Christianity -- Christian Living/Mormonism

Question
When someone joins the Mormons is that person suppose to start  gradually cutting of family ties with the immediate family that is not Mormon? I have a sister who 3 years ago joined the Mormons and no longer attends our family social events>

Answer
I cannot speak specifically regarding the Mormon church. Cults in general do try and isolate new members in order to limit any outside influences.

If you want more information on how to combat the cult influence, Steven Hassan has written books on the Subject, such as "Releasing the Bonds".

Bill Hohmann

Christianity -- Christian Living

Bill Hohmann