Christianity -- Christian Living/Christians &Psychics

Question
I am a Christian. Believe in Jesus. I want to fall in love with Him, &I attempt to follow Him to the best of my ability. However, I do go to a spiritual. She answers all of my questions and tell me what is to come. I have had some bad experiences with "prophets". I know this is unpleasing to God. I wish I never opened this door, but now I feel like I need her guidance. People always say depend on God for your answers but its hard. I sometimes feel like God is not speaking, or I am unsure of his voice. I need some Christian help.

Answer
Dearest Denise,
You are not along in sometimes 'feeling' that God is hidden.  But a Christian must not rely on feelings alone. Feelings are very unstable.  I don't know much about you, just that you say you are a believer. So, to help you, I feel I need to go through some of the 'basics' of the Christian faith and walk.  I wonder how well you know the Bible. Were you instructed as a new believer? Have you steadily been in a weekly Bible Study?  Do you attend Sunday School and Worship regularly?  These questions are very important honey.  The moment you 'chose' to believe, and follow Jesus, is the moment you were sealed with the very Spirit of Christ (Holy Spiirit), so you now have your Teacher and Counselor with you at all times. Besides the fact that Christians are not to enter act with spiritualist, (I assume you know that), it is not good that you are in open rebellion to your Lord and Savior. That is why I would like to go over a few basic facts with you.

First of all, it's important that you understand that the Christian walk is all about relationship - relationship with Jesus Christ. It's up to you to cultivate that relationship. Instead, you're cultivating a relationship with a spiritualist! How can that be? What are the spiritualist credentials?  Or more importantly,
what is the Christ of God's credentials? Let me go through them with you.
*Jesus existed from the beginning. He was the active agent in the Creation. He is God!
*All things visible and invisible owe their existence to the Son, and He is the one Who is the source of all life.
*Jesus, though truly God, is also fully human. He humbled himself, went to the cross in our place, saved you/us from eternal damnation.
*We now have eternal life in Him.
         .........that's a given Denise.

Now, where does that leave you and me, in regard to Jesus?   Well, something miraculous happened! The moment you believed, the living Jesus took up residence in your life.  He says, "Do not be afraid, I will never leave you".  In other words, you are never alone!!  Knowing that fact Denise, will help you cultivate that important relationship. What I'm saying is, your personality is linked with his. As branches draw strength and life from the vine, and are enabled to bear fruit, you draw from Jesus! He is your life and your strength! That's a given also.

This takes me to the Holy Spirit.  So many Christians just ignore learning about this third Person of the Trinity.
   *God the Father. *God the Son.  God the Holy Spirit = The Trinity

Did you know that the Holy Spirit strengthened Jesus?  From the moment of Jesus' conception to the unleashing of resurrection energy, the Spirit ministered to and through Jesus. Another fact, did you know that the Spirit's breath accompanied each miracle and shared each whispered prayer, infusing Jesus' touch and teaching with added power!  And did you know that The Spirit today is the One who points the unbelieving heart to Christ.   Another fact you need to know honey, is the Holy Spirit , by His presence, serves as God's own seal and guarantee of yours/my FULL redemption!  Nothing can take us from the hand of God!  These are important facts Denise.   This will not change!  Impressive credentials don't you think!

Now, if you don't know this, you should. This is how and why you should and CAN cultivate a relationship with Christ Jesus. You don't have to 'feel' like He doesn't hear you or isn't guiding you. Remember, you are 'sealed' with the very spirit go God!!!  The Holy Spirit IS the source of the fruit of divine
transformation: love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, and all that marks you/me as Jesus' own.  Think on that.  Think on this too, the Holy Spirit is the one who
manifests himself in varied 'gifts' that enables you and me to contribute to the common good. You're sealed with this power Denise!!!
         ..................this is your Creator's gift to you!!

Spend some time on the 'fruit' within you.   You're a remarkable child of God!  If you would cultivate that relationship, stop living in rebellion (spiritualists),
study His Word, be in fellowship with other believers, the blessings would flow in your life. In fact, the blessings would flow from your life.  

It is my prayer Denise that God has helped me to shine light where there was darkness.  You should be a 'light' to your spiritualist. You have within you wisdom yet to be tapped!  Jesus Christ is the Creator God - your spiritualist is the 'created'.  How can the ' created' be greater or wiser than the CREATOR?

Draw near to God, dear one, and He will draw near to you.  The Spirit's job is to line up your desires with God's desires. Read the Scriptures. Let the Spirit teach you. Study to know the mind of God - the more you know the mind of God the more you will become like Him.  
         ............. The way we cultivate a relationship with someone, is to spend time with that person.
         .............Jesus says, "Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you.

My prayers are with you pretty girl.
Rev. Ramona Stonecipher

Christianity -- Christian Living

Reverend Ramona C. Stonecipher