Christianity -- Christian Living/Wrath of God

Hi John,

If your God, Yahweh, created a person to be physically unattractive to the point where he cannot find relationships even within the Christian Singles Group in his own church (also in addition to Christian online dating sites,  etc), would it be wrong to perceive Yahweh as having poured wrath upon him and acknowledge that He has chosen to enjoy subjecting him to the torment of diminishing self-worth?
Would Yahweh's decision to do this mean He already has an elect, a pre-decided population who will be His children and He weeds out hurting, oppressed souls He chose to see as repulsive by discouraging them from believing He ever loved them because of the painful circumstances He puts them through?

Thanks John, take care

Hello, Dee.

Actually, the curse of God is on everyone. This is the result of Adam's sin. When Adam sinned, the entire human race died (became separated from God). This is the reason why people struggle with illness, insecurities, physical and mental problems. Our bodies are cursed, and this will remain true until the last day. On the last day of this earth's history, God will give new spiritual bodies to those who whom He saved.

I don't know if you're truly unattractive (though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course) or if you simply have a problem with self-esteem. I have had problems with self-esteem myself, along with other issues which I doubt that you even have to think about.

What is seen on the outside is not what is important. True, this is probably not what you want to hear, but ultimately what is important is what our relationship to God is like. Are we saved? That is infinitely more important than what we see in the mirror. Consider the passage in Luke 16. The rich man had everything in this world, and Lazarus had nothing. Yet in a real sense, Lazarus had everything. When he died, he went to Heaven. The rich man went to Hell, and found himself in torment. So it's important to try to keep things in perspective, even though it can be difficult at times.

God does have an elect, which you hinted at. In Ephesians 1, this elect is spoken of. God elected certain people before the foundation of the world. This group will be saved at some point. The non-elect were bypassed, but they did not deserve salvation anyway, since nobody does. It's only the mercy of God that anyone does become saved. The environment for salvation is the hearing of the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

Job was a child of God, and yet he endured great hardship. Everyone has hardships. What is important is how we relate to God. Our relationship to God is eternal; this world and its concerns are temporal (II Corinthians 4:17-18).

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, please ask.

May God bless you,

II Chronicles 11:1: And when Rehoboam was come to Jerusalem, he gathered of the house of Judah and Benjamin an hundred and fourscore thousand chosen men, which were warriors, to fight against Israel, that he might bring the kingdom again to Rehoboam.  

Christianity -- Christian Living

John Zalewski

I can answer questions about Heaven and Hell, becoming a true believer (born again) and how to know if you are truly saved. As a Christian, it is my duty to help spread the Gospel. I can take a look at Bible verses if you like. It is in my best interest to eliminate any and all confusion about the Bible, so please do not hesitate to ask me whatever you like.

Born-again Christian; have studied the Bible for approximately five years.

The Holy Spirit is the teacher.