Christianity -- Christian Living/Christ's return

Question
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Christianity Jesus is going to come out of the sky send all the bad people (or anyone that happens to be the wrong religion) to hell and take all the good people to Heaven? How exactly is this going to work? If Jesus appears in say, Israel, how will people in New York know he's back? What about people in remote parts of the world like the Amazon rainforest? What language will Jesus speak? To me this is the most unbelievable part of Christianity.

Answer
Dear Sonja,

first of all you must understand that when Jesus return, He will appear to everybody and everybody will hear Him speaking his own language. In fact, the appearence of Jesus is a trascendent event, and not a physical event; trascendent events do not follow the natural laws of physics.
Besides, acording to catholicism, Jesus is not going to anyone that happens to be the wrong religion to hell.
God loves us infinitely and He desires to lead each of us to the eternal life  and to the true happiness. But God is perfectly Holy and Good; God cannot tolerate evil because evil is uncompatible with His good and holy nature.
So, we cannot go to heaven as long as we are not completely purified from our sins and sanctified.
Our sanctifcation is necessary for us to go to heaven.
God desires to sanctify us, but He has given us a free-will, so God needs our consent in order to purify and sanctify us. God respects our choices and therefore God cannot santify those who do not want to be sanctified and purified, those who do not want to stop sinning, those who do not want to live a holy life.
These are those who go to hell.
Those who love God and die without being perfectly sanctified go to Purgatory. Purgatory is an addictional phase in the afterlife necessary to reach a perfect purification and sanctification.
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.
Some people could choose not to be catholic because they have had wrong information about the catholic teachings; these persons are not truly rejecting Christ and the catholic faith, but they are rejecting some wrong ideas about the catholic faith.These people may believe in the true love and the true righteousness, without understanding that this is the christian concept of love and righteousness. They can be saved.

I hope this may help you,
Please let me know if you need some clarifications,

Your brother in Christ,

Marco.
PS I think that faith cannot come only from logic, because to have faith in God means to trust and love God.
I think however that logics and science prove the existence of our soul and the existence of  God and that there are many rational arguments strongly supporting the christian faith.
Basically, science has proved that the state of the universe is determined by some specific mathematical equations, the laws of physics; the universe cannot exist independently from such equations, which determine the events and the properties of such events.
However we know that a mathematical equation cannot exist by itself, but it exists only as a thought in a conscious and intelligent mind. In fact, a mathematical equation is only an abstract concept, which existence presupposes the existence of a person conceiving such a concept.  
Therefore, the existence of this mathematically structured universe does imply the existence of an intelligent God; this universe cannot exist by itself, but it can exist only if there is a conscious and inteligent God conceiving  it according to some specific mathematical equations.
Since the universe cannot exists by itself, but only because God conceive it, God certainly knows everything in every instant. God knows everything becuase eberything is under His control and everything exists only because of Him.

There are some other arguments, which explanation is rather long and Allexperts allows only to give short answers. You can find such arguments  in the following site

http://xoomer.alice.it/fedeescienza/englishnf.html

where  I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges about brain and matter.
This analysis points out how the laws of physics  prove that the   brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies  the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial element. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.
In the first article entitled “Mind and brain...” you can find a general discussion of the mind and brain problem from a scientific point of view.
In the second article entitled “Scientific contraddictions in materialism”
you  can find an explanation of the fundamental inconsistencies of  the  typical arguments used by materialists, such as the concept of emergent, macroscopic or holist property, complexity, information, etc.
In the section called “FAQ: answers to  visitors' questions” you can find the answer to many typical questions, such as "Are there any scientifically proved miracles?", "Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of God?", "Can science explain God?", "Can science establish which is the true religion?", "Can science explain consciousness in the future?", and many others.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Marco B.