had the demon was that of a women's. Then he told me that there is a married women who I have lust for and there are people who will force me to marry her.But here is the thing, I don't know any married women and I don't have lust for any married women. So I don't know why the Pastor who is normally very accurate in his prophecies has said things that I had never done and I don't know why a demon was inside me. All this really freaked me out. Can it be possible that the Pastor was completely wrong. Please give me some idea as to whats going for me.

Dear Jefferson,

Based upon your information I would not be concerned about what the pastor said. Pray and ask God to reveal the truth about the pastor. I am very happy to hear that you are praying and reading the bible daily. "Continue to read and study" God is with you!
 You know what is going on in your life and a demon will not reside in a man of God, and no one can force you to marry anyone. Do not worry. Continue to pray, study, go to church and praise God. "Angels will protect and minister to God's people" Read Psalms 91:11-15 God Bless you!

Dr. Swaby

Christianity -- Christian Living

Dr.M. Swaby

I am able answer to questions on salvation, marriage and family, forgiveness and divorce as well as other biblical and life related question. I am a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor, I am able to research and answer questions according to the Word of God.(Bible) I enjoy guiding others to explore what the Word of God says about living our lives according to His Word. The Word of God answers all of lifes questions, which if followed will give us a life that will weather the storms, at which time we will find that we are still standing even in the mist of the storm. Remember, the Word of God promised us "That he will never leave us or forsake us" May God Bless and keep you in his perfect care.

I am a licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor, I have done marriage Counseling Pre-Marriage Counseling, Biblical Counseling, and Counseling with teens. I love sharing information that will assist one with their walk. Even when we make a mistake it is important not to give up, but to repent ask forgiveness and get back on track. I enjoy encouraging and praying with my fellow Christians.

Member of National Christian Counseling Association

The National Christian Counseling Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor Certified Temperment Counselor