Christianity -- Christian Living/Unemployment and Dating

Dear Pastor Ron,

I am a single man who strongly believes in the assembling of the saints (Hebrews 10:25); therefore, I attend Church services on a weekly basis. I enjoy attending Church service for the most part. However, things in the employment market have been sour for me for a number of years now. I got to the point where I feel I am near unemployable, and that either God has no desire to help me, as far as, work opportunities go, or the devil's opposition to my getting a welcome mat to the world of employment is to discard that mat altogether. Anyway, when I go to Church there are a number of women that tend to congregate around me, and I'm tired of explaining that I am not employed. They have absolutely NO HELP for me. It's all about the money. If it were not for the fact that God wants His people to congregate I would probably slow down on Church attendance (The unemployment thing can be VERY depressing at times. What burns me up more than anything is, Why did not God place His people more so in the positions of CEOs and managerial levels of employment? Financial success in the world today? It reminds me of Revelation 3:14-22 & Revelation 13:11-18.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I gathered sufficient funds on a weekly basis, maybe, it would be better to visit other Churches, and rotate my home congregation attendance every so often. Why? This way no women become to attracted to being around me so I don't wind up giving them any disappointing news. So, Pastor Ron, What do you think about this idea (Please bear in mind this economy stinks so much that my own Pastor can't even find his own son employment)? I will await your reply. Thank you.

Dear William,
In response to your request, I offer these words;

The Master did not invest into this kingdom...
Mat 8:19    And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
Mat 8:20    And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

His Words are not kept by those who are preoccupied with this kingdom...
Mat 13:3    And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
Mat 13:4    And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
Mat 13:5    Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
Mat 13:6    And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
Mat 13:7    And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
Mat 13:8    But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
Mat 13:9    Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Luk 9:23    And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luk 9:24    For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Luk 9:25    For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
Luk 9:26    For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Luk 9:57    And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
Luk 9:58    And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
Luk 9:59    And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Luk 9:60    Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
Luk 9:61    And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
Luk 9:62    And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

1Ti 6:6    But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7    For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8    And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9    But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10    For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1Ti 6:11    But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Be wise in your pursuits. The enemy of your soul is using your desires against you! Which kingdom do you seek? The one that is next to your heart will demand your attention... And your assets. By discerning that you will be able to determine your allegiance... And either continue... Or repent and change!

May you choose wisely! May your choices be blessed according to HIS WORD,

Pastor Ron  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron

I feel comfortable answering questions pertaining to all aspects of Christianity and the Bible. I have been able to help those who need biblical counseling in the areas of personal discipleship, bible study, study helps, prophecy, relationships, marriage, divorce, ministry, calling, gifts of the Spirit, demonology, etc. I cannot answer those questions pertaining to Denominational Christianity, since I have no experience nor understanding of it.

I have been involved in ministry since 1978 and have been a Senior Pastor since 1988. I have taught through the Bible three times. I have taught completely through the New Testament five times. I have taught Bible College courses in two Bible Colleges. Before I became a Christian in 1977, I was heavily involved in drugs and alcohol and have since worked with those who struggle with addictions of all kinds through counseling, rehab and deliverance ministries.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Studies and have taught in two Bible Colleges.