Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert John Gump

SubjectDate Asked
Scrupulosity6/11/2014
  Q: I have some questions about Christianity, while being someone who struggles with Scrupulosity. If ...
  A: I'm sorry you're struggling with scrupulosity, certainly a condition that can be challenging to ...
Deacon11/26/2013
  Q: I have two questions for you.. 1. Can a man be a deacon if he never marry? 2. Is Apostle Paul a ...
  A: On your first question, in 1 Timothy, Paul does provide "qualifications" for a deacon, and the ...
questions about forgiveness6/27/2013
  Q: Can we out sin God? Are all sins forgivable? I know 1 John 1:9 says he cleanses us from ALL ...
  A: My apologies for taking a while to reply, it's been a busy couple weeks leading up to the holiday ...
Judaism and marriage12/9/2012
  Q: Mr. Gump, I loved your answer on salvation, so here goes a few more: I see you have studied Judaism. ...
  A: Great questions! As for why Jews do not accept Jesus as Messiah, well that's a huge question with a ...
Seperation12/2/2012
  Q: I have been married for just over two years now and my husband decided he wanted a separation four ...
  A: I'm very sorry you're going through these troubling times. While I didn't read a specific question ...
salvation12/1/2012
  Q: One of your expertise areas: being a christ follower versus being just a believer. Can you elaborate ...
  A: Sorry for a little delay, been on the road this week. The difference is that it's one thing to ...
what is your opinion on this4/21/2012
  Q: Im not sure if its biblical. its a article on blasphemy of the holy spirit.. ...
  A: Ryan - sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Work has been nuts. I skimmed the article and ...
Isaiah 532/6/2012
  Q: John: I know that Isaiah 53 is a prophecy of the Messiah; Jesus Christ. I recently have heard ...
  A: My apologies for such a late reply. That passage is one of so many that predict the coming of Jesus. ...
Thanks giving for Unsaved1/29/2012
  Q: It is common among Christians to conduct Thanks-giving services for the loved ones departed with the ...
  A: It would seem silly to hold such services if indeed the person was not saved. However, NO ONE can ...
Church difficult situations12/14/2011
  Q: Few of us "Born Again" Christians in the local church are reluctant to accept Communion from the ...
  A: My apologizes for a delay in responding. I'm very sorry to hear about the problems with your ...
Do I really believe?8/19/2011
  Q: Well, to start this out...I'll give a short backstory before I get onto this question. I was born ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through and unfortunately this is probably not the best ...
Romans 118/16/2011
  Q: John: Can you tell me your understanding of Romans 11 where Paul said... "if God did not spare the ...
  A: I apologize for a slow reply, work has been busy! This passage primarily is speaking about the Jews ...
Act of Holy Spirit today7/13/2011
  Q: How do you explain the absence of gifted people like Peter so described in Acts 5:15 &16?
  A: I was on vacation. As for why there aren't more "Peters" around today, I don't think anyone can ...
Bride of Christ6/26/2011
  Q: Which is bride the of Christ, The new Testament Church or the New Jerusalem?
  A: The bride of Christ is very simply put as all those people who have genuinely in their heart ...
FALSE TESTIMONIES6/12/2011
  Q: It is seen as a common practice many Christians testify & praise God amidst gatherings For ...
  A: It is true that there are many "false" Christians out there who, on the surface, look and sound like ...
Origin of the Bible as written by man.6/6/2011
  Q: Good day to you !! How can I better explain to my daughter that the Bible really is Of God's word, ...
  A: my sincere apologies for such a lengthy delay in responding to you. It's been quite a busy week for ...
the Torah6/3/2011
  Q: Why do Christians have a negative view of the Torah? I read an article by a Christian writer who ...
  A: Unfortunately some Christians do have this view, but in my experience most do not and I wouldn't ...
help me plz4/21/2011
  Q: This is not a scam this is a lost soul asking for your help, i've reached out to you wihtout the ...
  A: Jake - thanks for your question and sorry for a late reply. You've said a lot in your question and ...
Christlikeness!1/22/2011
  Q: Mr Gump, I notice you use the term " Christ follower!" Isn't the mandate of God, for believers to ...
  A: You are indeed correct that we are to emulate Jesus as much as possible with the help of the Holy ...
Guidace in supporting Christian Charity1/11/2011
  Q: "I watch a lot of TV ministries which claim to support needy in various places such as Haiti, ...
  A: I'll tell ya, there are unfortunately lots of "charities" out there claiming great accomplishments. ...
Assurance of Salvation1/3/2011
  Q: I was wondering how I can know for sure that I am saved? I am 21 years old and althought I was ...
