Christianity -- Christian Living/Would Jesus condemn BSA surveillance and another thing

Question
Greetings and blessings! In the time when Jesus was on Earth there were no telecommunication capabilities whatsoever but the Bible says we should not adapt to times and we should remain as the Bible says. The problem is I am having a hard time to find verses in the Bible that could applied to the NSA mass surveillance. It is my opinion that Jesus would condemn the mass surveillance done by NSA to innocent people violating their privacy and Gof given freedoms. So do you believe if Jesus was born to this time, he'd tell the governments to mind their own business? He did say that may the one who has bot sinned throw the first stone.

And what would he think of the ever increasing economic regulation in the world? God made humans free so constant ever increasing regulation on how two humans do business with each other seems to violate the freedom blessed to us by God himself.

Answer
Dear Mika,

I apologize for the tardiness of my response.  Balancing ministry and personal life is a challenge at times!

As for your question, what I know about YAHSHUA (HIS given Name), HE would oppose anything that would be considered "lawless".
The accumulation of information for the purpose of harm, coercion or manipulation would fall into that category.

The Scriptures addres this premise, without the specific contemporary act being detailed. For example, following the laws of the land where you reside, unless those  would mandate that you are to be in opposition to The Scriptures is established throughout The Scriptures.
Act 5:29    Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

However, that does not mean that ones own interpretation of The Scriptures, in order to substantiate said disobedience to the laws of the land is always justified. Some attempt to not pay taxes based on their government being corrupt. When Paul wrote Romans, the government was anything but pleasing to THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE! And yet Paul was inspired to pen the following;
Rom 13:1 📝 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2    Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Rom 13:3    For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Rom 13:5    Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
Rom 13:6    For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
Rom 13:7    Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

As for your second question regarding the current economic regulations, YAHSHUA evidently was not too concerned about money... Putting Judas in charge of it...
12:4    Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
Joh 12:5    Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
Joh 12:6    This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
Joh 12:7    Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
Joh 12:8    For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

The "love of money" will ultimately be used against those who are bound by it!
1Ti 6:7    For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8    And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9    But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10    For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1Ti 6:11    But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:12    Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Rev 13:16    And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17    And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Hope that helps!
May you walk in HIS TRUTH as you seek to please HIM!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron