Christianity -- Christian Living/infidelity

Question
I love Jesus and know that I am saved and forgiven.  Eighteen months ago, I discovered that my husband had been unfaithful to me off and on for the past 14 years.  He have been in Christian counseling and marriage recovery ever since.  He is repentant of his actions and is committed to me and our marriage.  I find my emotional commitment to my marriage a major struggle and though I have forgiven him, as Jesus forgave me, I am haunted by images, triggers, and post traumatic pain that robs me of my joy.  We have been married for 35 years and I never thought at this stage of our lives, I'd have to face the possibility of divorce and being alone.  There are parts to his story that I have chosen not to know because the details are too painful.  However, I am wondering if my dreams of being alone and the oppressive pain I feel is an indicator that God wants me to move on?  We have 4 grandkids and I am retired.  I pray almost continuously for guidance and His voice to show me the way.  I feel alone in that my story has not been shared with family.  No one would imagine that we are living this nightmare.  My husband has been an example of a Godly man to those that know him.  His actions speak otherwise.  I know God loves him, but am I staying because I don't want to be alone or because I love him?  Can my emotions be based on the devil's desire to separate us from our marriage?

Answer
115pm wed 3/23
hi kay;

thanx for ur question;

I understand that your situation is difficult, painful.

maybe this is an opportunity in disguise.  

I too had a period of grief;
it led me to stop & think ....

The following 2 references were very helpful to me as I wondered, then studied and thought, then outgrew the deeply flawed "christian" scheme of beliefs:

Smith, George H: ATHEISM; THE CASE AGAINST GOD.
prometheus books, new york 14228-2197
copyright:1979; published: 1989
ISBN 0-87975-124-X
This book is what some consider to be the "bible" of atheism.
I can provide a 12-page summary of highlights/quotes selected by marc scharf, september, 2005.

Ingersoll, Robert G: THE WORKS OF ROBERT G INGERSOLL (in 12 volumes)
the Dresden Publishing Co, New York, 1903.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/38801/38801-h/38801-h.htm
     (checked ok 2014jan23)

If you read and consider these, you will be well on your way to a better understanding of the NONSENSE that infects a surprising number of people. (don’t worry about the “12 volumes;” only a fraction of his chapters apply to this problem)

ALL RELIGION IS RIDICULOUS, POISONOUS, FICTION THAT HAS DESTROYED COUNTLESS LIVES.
YOU CAN AVOID THE PITFALLS, IF YOU SHIFT YOUR BELIEFS AWAY FROM THE FICTION, AND TO THE FACTS!

I am interested in your intellectual progress, if you care to reply.

good luck,
marc scharf
marcscharf@att.net
817-879-4953
arlington, texas, 76017

Christianity -- Christian Living

Marc Scharf