  A: I hope I can help give you some peace by reminding you of what Jesus teaches us in the Bible. His ...
I need major help, please!1/1/2011
  Q: I have some major problems concerning about myself. There are six questions that I must ask you: 1. ...
  A: I'll do my best to help you through this and will start out by giving you direct answers to your ...
Hating God12/30/2010
  Q: For the longest time i was a sunday school teacher. Until i started looking at my life and ...
  A: the holidays were some much needed downtime for me. Thanks for your question. I'm hoping I'll be ...
Pastor Bitterness11/23/2010
  Q: I've been going to the same church for the past 8 years. When I first came, I was a brand new ...
  A: My apologies in getting back to you late, I had a busy Thanksgiving week. Your situation, ...
Holy Spirit11/16/2010
  Q: I struggle with understanding the power of the Spirit. If we need to fight temptations, how does the ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with addiction. My two step children are recovering drug ...
HOUSEKEEPERS/HELP/AIDS8/30/2010
  Q: i committed my life to the Lord some 8 months ago and what a wonderful mo in my life. being full ...
  A: I'm very sorry to hear of your situation with the workload and the problems with your housekeepers. ...
Question7/31/2010
  Q: I have a question. Okay so I feel like a bad person and don't know what to do. Im 21 and it ...
  A: What you're describing is completely normal. You're young and have certain likes and dislikes, as ...
"True" salvation6/3/2010
  Q: I recently listened to a sermon from a local Pastor that I respect; however he made a statement ...
  A: Don't let your heart be troubled... your understanding of "true" salvation is spot on. It's ALL ...
Roman Catholicism6/2/2010
  Q: I'm currently doing an assignment for school on Bioethics and Religion. Could you please provide me ...
  A: While I'm not a Catholic, the subject of abortion and euthanasia both fall into the same category, ...
Martyrdom?5/28/2010
  Q: Somebody told me you can only be a real Christian if you are killed or tortured in the name of ...
  A: I'm not sure who would tell you such lies, but this is abolutely untrue. Jesus was our one and only ...
It hurts4/28/2010
  Q: Sir, I am totally crushed in spirit. I was in a relationship with a girl for 1 year. I loved her ...
  A: I've been traveling. I'm very sorry to hear of your pain, I know how much broken relationships can ...
Fear of Hell3/24/2010
  Q: My name is John and I became a Christian almost 20 years ago. In my walk with God, I sometimes doubt ...
  A: John - thanks for your question. My apologies for getting back to you late. My travel schedule has ...
Broken Relationship HELP please3/7/2010
  Q: 2 years ago September times i met a girl, we started dating eachover and subsequently fell in love ...
  A: Samson - thanks for your question, my heart does go out to you. It's a tough situation you're in ...
Spiritual warfare and christianity2/26/2010
  Q: My question is...Can a Christian come under spiritual oppression from demonic forces and possession? ...
  A: but I'm about to leave to fly back home so rather than let you hang for days, let me just reassure ...
God and Jesus1/26/2010
  Q: Since Jesus is God in human flesh, live without sin, isn't our sins place on Him after he baptize? I ...
  A: Yes, Jesus is fully God and was fully human when he was here on earth 2000 years ago. Because of ...
Perception12/21/2009
  Q: I know about "don't be a stumbling block" (1Cor 8:??), but are there other verses the talk about how ...
  A: I think what you're asking is where else in the bible do we read about being stumbling block to ...
Jesus11/9/2009
  Q: If Jesus was born jewish, why did he convert/preach Christianity? What does it mean that Jesus ...
  A: Jesus is God revealed in human form. While here on the earth, he was both fully man AND fully God. ...
Understanding the trinity11/8/2009
  Q: Ok, I believe in the Father, Son, Holy Spirit as one God, but I still have a hard time understanding ...
  A: There's a lot here, so let me try to briefly address each question you asked, and then we can dive ...
Christianity and Yoga10/29/2009
  Q: I have heard some Christian preacher argue that the practice of such activities like yoga, ...
  A: My apologies for a slight delay in getting your question. You know, alot of people get caught up in ...
born-again/witnessing10/24/2009
  Q: Hey I have actually 2 questions, hopefully you can answer both as they are pretty close to each ...
  A: I'll try to give you a pretty succinct answer to help ease your mind and heart and we can explore ...
Meaning of this verse10/7/2009
  Q: Song of Solomon Chapter 2 Verse 3 Can you tell me what this verse means
  A: The Song of Solomon is really a poetic song for two lovers, King Solomon and the Shulamite. The ...
