Christianity -- Christian Living/God in life

Mr B wrote at 2015-06-06 13:17:28

This scripture does not say, these " gifts " have been done away, but shall be!  When shall these gifts not be needed? When the believer grows in perfection/maturity, and from knowing only " in part "!  Then these gifts will not be needed.

The example of this truth is " when I was a child, I only knew in part. BUT when I became a man/mature/perfect THEN I shall know fully.  [ the word "perfect" is also translated " mature/ing"]

1 or.13: 8 Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;

10 but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.

12 For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.

13 But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry for almost 20 years. I have been a Senior Pastor more than 4 years. My gifts abound in the counseling ministry as well as equipping believers to express their faith.

The Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College.