Christianity -- Christian Living/God in life

Sir, how do I know if God has spoken to me.

Months ago when I was a deist I fell into a situation that got me seeking God over it, he told me pray, have patience and faith.

Later he told me that I need to return to church, the situation also prompted me to pray for another's salvation, yet I've been told I never heard from God

Hi Raul,

Thanks for this great question.  Many people feel promptings and leadings and they want to know if they are from God or not...  Here is what we know:

1. God has written the Bible through His servants.  Every word in the Bible is God-Breathed.

2 Timothy 3:16 (AV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2.  The Holy Spirit helps us to hear God speak through the Bible.  If the leading we feel lines up with the Bible, then it is true... if not then it is not true.

John 17:17 (AV)
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

3.  The Bible is the tool you need to do the work of God... not our intellect or wisdom... use the Bible!

Hebrews 4:12 (AV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

4.  Be careful that you are not being told that God is giving you stuff even more than what is in the Bible... we are told that prophecy is done... the Bible is complete... any spirit that tells you there is more is a liar.

Revelation 22:1819 (AV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry for almost 20 years. I have been a Senior Pastor more than 4 years. My gifts abound in the counseling ministry as well as equipping believers to express their faith.

The Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College.