Christianity -- Christian Living/Inquiries about UMC

Question
What is the process for a Christian Pastor to get ministerial credential with UMC? I have been pastoring a Haitian church for 10 years and The Lord through  faith and prayer has just given me the opportunity to get   a D.Min. to better serve Him.

Thank you and God bless you.

Answer
Brenord,
   You will need to apply to an Annual Conference, usually through a District Superintendent.  You'll need to pass three classes at an approved seminary: United Methodist History, Doctrine, and Polity.  Presuming all goes well, you'll be accepted on Recognition of Orders, and enter the itinerant pastorate.  There might also be a candidacy stage, but that varies on a case by case basis.  I would recommend that you get in touch with a local UMC pastor.  They should have the most up to date information.  I hope this helps.

Respectfully,
Wayne Tucker

Christianity -- Christian Living

Wayne Tucker