Christianity -- Christian Living/One simple question

Question
QUESTION: Am I going to Hell because I do not accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior?

ANSWER: Joe, expirence has taught me that most people who ask this question, phrased in this way, are typically not interested in the answer but rather a debate. However, my answer is provided in the unlikely event you are sincere in your question:

The scriptures read, "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that is given among people by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12) So, if there is salvation in no one else, then the answer to your question is a simple and unequivocal "Yes."

QUESTION: I am not interested in debate, Doc. I just wanted to hear/read it coming from someone who is an "expert" on the subject. I have heard that answer from many "trailer park" (You know, the people you PREY upon?) types before, but not many doctors.

The funny thing is, I have also sought answers directly from the source. I have stopped by many Catholic and Christian churches over the years and some have said yes and others have said no. You "Christians" should get your story straight.

It is people like you that keep "peace" from truly happening in this world. I hope you are proud of yourself. It is kinda interesting how much Christianity and Islam have in common.

I TRULY wish you well Doc. I guess my goodbye should be, See you in Hell?
Joe

Answer
I cannot help but wonder why you rejected the answer you expected. The answer I provided was the words of the Bible. Perhaps my mistake was in answering you from a source which you do not recognize as an authority. Nevertheless, I provided the Biblical answer and you are not rejecting my opinion but the Bible's.

Your response is a classic example of a logical fallacy known as: Argumentum ad Hominem which can be defined as: the fallacy of attacking the character or circumstances of an individual who is advancing a statement or an argument instead of trying to disprove the truth of the statement or the soundness of the argument. Often the argument is characterized simply as a personal attack. (http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/person.html) I have found that people often resort to this method of attack when they instinctively know that their own arguments/position is untenable.

Your response makes it plain that you don't like my answer. So, let me tell you a brief story:

There was a man who decided that he was going to worship God, but he wanted to do it in his own way. In his heart, he thought, "I'm the one worshiping God, so I should be able to do it my way. Who says the way anybody else does it is right and I'm wrong? Who are they to judge?" So, the man worshiped God just as he planned, but afterwards he discovered that God wasn't all that pleased with the his worship. The man was unhappy and even angry at both God and especially the other God-worshipers. It seems that he blamed the other God-worshipers for God rejecting him. God responded to the man, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” (Genesis 4:6-7)

Here's my point, we must approach God according to His standards and not our own. When we approach Him our own way then we are making a god according to our own understanding, according to our own image. This is the definition of idolatry. God has described, in extensive detail, how we are to come to Him. He has provided the means and the method. Cain (the man from our story) tried to do it his way and God rejected his attempts. It isn't about being good or bad, right or wrong, Jesus took care of that when He died on the Cross. Instead, it is about faith in Christ, and in Him alone. You signed your response by writing, "See you in Hell" but the fact is, you will not see me in Hell for when I die I will go to be with the Lord Jesus Christ; not because I deserve it, because I don't, but because He has forgiven ME of MY sins. He will forgive you of yours, if you will ask him.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Dr. Robert Ainsworth