Christianity -- Christian Living/God spoke?

Sir, how do I know if God has spoken to me.

Months ago when I was a deist I fell into a situation that got me seeking God over it, he told me pray, have patience and faith.

Later he told me that I need to return to church, the situation also prompted me to pray for another's salvation, yet I've been told I never heard from God

Hello, Raul.

God does not speak to us in a supernatural way today, and that includes the use of an audible voice. God communicates His will to mankind through His Word, the Bible. The Bible is the entire will of God.

Praying, having patience, and faith are all spoken of in the Bible, and so if you felt the urge to show these in your life, then it's possible that God is moving you in that direction. We can't be certain, of course, because even unsaved people can pray, can believe to a certain extent, and so on.

Ultimately it is God Who works in the life of the individual He wishes to save, and He saves through His Word. Romans 10:17 says: So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. When an unsaved person is hearing or reading the Bible, God can apply the Word to his or her heart, making the individual born again (John 3:3). This is completely up to God and will only occur in God's timetable, and only for God's elect (Ephesians 1).

The Bible admonishes us to pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17), and to come boldly to the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:16). Your praying for yourself and others is called for in the Bible. We have to wait for God, though, because it is up to Him whether a particular person does become saved (Romans 9:15-16).

I hope this helps.

May God bless you,

Galatians 2:14: But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Christianity -- Christian Living

John Zalewski

I can answer questions about Heaven and Hell, becoming a true believer (born again) and how to know if you are truly saved. As a Christian, it is my duty to help spread the Gospel. I can take a look at Bible verses if you like. It is in my best interest to eliminate any and all confusion about the Bible, so please do not hesitate to ask me whatever you like.

Born-again Christian; have studied the Bible for approximately five years.

The Holy Spirit is the teacher.