Christianity -- Christian Living/Prince and the JW's

Question
I understand that the late Prince was a JW. I would have thought that a true JW would avoid being famous in the world and "sell all they have" to follow Jehovah. Was he a true practicing JW.?

Answer
Prince was formerly a member of the SDA, and both organizations had their origin in the Millerite movement in the mid 1800's.

It is not uncommon for members of cults to leave one and enter another. Why he did this, I do not know, nor do I know if he was considered a "true" practicing member of the JW's. What I do know is that if you ware wealthy, and giving money, they are not all that concerned with what you "do" in relation to the organization. You get a pass on a lot of things that the average minion does not get.

Bill Hohmann

Christianity -- Christian Living

Bill Hohmann