Christianity -- Christian Living/God??

Question
Sir, how do I know if God has spoken to me.

Months ago when I was a deist I fell into a situation that got me seeking God over it, he told me pray, have patience and faith.

Later he told me that I need to return to church, the situation also prompted me to pray for another's salvation, yet I've been told I never heard from God

Answer
Raul,

Thank you for your question.

I am delighted to find out that you have come to embrace the truth that God is indeed involved in our lives and interacts with us.  

There are a few questions that I hope you will answer so that I can better understand the situation.  

1. In what way did you hear God speak to you? (Was it a strong inner conviction, or did you audibly hear Him?)

2. Have you come to follow Jesus? (You said He told you to return to church... did that lead you to decide anything about Jesus?)

3. Who told you that you did not hear from God, and why did he/she/they say that?

The truth is, God is a free agent, and He can speak to whomever He likes however He likes.  I've been surprised to find out the ways in which He has communicated with people - people I would not have expected Him to communicate with.  Yet, the one constant is that He will unfailingly point people to trust and follow His Son.  If that is the ultimate direction of what you've been experiencing, then I have no difficultly believing that God has spoken to you.  

Perhaps the person or people who told you that God never spoke to you know more than I do about the situation that leads them to that conclusion.  Based solely on what you've expressed, however, I see no reason to conclude that He hasn't spoken to you.

If you'd like to answer the questions above for me, I'd be glad to delve into the matter further with you.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Ryan Parish