Christianity -- Christian Living/Proper Way to Glorify God

Question
Hey Deb,

Hope you are doing well. I read from different sources that the whole reason humans were created was to glorify God.

I don't know if you can relate, but wanting a spouse for the longest time when a lot of other children of God have been blessed with a spouse is very discouraging. If the goal is to glorify God, would the correct way to glorify God in this situation is to worship God for how He blessed others with a spouse and not me? It might sound borderline negative, but would that please God? It seems that it might imply that God could be partial or biased towards a certain group of people, but this is the only logic I could get from this situation.

It says in the Bible, "Whether you eat or drink, do it for the glory of God." I do eat and drink with the acknowledgement that it's God who provides out of His grace and love. But what about being born a certain way, or in a way that makes it a lot more difficult to find a spouse? What would be the way to glorify God through this? If God is pleased by one's misery, would simply being miserable please God if He has a sadistic side where He can notice someone is miserable because He's blessed one group and withheld the same blessing from the other?

Thanks for your time, take care Deb.

Answer
jeremiah 29;11
jeremiah 29;11  
But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin (Romans 14:23).Be prayerfully dependent upon God, pouring contempt on self-sufficiency.

Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 4:17)

Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain (Psalms 127:1).(Proverbs 24:27).Rest in your justification by faith alone in Christ alone.everyday read jeremah 29;11  Ask others to pray with you and for you. ... Are you praying for your soul mate but not asking God to open your heart, mind and eyes; be a model of grace and patience, trusting God every step of the way. The beautiful truth was that the waiting had everything to do with my heavenly Father's love for me. The apostle Paul in Romans 11:33 says the wisdom, knowledge, and ways of God are unsearchable and inscrutable. In other words, He is so great, and we are so small, we can't fully understand all He is doing.Yet despite the mystery of God's plans for me, one thing was always certain,

"As high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him" (Ps. 103:11).The eyes of my heart couldn't see that nothing came my way (or didnít come my way!) without passing through the filter of my Father's love. My desire for intimacy, connection, and security trumped my faith in God's love. But, in reality He did hear my cries, and He was for me! (Ps. 56:8Ė9)God graciously gives you all things that you need in Jesus.If you are Godís child then this grace is for you, too. You may never know why He is delaying marriage. But, rest assuredóeven if you never marryóHe is not withholding something that would be best for you! He didn't even spare His own Son to save your soul; and He graciously gives you all things that you need in Jesus (Rom. 8:32). Are you wrestling to believe God's love for you in your singleness?God wouldnít give you a desire and then not fulfill it. That would be cruel and God is a God of LOVE, not cruelty. If He gives you the desire to be married, then Heíll send your husband to you. However, itís very important to understand that disobedience holds up blessings. Sometimes people who desire to be married are still single because they havenít done what God has instructed them to do. However, having unfulfilled desires (that are holy) isnít what God wants for your life.So, if itís your desire to one day marry, be obedient and bring your petition before God and in His timing, Heíll make it happen! Also, donít allow the enemy to put faulty thoughts into your mind. If Satan sees that this is a concern of yours, then heíll try to convince you that youíll never get married. But Iíll leave you with this:

Donít worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience Godís peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).if the hearts of both are turned to God, God will bring the two together in holy matrimony.In my own life, I tied the knot 7 years after I first started praying for my future spouse. Those were years of waiting, praying, dating and looking forward to God's plan. And of course there were doubts and times of discouragement along the way. So for me, the journey began 30 years ago. How about you? Where are you in the process? Have you started to sense that longing to find a soul mate? I can vaguely remember that feeling of wonder and expectation as I waited upon the Lord. But I also remember reading something very helpful which was given to me by a friend. It basically said that the Lord wanted me to learn to rely upon Him and love Him before I would be ready to fully love a soul mate. That perspective became a large part of my thought process and my prayers during those years.If you will love Jesus, you will be amazed at how things will fall into place. That's not to say there won't be any surprises along the way. But it is to say that you will be on track with your Lord, and He knows exactly where to lead you to fulfill the desires of your heart. Not only that, but you will find the desires of your heart aligning with His will as you learn to trust Him, love Him, and follow Him.Stop and think about it for a second. When God created you, He gave you that desire for a soul mate, right? So of course He is interested in helping you fulfill that important part of your life and future. Marriage was God's idea and it is very good. whether you remain single or get married, your life on earth is going to have some messy situations. This will include some disappointment, heartache, unfulfilled longings, and missed opportunities. So you might as well go for whatever it is you believe God wants to do in your life.

Here's the deal. Jesus loves you, and He knows you need His love and forgiveness. You may or may not know that right now. But I assure you that you need Him. And you will find deeper satisfaction in your soul through a relationship with Christ than you will in any other pursuit. Once you meet Him and begin getting to know Him, you will really start to feel comfortable in the relationship. But like any meaningful relationship, it requires work, time, effort, patience and persistence. It's that way in marriage, and it's that way in matters of faith as well.

"So who am I going to marry?" Love Jesus and you will find out. "How will I know when I find the right one?" Love Jesus and you will see. "I don't like feeling lonely." Love Jesus and He will bring you peace. "But even after knowing Jesus, I am still lonely for a soul mate." He knows that and He cares about it. Wait upon Him. Pray often. And ask the

Lord to meet that need in your life with either a soul mate, or a deep measure of peace to sustain you in the midst of your waiting, longing and praying. He will do it. And in the process, your relationship with Him will go deeper than you have ever experienced.

It might also help to stop and think about why God created you in the first place. Finding your soul mate is not the primary reason you were created. The main reason is even better because it involves a loving relationship with your Creator. The whole soul mate thing is just a bonus. But the first priority is that you grow close to the Lord.

So it comes back to this point: Love Jesus. By doing that, you end up way ahead and you reach goals you didn't even know could be reached back when you were trying to solve the marriage thing all by yourself. And while it's not easy to find "a good catch," it does still happen today. In fact, it happens a lot. But you would be wise to ask the Lord to guide your "search process." Enlist His services. Consider "His company" to be the one that "finds the talent" for this "position." After all, you want someone who is a wonderful fit and a tremendous life partner. And who knows better how to "fit the bill" than God?  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Deb