Christianity -- Christian Living/Dreams &Spiritualist

Question
QUESTION: I have been seeing a psychic. She calls herself a spiritualist. I know is it wrong but I have specific spiritual questions that I can not find anyone on the church to answer. What do I do about these questions and assurances I need but still please God?

ANSWER: Send me your questions. I'll see what I can do.

QUESTION: I want to know what I purpose and destiny is in life. I am not sue what to work towards. Also I am not sure is the guy I have been involved with apart of Gods plan for my life. Is there any thing working against me spiritually that may be hindering me? No woman in my family has a successful stable home with career husband and kids. How do I break this pattern. I want more out of life.

ANSWER: I want to know what I purpose and destiny is in life. I am not sue what to work towards.

To come to know God and Christ. To make God the center of your life.  Life outside the influence of God is described as a vain life, without purpose, direction, or goal.  We exist because of Him, and He calls all mankind to repent; turn to Him in faith.

Also I am not sure is the guy I have been involved with apart of Gods plan for my life.

Only time will tell.

Is there any thing working against me spiritually that may be hindering me?

Physical distractions of this world.

No woman in my family has a successful stable home with career husband and kids. How do I break this pattern. I want more out of life.

There are no guarantees, but there are things you can do to increase the chances of success.  However, mentioning some things can all too easily be interpreted as "prying".

The biggest mistake I see women make is getting into a relationship with a guy without the commitment of marriage.  There is a psychological effect with a lack of true commitment, where trust is compromised.  Since they didn't "wait" for marriage, they both begin to think the other cannot be trusted to be true to the relationship. In essence, the seeds of destruction of the relationship are sown at the beginning. Without trust, there is no real relationship.

I want more out of life.

John 10:8  All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9  I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Regards;

Bill Hohmann

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response. I am a little confused because I don't understand are you saying that it is wrong to want more in life is it wrong to want physical and emotional needs if God is a spirit how can you satisfy me physically. I know that Paul was gifted with contentment in singleness however I do not feel that I am.I don't understand. Thank you

Answer
Apparently, I do not understand what you mean when you say you want more out of life.  You may well do more things, and go more places, and possess more things and goods, but if your life is found to be empty even after all those things, then how can you say they were "more"?  Should you not be seeking what God wants for you in this life, now?  Anything you do in this life is going to pale into insignificance compared to what He has planned for those who seek Him now.  In other words, you can "work" for hot dogs in this life, or enjoy steak in the next.

It sounds like the "more" you are looking for is to be found in a "relationship" here and now.  There is nothing wrong with desiring a good, stable relationship/marriage with another.  What I have observed in my lifetime are people looking for "Mr. Right" or "Miss Right" when they should be working on their own character so at to be a "Mr" or "Miss" Right themselves.  

I'm sorry, but my area of expertise is not in personal relations and counseling people in that regard.

Bill Hohmann

Christianity -- Christian Living

Bill Hohmann