Christianity -- Christian Living/Salvation

Good day my name is Tee. I have some questions I wanted to ask you so here goes.. Can one lose their salvation? I have been taught that once saved always saved and nothing can pluck me out of the hand of God also I am eternally secure .However The Book of Revelation seems to say otherwise.  At this time I'm unsure as to exactly what Scripture but it does mention all fornicators, liars ,adulterers, will have their place in the lake of fire.. Can you please explain how one can remain saved and the Book of Revelation state if you are doing those particular sins you end up in the lake of fire? Thank you for your time and help.

Dear Tee,

Your question has a sparked debate among professing Christendom for centuries. There is the one camp that propagates as you have been told and there is another camp that teaches the exact opposite, with varying degrees of agreement and opposition in between...

The former camp purports that a true believer would not do such things as listed in 1Cor 5&6 or Galatians 5 and Revelation 22 that would exclude one from entering the Kingdom of YAHWEH (HIS NAME), hence he/she who both professes and still practices such things, (they conclude) "was never saved to begin with..."

The latter camp purports a form of what I term "greasy" grace, where in their minds, it really doesn't matter what one does, as long as he/she professes to believe and to rely on their greasy grace to get them into HIS Kingdom...

I do not camp with either of these perspectives. The verse that you alluded to in your question refers to being separated from HIS LOVE... not from HIS presence...;

Rom 8:38-39  "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor messengers nor principalities nor powers, neither the present nor the future, nor height nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of Elohim which is in Messiah יהושע our Master."

Plus the very irresponsible definition used and misapplied to the word "grace" has been used to propagate such perspectives. I'm referring to "unmerited favor" to mean that one can live recklessly and still depend on HIS favor to get them into the Kingdom! Consider the true definition of the Greek Word "Charis" or Grace;
From G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy).

Notice; "especially the divine influence upon the heart, and it's reflection in the life"!!!
That divine influence in HIS SPIRIT working in and through true believers to walk according to HIS WORD! That same SPIRIT convicts of sin, empowers for life, gifts the person for service and seals him/her. The evidence of the presence of HIS SPIRIT is a transformed life that will be ushered into HIS Kingdom with the words "well done, good and faithful servant..."

Those who look for loop holes in theology so that they can live anyway that they please, and still hear those words from MESSIAH, should realize that they will not! Instead, they will hear; "depart from ME! I never knew you!"

Just as no one could force you into believing in MESSIAH, thus throwing you into HIS hands, no one can stop you from believing in HIM, thus plucking you out of HIS hands. The choice, daily, is yours and yours alone...

Keep in mind, that even the serious, truly converted person will face trials. Sometimes they will make poor choices. Sometimes they will stumble. It is those who, when they do these things who look to HIM, confess their sins and experience HIS cleansing, who will keep walking toward HIS KINGDOM! Read 1 John 1. It was/is written to believers who are heading in the right direction!

May you choose wisely and commit to that choice as you face each day's struggles to walk according to HIS WORD! May HIS strength be yours as you allow HIM to be conformed in you and through you! IN YAHSHUA!

Pastor Ron  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron

I feel comfortable answering questions pertaining to all aspects of Christianity and the Bible. I have been able to help those who need biblical counseling in the areas of personal discipleship, bible study, study helps, prophecy, relationships, marriage, divorce, ministry, calling, gifts of the Spirit, demonology, etc. I cannot answer those questions pertaining to Denominational Christianity, since I have no experience nor understanding of it.

I have been involved in ministry since 1978 and have been a Senior Pastor since 1988. I have taught through the Bible three times. I have taught completely through the New Testament five times. I have taught Bible College courses in two Bible Colleges. Before I became a Christian in 1977, I was heavily involved in drugs and alcohol and have since worked with those who struggle with addictions of all kinds through counseling, rehab and deliverance ministries.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Studies and have taught in two Bible Colleges.