Christianity -- Christian Living/Life after we die

I seem really lost at the minute.
I go to church but l know that I do not understand the 1st & 2nd resurrections.
Would you please help me in this area.
I really do not want to sit in church pretenting to know.
Knowing I don't.
I feel a fake, and it's depressing me deeply.
Thankyou so much for your time in this area.

Well Frank, it sounds like you gotta lot more than the 1st and 2nd resurrections to worry   about, as your not even sure of your own salvation.....

Your salvation doesnt rely on u knowing about this topic!
It rests on u knowing that (if you have asked Jesus into your life, believed on him
and have repented of your sins) you are saved and have eternal life.
If you read the account of the 1st and 2nd resurrections, both are totally different,       happen at different times and to different groups of people:

Therefore; "Daniel 12:2 summarizes the two very different fates facing mankind: “Many of     them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to      shame and everlasting contempt.” Everyone will be raised from the dead, but not everyone     will share the same destiny. The New Testament reveals the further detail of separate resurrections for the just and the unjust.

Revelation 20:4-6 mentions a “first resurrection” and identifies those involved as       “blessed and holy.” The second death (the lake of fire, Revelation 20:14) has no          power over these individuals. The first resurrection, then, is the raising of all        believers. It corresponds with Jesus’ teaching of the “resurrection of the just”          (Luke 14:14) and the “resurrection of life” (John 5:29).

The first resurrection takes place in various stages. Jesus Christ Himself (the          “first fruits,” 1 Corinthians 15:20), paved the way for the resurrection of all          who believe in Him. There was a resurrection of the Jerusalem saints (Matthew 27:52-53)        which should be included in our consideration of the first resurrection. Still to come          are the resurrection of “the dead in Christ” at the Lord’s return (1 Thessalonians 4:16)        and the resurrection of the martyrs at the end of the Tribulation (Revelation 20:4).

Revelation 20:12-13 identifies those comprising the second resurrection as the wicked         judged by God at the great white throne judgment prior to being cast into the lake of          fire. The second resurrection, then, is the raising of all unbelievers; the second          resurrection is connected to the second death. It corresponds with Jesus’ teaching          of the “resurrection of damnation” (John 5:29).

The event which divides the first and second resurrections seems to be the millennial         kingdom. The last of the righteous are raised to reign “with Christ a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4), but the “rest of the dead [that is, the wicked] lived not again          until the thousand years were finished” (Revelation 20:5).

What great rejoicing will attend the first resurrection! What great anguish at the second!       What a responsibility we have to share the Gospel! “And others save with fear, pulling       them out of the fire” (Jude 23)".

(My thanks to S. Michael Houdmann for his valuable insight).

Christianity -- Christian Living

Paul E

Since 1990 when I became a Christian, my life has never been the same since. God has taken me thro so many experiences of life in spiritual matters as well as real life living. He has taught and shown me so much in a short space of time and as result I have been able to help & teach others. How can I help you. My testimony is "I never knew"!

Experience in the area: A Christian since 1990, I have been involved in spiritual warfare,intercession, praise and worship and front line evangelism. Organizations I belong to: I have been involved with several ministries including Team Thrust, Care and Evangelical Alliance.I am at present a praise and worship drummer and PA technician with my local gospel church.

Educated to College level, but graduated from The University of Life!