Christianity -- Christian Living/forgivenss

Hi Mel ang Guyna, I   received your message about your internet connection being down, and hope all is fixed now. I am still hoping to hear from you regarding my last, and very long, communication regarding my son and daughter-in-law and their refusal to forgive unless certain conditions are met....conditions I cannot meet and remain in God's will. God has given me certain scriptures that pretty much say what I needed to hear-and KNOW- but still want your Biblical insight.

Hopefully you will forgive the delay in responding to you.  Life doesn't always go the way one expects.

I hope by relating the following story it will help you in some way.

We know someone that believed whole heartedly in God and His promises.  This man had three very young children and a wife.  He was an exceptionally kind man and loved his family very much. He was never abusive, either verbally or physically and was an excellent provider for his young family.  Unknown to the man, his wife began having mental problems.  She hid her problems from her husband and the rest of her family for quite a while.
One day, without any warning, he come home from work to find that his wife had taken their three children and disappeared.  To make a very long story shorter, the man was devastated.  He search for a long time trying to find his family, praying the entire time that God would lead him to find his family.  The man was finally forced to give up his search and for the next two years he worked a very dangerous job not caring whether he lived or died. But God kept working with this man and helping him to slowly understand that he needed to live, learn and to go on with his life.  The man came to understand that he was just going to have to wait until Christ returned to see his children again. Once he accepted this, his life improved greatly.
A few years later the man met a woman and her very young son. They fell in love and were married.  The man never forgot his first three children, but he loved his new fourth son and considered him his own son as well.
The man realized that by leaving what he could not fix behind, forgiving and living his life by following Christ's example that God could heal even a “broken heart”.

We have a good relationship with both of our sons and their wives so I can only imagine what you are going through.  Mel and I have learned that no matter how difficult the problems, that if we set the right example for others by putting God first and following Christ’s example of living God’s way of life that we will have peace in our own lives.  Allowing hate and discord to rule one’s life never brings true peace.  And trying to change a hate filled mind is generally futile.

“Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.”  Proverbs 9:8

The following verse is actually referring to money but it applies to anything that an individual puts before God.

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”  Matthew 6:24
It appears, from what you have written, that you have chosen to put God first in your life.  Good for you!!  This doesn’t mean that you ever have to stop asking God to protect your family even if they are refusing to be reasonable or to change.

Rhonda, mankind’s rule of this world is rapidly coming to an end.  The world is facing some very difficult years but we can have hope because we know that in difficult times people, especially people in this country, tend to turn to God for help.  

“After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”….. Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?” And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.  Revelation 7:9-14

We can always have hope that those that are filled with anger and hate now will learn during the tribulation ahead that God’s way of life is the only Way to true peace and happiness.  And those of us that choose to live God’s way of life now will be able to help others, including family members, when Christ sets up God’s kingdom here on earth.

“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.”  Hebrews 12:28

“Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?”  James 2:5

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.    And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.”  Revelation 21:2-3

If our understanding of the measurements is correct this city will be approximately the size of the continental United States.

“The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.”  Revelation 21:16-17
Those of us that live God’s way of life now and the great multitude that choose God’s way during the tribulation will have a great deal to look forward to as well.  We pray that family and friends that reject God’s way of life now will come to understand that there is a much better way to live in the future.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”  Matthew 7:13-14

Please do not give up and lose hope.   You are choosing to live God’s way of life now and God understands that you are choosing to put Him first.

Thank you so much for your patience.  As always, please feel free to write at any time.  Will endeavor to more prompt next time.

Note: In case you were unaware, there are organizations that assist Grandparents that want to have continued contact with their grandchildren.  If there are legitimate concerns about the child’s safety, health and living conditions this might be something you want to consider. Your state’s child protective services can help as will.  Sadly, sexual orientation of the child’s parent(s)  is not basis for questioning a child’s welfare.  If you need help with this aspect please let us know.
Again, thank you for your question and your patience,
The Hornes

Christianity -- Christian Living

Mel and Guyna Horne

Anyone can read the Bible but sometimes it helps to have someone assist with the understanding (Acts 8:26-40). Truth comes from God through his holy spirit of truth (Jn. 16:13, 1Cor. 2:12), which is available to anyone who believes, repents and seeks God fervently and wholeheartedly, with humility, faith and persistence (Mat. 7:7, Deu. 4:29, Isa. 66:2, Jas. 4:1-10, Phil. 2:12). Truth is not limited to, or by, man’s religious organizations, church traditions, popular beliefs or personal opinions (Jn. 8:32, 14:6). We will try to help anyone who is trying to understand scripture or Christian living. [Please, no homework questions.]

Over 50 years of personal study of the entire Bible (Deu. 8:3, Mat. 4:4, 2Tim. 3:16, Deu. 4:12, Rev. 22:18). B.A. in Theology with continuing studies in religious history and education (2Tim 2:15, 1Ths. 5:21). Years of informal counseling of young adults, teens, couples, and prisoners, based on scripture and on actual life experience in the world outside of classrooms and church buildings and including a long and happy marriage. After years with religious organizations, we are Non-denominational. Publications:;,books on God's Holy Days, Lying, the Sacred Names Doctrine; articles on Terrorism and Islam, the Gospel of Christ, Preparing Yourself for Life in the Kingdom of Christ; What Happens After Death.

Organizations are of men, not God. While God may use some of them to facilitate his plan, organizations train their people to follow, not to lead. God was able to create the whole Creation, as we see it, in only six days, because he did not use a committee. Ten years after 9/11, the only thing approved for construction at the New York site was a mosque. We are not affiliated with any denominational or institutional organization. We are members of the body of Christ (Rom. 12:5).

"If a man would teach others, he must first teach himself." - Source Unknown. B.A. in Theology, over 50 years of personal study, the last 12 of which have been full time study and research resulting in publication of several books and many articles.