Christianity -- Christian Living/Prayer VS Praise

Question
The fact is, NOBODY SUCCEEDS ALONE. Please, I need ya support! Suppose you are giving a topic in a debate which say, "prayer works faster thank praise" thus you wanna oppose. What are ya points?

Answer
All Experts Question
Your question:

My answer:
I'm guessing you intended to say "prayer works faster THAN praise" instead of "thank" praise.  So I am going to answer your question with that understanding.

It's hard to refute this statement because it is so ambiguous.  Prayer works faster than praise to do what?  It all depends on what the speaker means.  For instance...consider...prayer works faster than praise to get God to give me what I want. Or prayer works faster than praise to change my heart and make me more Christlike.  What is it that this statement is driving at?

I would say praise works faster to change the heart and life of a person.  This is because it forces a person to look at the good instead of the bad, and what God has done for them in Jesus Christ. It develops a thankful heart.  

Prayer is important, but if all one does is complain and cry out to God about their problems, then they are only focusing on what is wrong and if God doesn't see fit to answer according to their will, they will become discouraged and even depressed.

So if I had to refute the statement that prayer works faster than praise, that would be my answer according my interpretation of the statement.

I also had difficulty answering this question because we can't manipulate God to answer our prayers or perform in a certain way through prayer or praise.  He does all things according to His will.  We are told to bring our requests to Him but we are told that he will give us what we pray for if it is according to His will.

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: -
1 John 5:14

2 Chronicles 20:1-30 is a good example of prayer and praise used during a crises.
The Israelites were facing a big battle.  The first thing their leader did was pray to God appealing to His power and character.

verses 6-12
God responded to their prayer, assuring them that the battle wasn't their's and He gave them instructions for fighting the battle:

verse 17
1. set yourself
2. stand still
3. see the salvation of the Lord with you
The people responded with worship and praise.

These were further instructions God gave them:
v. 20 Believe in the Lord your God
v. 21 Praise the beauty of holiness
Then they sent in the choir ahead of the military, singing and praising God and the enemy was smitten.

Prayer and praise work together.  What do they work together to do?  They work to change US not God.  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Marsha I.