Heirs8/17/2009
  Q: Can you please let me know what is 'heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,' Romans 8:17. What do we ...
  A: What Paul is referring to here is that as children of God, (those who are true Christ followers ...
Where do you draw the line?8/13/2009
  Q: I have a question. My wife is on a "prayer chain" which I think is great. You don't see many of ...
  A: my apologies for such a delay in responding to you. Been traveling for work and wasn't in front of ...
Salvation.7/16/2009
  Q: Another question,if a person backslides,does that mean that they are no longer saved? ANSWER: ...
  A: I guess I assumed you knew you since you asked me about it previously, but in essence its when you ...
Divorce7/10/2009
  Q: I have been married for 22 yrs and have three children 20, 18,14. My husband has had multiple ...
  A: It's very painful, my wife was in a similar situation about 13 years ago with her ex-husband who was ...
moderation6/5/2009
  Q: pls, what do you know about moderation in christian living.
  A: I've been very busy at work. You ask a pretty open ended question about moderation, so let me ...
Christian beliefs conflicting with Buddhist Beliefs5/27/2009
  Q: Here's my situation: I am a fully committed and devoted Christian.My walk with God is good and I was ...
  A: You are in a tough situation given the buddhist family you are in. While I'm certainly delighted to ...
Trinity5/24/2009
  Q: If the trinity is so important, why did the Messiah not mention it or teach it to His chosen ...
  A: I must apologize for a late reply I've been out of town. The trinity always raises a lot of ...
Hey4/27/2009
  Q: I just have a question on possibly your opinion on something??? I am dating someone for about a year ...
  A: work's been very busy. Sounds like you really him and want him to know you are supporting him, but ...
Recommendations about eastern mysticism?4/26/2009
  Q: John: I'd very much like it if you could tell me about some good Christian authors who teach how ...
  A: Let me start out by saying that there are SO many forms of "religion" out there that purport to be ...
Born again twice4/22/2009
  Q: This question is very troubling to me and ultimately it can only be answered by Jesus when I am done ...
  A: I'll do my best to see if we can clear this up for you. It's not as confusing as it may seem. You ...
Obedience to the Law3/13/2009
  Q: Its common for Christian scholars to say that we are no longer under Mosaic law because many New ...
  A: Frank -my sincere apologies for being so late in replying to you. Work's been crazy. I will give ...
When does marriage begin?2/27/2009
  Q: I have been struggling with the question of when God begins to recognize marriage. I have asked four ...
  A: Greg - my apologies for getting back with you so late. Been a busy week for me. I believe that ...
Homosexuality1/26/2009
  Q: Feel very much attracted to the gender of the same sex. When it comes to a homosexual ...
  A: The biblical view (and therefore God's) of homosexuality is that it is wrong, period. God created ...
Some Christian Apologetics1/21/2009
  Q: I have some questions that I am hoping you can help me with. My brother lives in the midwest in a ...
  A: You're encountering what is no doubt a feeling of loss, puzzlement, and even frustration at times ...
How did it all start1/16/2009
  Q: I'm a young christian who is really into the knowledge of understanding the secrets and the ...
  A: You know, these two subjects, slavery and adultery, are just two of the many areas people have ...
Atonement11/8/2008
  Q: I believe I've acquired a God-given understanding of man, his shortcomings, and how he was cobbled ...
  A: Your question ultimately requires us to establish a point of reference regarding one's faith. I ...
Am I still a straight person or not?11/8/2008
  Q: I'm 13.I'm a girl.The thought of girls licking me turns me on.I probably won't try it because I ...
  A: Corrina - you've sent this question to a number of us this past week and I believe the answers ...
Living Conditions10/27/2008
  Q: I have a current situation with my girlfriend of 4-5 yrs. Right now I am currently away from ...
  A: You raise a question that so many people raise all the time and it's one that deserves repeated ...
hipothetically speaking10/12/2008
  Q: If Jesus were to arrive for the first time today, how would we react to this man and would he have ...
  A: I agree with Philip completely. I might also add that while we're 2000 years after Jesus did come ...
Lutheran vs Orthodoxy10/7/2008
  Q: My husband recently converted to Greek Orthodoxy. He sent our dauther to a very religious summer ...
  A: I confess I'm not an expert in Eastern Orthodoxy (Greek, Russian, etc.), however I can give you some ...
OUTREACH WORKERS10/3/2008
  Q: WHAT IS THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY OF AN OUTREACH WORKER? WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS OF AN ...
  A: The topic of Outreach Worker is a broad category as there are many areas in which outreach workers ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

John Gump

Top Expert on this page