Christianity -- Christian Living/People under the influence

Question
Hello and thank you in advance for your time. I was curious about your opinion on people on drugs and drunk. While it's true that there are biological changes that occur while people are drunk or stoned, I wondered if that while under the influence could a demon or the devil take possession of a person? I ask because throughout much of my life, I have witnesses seemingly normal ordinary people do and say the craziest things while intoxicated. They have gotten in fights, broken things threatened and gone to jail etc. The next day they have no recollection of it. I have a brother who has now lost his mind from years of drugs and drinking, sad he used to be smart.It's heartbreaking.

While it's true that alcohol can inhibit one's thinking, how can a normally calm person become vicious if that is not their "normal" demeanor? I was thinking it's a way in for bad spirits out there to ruin people's lives...I wish alcohol could be obliterated from the earth. Countless lives ruined by it...all walks of life too. What are your thoughts?

Answer
john 10;10 the devil comes to steal kill destroy and he seeketh whom he may devout.Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine." Proverb 23:29-30Demon Possession and Alcohol

Beer is 100% LIQUID DEVIL!  In Revelation 21:8, the word "sorcerers" is translated from the Greek "pharmakeus," which means "a drug, i.e. a spell-giving potion; a druggist (pharmacist) or poisoner." Interestingly, the modern word "pharmacy" comes from the SAME Greek root word as does the word "sorcerer." Thus, there has always been a direct connection between demonic possession and substance abuse. People throughout history who have entered the occult have abused alcohol and drugs to increase their levels of occultic consciousness. The taking of alcohol or drugs is absolutely essential to the practice of witchcraft and Satanism. Drinking alcohol opens demonic doors because a weak mind is the Devil's workshop. To come under the influence of alcohol is to LOSE one's capacity for reason and control. Many rock-n-roll performers have openly admitted to writing some of their music while high on illegal-drugs. Listen to what Brian Wilson, lead singer of the Beach Boys stated...

"We were doing witchcraft, trying to make witchcraft music." -- Brian Wilson quoted in Nick Kent's The Dark Stuff (pg.27.)

"About a year ago I had what I consider a very religious experience. I took LSD, a full dose of LSD, and later, another time, I took a smaller dose. And I learned a lot of things, like patience, understanding. I can't teach you, or tell you, what I learned from taking it. But I consider it a very religious experience." -- Brian Wilson, Look! Listen! Vibrate! SMiLE!, (pg.167.)

"We smoked pot and hash when originally creating those songs [in the late 1960s]. It helped us get into the songs." -Brian Wilson
Alcohol IS A DRUG!!! It affects the entire body. Actually, a driver can be impaired with a U.S. blood-alcohol level as low as .03. When you drink alcohol, it goes straight from the stomach to the bloodstream. Alcohol can be detected in the blood as fast as five minutes after drinking, and it's effects — most obvious in the central nervous system — peak in about 30 to 45 minutes.

Alcohol depresses the central nervous system which, in turn, impairs motor function, motor performance, speech and eye movements. These skills are not only slowed down, they are performed more inaccurately. Alcohol also affects the ability to think and reason clearly.

This is prime opportunity for Satan to sift you as wheat ... Jesus warned Peter in Luke 22:31, "...behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat." The Devil wants to kill, steal, and destroy your life (John 10:10) —why make it easier for him by drinking booze? Truly, consuming beer is risky business. There has always been a controversy about the "wine" in the New Testament being an intoxicant. It is my firm conviction that the Lord Jesus did not make an intoxicating drink at the wedding in Cana of Galilee (see John 2). Anyone who attempts to make of Him a bootlegger is ridiculous and is doing absolutely an injustice. Folk like to present the argument that in the warm climate of Israel all one had to do was to put grape juice in a wine skin and in time it would ferment. Yes, but in the miracle at Cana, the Lord Jesus started out with water, and in the matter of a few seconds He had "wine." My friend, it didn’t have a chance to ferment. And we must remember that the wedding in Cana was a religious service, and everything that had to do with leaven (which is fermentation) was forbidden. This is the reason that at the time of the Passover and the institution of the Lord’s Supper the wine could not have been fermented. Fermentation is the working of leaven, and leaven was strictly forbidden in bread and in everything else. The bread and drink could not have been leavened. Intoxicants are condemned in the Word of God, and here is a verse for it: "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

Today many folk are being trapped by this type of thing. America is becoming a nation of drunkards. I am not impressed when the news media lets us know the tremendous amount of taxes that comes from the liquor industry. What they forget to tell is the cost of the hospitals, the mental institutions and the accidents—the people who have been maimed for life—as a result of drinking drivers. That kind of cost is not reported. I understand that any derogatory news is suppressed because one of the biggest advertisers is the booze industry. We hear about how bad drug abuse is today; but remember, alcohol is a drug!     Drunkenness was the undoing of Noah, and it has been a problem from that day to the present hour. Alcohol is valuable for medicinal purposes, but the minute it is used as a beverage it becomes dangerous. The number of alcoholics is increasing every year. It is one of the greatest tax burdens we have to bear. But you don’t learn of that through the news media. In fact, it is dangerous to lift your head against this hydra-headed monster. I predict that it will not be missiles but liquor that will destroy our nation." -Pastor J. Vernon McGee (SOURCE: THRU THE BIBLE WITH J. VERNON McGee, Proverb 20:1).

Jesus fully knew the evils of alcohol. Don't you tell me that Jesus didn't see the broken families, the drunkard fathers, the battered wives, the neglected children—all because of alcohol. The world hasn't changed that much in 2,000 years. In fact, alcohol was a problem back in Genesis, evidenced by Noah's drunkenness (Genesis 9:21). Alcohol has historically been used to induce sexual sins (Genesis 19:31-36). Alcohol is LIQUID DEVIL, because the Devil uses alcohol greatly to destroy people's lives. When a person drinks alcohol, and loses their mind, the Devil takes control. Their is NO BIBLICAL SUPPORT FOR CHRISTIANS DRINKING THE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OF OUR DAY! What early believers drank was sub-alcoholic by today’s standards. Pastors and deacons were cautioned to steer away from wine (1st Timothy 3:3,8). Romans 14:21 warns... "It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to to drink wine, nor anything whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak." 1st Corinthians 6:12 tells us that we are not to "be brought under the power" or to be controlled by anything. The only exception is the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). Alcohol is clearly a powerful substance (Proverbs 23:35). Because alcohol is addictive, we should choose not to drink alcoholic beverages. Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"
(Proverb 20:1).Alcohol Kills!

Christianity -- Christian Living

Deb