Christianity -- Christian Living/Christian Real Estate Agent

Question
Hello Deb:

Hello Deb:  I have a friend who is Christian and works as a real estate agent.  She recently told me that most of the younger couples who she helps in the home buying process are unmarried.  

We both object to live-in relationships, and feel it is immoral.  If I were her, I would not be able to assist unmarried couples in buying a home.  I think *that* would be immoral too.

I would never tell my friend how I feel about this because that would be inappropriate.  I would appreciate your opinion on this matter.  Thanks.

Answer
personally as a christian,we cannot judge people and disown them,u never know,by shining your light u may win them over to Jesus,everyone deserves a chance,personally i don't have a heaven or hell to place no one,God sent me to be amond unbelievers so that i may let my light shine that they may be saved,its not about us,Jesus never rejected anyone,he even set at the table with judas knowing he would betray him. thoughtful Christian perspective. Matthew 7:1,"Judge not, that you be not judged."that's her job and God placed her their for a purpose.The directive to REFRAIN from judging outsiders, has ONLY ONE context in the narrative: "You WILL be judged by whatever judgment criteria you use against un-believers", period! Paul FRIMLY reiterates this in 1 Corinthians 5

1Cor. 5:12 "For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? Do not ye judge them that are within?"  the concept of judgment that both Jesus and Paul are talking about does not exclude any kind of condemnation or criticism of sin. Basically the command against judging others simply means that no Christian should ever write off an unbeliever as irredeemable nor should they somehow look down upon unbelievers as somehow less valuable than a believer. He also taught in that same Sermon on the Mount that "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet" and "Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven"(Matt 5:13, 19). Jesus clearly teaches his church to instruct sinners and to act rightly. Instruction requires correction; you cannot get around it. Being the salt of the earth means the church must seek to preserve a certain moral value in society. “Who are you to judge two people who love each other?”
“Who do you think you are, telling someone who they can and cannot love? Here, Christ is warning believers against making judgments in a hypocritical or condemning manner. That type of judging is a characteristic often associated with the Pharisees during the ministry of Jesus. Many people who quote “"judge not"” from Matthew 7:1 fail to notice the command to judge in Matthew 7:5, when it says, “"Then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."” The point Jesus emphasizes here is to judge yourself first before you make judgments about others. (Also, notice the discernment and judgment required in Matthew 7:15–16, 20.) In the broader context, Jesus is telling believers to be discerning when it comes to false teaching and false prophets because they “look” Christian, but their goal is to lead the flock astray (Matthew 7:15–20; Luke 6:43–45).

As Christians, we should be living godly lives so that we can first concentrate on our own repentance of sin. Sanctification is a lifelong process of being transformed every day into the image of Christ. Without this, we have no place in helping another brother or sister. What Christ teaches His believers in Matthew 7 is that if we ourselves are not personally repenting of our sins, we are in no place to tell others how sinful they are acting. But the Bible does tell us to preach the gospel—and part of the gospel message is that people are sinners in need of salvation.  The key  is making righteous judgments so that we can point people to the gospel. God’s Word gives us a clear standard to abide by, and the Holy Spirit guides us in what is right, wrong, true, and false. In order to make judgments righteously, we should be striving to live righteously and allowing the Word of God to be our foundation in every area of our thinking. t it is God’s Word that makes the judgment on morality and truth, not our own opinions or theories.

What’s the purpose of judging error in a biblical manner? The church is to be built on the foundation of Christ and the authority of His Word (Ephesians 2:20)—and that means believers should examine their own lives regularly and also lovingly challenge Christian brothers and sisters who are in error or commit sin. To do this, believers must be bold for Christ, but they also have to be humble, loving, and kind. We encourage you to keep these things in mind as you strive daily to maintain unity in the truth of Christ (John 17:20–26).  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Deb