Christianity -- Christian Living/Reply

Question
QUESTION: I'm going to be as honest as I can

I prayed about a friend concerning a situation, and I saw things telling me to pray. It was probably not God because the situation hasn't changed.

But months later I was prompted to pray for my friends salvation. I was myself told that church wasn't needed, buy I felt the need to repent and change my life.

I guess it was a mix of God but satan trying to fool me.

ANSWER:    I'm going to be as honest as I can

...........................          ..................................          .....................      
These two statements underlined. Tell me what you saw, that was talking. And What was doing the prompting.
Something you saw, something you heard.  I need clarity on this experience.

Raul, the Lord sends me the hard cases, for a reason. It is because He can use me to get to the crux of the problem..and bring the Truth to light...  So if you want help then you better keep in touch, and don't lie, or argue with me.

I'm off for supper till 7 pm . I will be back on line at that time.

Mr Burns.

QUESTION: Many times people would tell me to pray, be patient, have faith. Many were sinners, a few were decent.

As for what I saw. It was more like things I wanted to see. I'd go online and see things posted such as.

Ignore the nay Sayers (those saying I won't see my situation will change, a dr told me that)

Don't argue with God or question him, just obey (concerning being patient, I had just had an argument with a very rude preacher and wondered why I was even bothering with anything.

When I was thinking about the situation concerning my friend, I saw just one word pop up once....pray.

But these things are just posts from a Facebook page that appear on my timeline, but I thought they spoke to me concerning prayer and it's ability to change things, but yes many people told me the same thing, pray, and wait.

And a night ago I was very angry and I read a similar post to those things above, I felt a lot of peace.

As for going back to church, I was prompted to pray for my friends salvation due to her behavior, and others told me that God was not in a church building but wants me to change.

I was invited by two friends to go to church. But yes I felt prompted inside to go back, the prompting comes and goes.

The urge to pray on the other hand for my friend, that is always there but probably out of want, not God.

ANSWER: Many times people would tell me to pray, be patient, have faith. Many were sinners, a few were decent.

Raul, this doesn't make any sense...  Sinners don't tell supposed Christians to pray! NOR do " decent folk " whatever that means.. And finding words or phrases on facebook????  No wonder your mixed up!  

You open your bible and start reading. That is where you find answers Raul not online.  From people you can't check their credentials as to who,or what they are...  BUT you can trust the word of God.

And secondly Raul, we don't go on feelings, or emotions, we Christians have something better. It is the witness of the Spirit.....  Feelings and emotions are of the flesh rhelm, and as you know, they can change in an instant...

We are to take the salvation message to those we would like to see on board.  BUT if we aren't on board ourselves what is it that we have to give them..????

And again....  We, in ourselves are unable to change into what God wants us to be!  That is His job...  We are the clay, He is the potter. Ever seen clay make something of itself????

Raul, the Lord wants all to be saved, BUT it ain't gonna happen because of free will. BUT HE does expect us to take our testimony as to how we found salvation in Christ, and received His Spirit to the world....  Course it is much easier to sit and pray, for someone else to do the work, isn't it?

You didn't answer my question about being born again, and receiving the Spirit.  Have you been born again? John 3.  Have you received the Holy Spirit since believing in Jesus Christ?  Acts 19..

Mr Burns

QUESTION: I was told to pray by Christians but only a few.

I don't know what being born again is.

I confessed with my mouth Christ is Lord and I was baptized when I was 26

And I try to act in my situation, but it's not changing.

Answer
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

This Raul, is the Word of God on believing in Jesus as the son of God and the story of the Gospel, and how man is to be born of water and the Spirit...

Acts 19: Notice this.....CHAPTER 19.
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
7 And all the men were about twelve.

Here Paul ran into some disciples of John the baptist.  They admitted to being water baptised, but hadn't heard about Spirit baptisim. Paul explained this to them, and they received the Holy Spirit, and signs of the gift of tongues, and prophesying were manifest as the evidence of their being born of the Spirit.

Now read these over carefully, and in your heart, can you answer positive to the requirements.

MR Burns.

PS Here is the witness and evidence that one has been born of God, and received the Spirit of Jesus in their lives...  

Hebrews 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Notice the evidence, and witness to ones salvation... Signs, wonders, miracles, gifts of the Holy Spirit..

Christianity -- Christian Living

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus