Christianity -- Christian Living/dream explanation

Question
i had a strange dream,i was travelling with my boy friend with his bakkie and what i noticed is that we are travelling in a dangerous place. suddenly i was in a green forest and when i claim on top of mountain i see a black cobra snake i was afraid and it run away

Answer
Hi Nomvula,
Thank you for the opportunity to try and answer your question.  I wish I had a more satisfactory answer for you.  I have not been gifted with the ability to interpret dreams and therefore anything I might tell you would not be the truth you desire.  Only God gives interpretations of dreams through those He gifts that way and in some cultures those individuals gifted by the Holy Spirit to interpret dreams are more commonly encountered.

For me, I read passages like Joseph being an interpreter of dreams with the two men in prison with him:    Genesis 40:7 So Joseph asked Pharaoh's officials who were in custody with him in his master's house, "Why are your faces so sad today?" 8 "We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them." Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams."
Joseph was given the ability to interpret dreams because it would lift Joseph up in the plan of God.

And then there's Daniel:   Daniel 2:17 Then Daniel returned to his house and explained the matter to his friends Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. 18 He urged them to plead for mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that he and his friends might not be executed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. 19 During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven 20 and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. 21 He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. 22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. 23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king." 24 Then Daniel went to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to execute the wise men of Babylon, and said to him, "Do not execute the wise men of Babylon. Take me to the king, and I will interpret his dream for him." 25 Arioch took Daniel to the king at once and said, "I have found a man among the exiles from Judah who can tell the king what his dream means." 26 The king asked Daniel (also called Belteshazzar), "Are you able to tell me what I saw in my dream and interpret it?" 27 Daniel replied, "No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, 28 but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come. Your dream and the visions that passed through your mind as you lay on your bed are these: 29 "As you were lying there, O king, your mind turned to things to come, and the revealer of mysteries showed you what is going to happen. 30 As for me, this mystery has been revealed to me, not because I have greater wisdom than other living men, but so that you, O king, may know the interpretation and that you may understand what went through your mind."

In both of these cases, the dreams and visions were designed to advance the Kingdom.  That said, if you are a believer upon the Name of Jesus and have trusted Him for your salvation, you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in your heart.  His job description is this:

John 16: 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you."

In other words, ask the Holy Spirit to make the dream known to you.  He's more likely to reveal it to you than someone He's gifted for teaching and evangelism.  I'd rather see you pray about it and hear from God directly than to even seek out someone at your church who interprets dreams.  If God wants that way for you to know your dream's meaning, the person will not need you to ask him or her.  God will make it known to them.

Sometimes dreams mean things and sometimes, they're just dreams.  Sorry I can't be of more help to you other than to teach about what dream interpretation is, but I hope you will find comfort in asking the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you.

Blessings always,
Barbara

Christianity -- Christian Living

Barbara Shafer