Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Ryan Parish

SubjectDate Asked
Follow up1/10/2016
  Q: Sorry, maybe I wasn't very clear with my first question. What really concerns and worrys me is why ...
  A: Lisa, again, please forgive my delay. In driving across the country, my schedule and Internet ...
Not sure what subject1/7/2016
  Q: I am a woman. I like to look at pictures of naked women( breasts) and I like to watch videos of ...
  A: Lisa, Please forgive me for taking so long to answer you. The terms "lesbian" and homosexual are ...
Avoiding Sex With A Psychic Medium7/18/2015
  Q: I'm dating a girl that's a psychic medium and she wants to have sex with me. The problems is I'm ...
  A: Jay, I can address your ultimate concern by answering a different question than the one you've ...
What is the biblical way to handle my relationship?10/7/2014
  Q: Parish, I hope that you can help to advise me with my relationship. I started dating a woman named ...
  A: Ryan, thank you for your question and for providing a good amount of context for the question. I ...
Is he still a good Godly man for a Christian woman?9/16/2014
  Q: Parish, Thank you so much for offering your free and wise advice here on AllExperts. My name is ...
  A: Nina. Thank you for your questions, and I do hope that I can be of some help to you in making a ...
Dating6/28/2014
  Q: I need dating advice and I am unsure where else to turn. I am a single 32 year old woman and he is ...
  A: Autumn, First of all, I applaud you for the way you have approached your relationship. Group ...
Scrupulosity6/11/2014
  Q: I have some questions about Christianity, while being someone who struggles with Scrupulosity. If ...
  A: Kylie. I'm glad you're seeking clarity about these things. They are incredibly important. I would ...
God??2/5/2014
  Q: Sir, how do I know if God has spoken to me. Months ago when I was a deist I fell into a situation ...
  A: Raul, Thank you for your question. I am delighted to find out that you have come to embrace the ...
marriage12/22/2013
  Q: my wife and I are heterosexual. we were married by a lesbian. would god consider this valid
  A: John. Thanks for your question. You were quick and to the point, so I shall be as well :) You ...
How to correct when people make assumptions.11/23/2013
  Q: I have been a Christian for a few years now and I am in college. For reference, I am in my mid ...
  A: Katie, thanks for your question. I understand your preference for privacy as well as your desire to ...
Keeping Faith in God's Answers11/12/2013
  Q: Ryan, I'm 35 and have a "friend" at work, who I've wanted to date. Since we work together, I backed ...
  A: Glenn, Thanks for your question. I know that romantic love and partnership is a tremendously ...
CONFUSED1/4/2013
  Q: I just recently watched a video stating that Christians and ONLY Christians will go to heaven. I was ...
  A: Nick, Thanks for your question. I think I can help. The statement made in the video is a correct ...
My roommate is too physical around me with her boyfriend.11/14/2012
  Q: I want to begin by thanking you for your time and how you are helping others. I am 21, in college, ...
  A: Katherine, Thanks for your questions. Let me address the one about how you should go about talking ...
how to savd my friend10/26/2012
  Q: Praise the lord. My friend was from christian family . Up to certain age he use to belive in jesus ...
  A: Chandu, I am very sorry to hear about this. I have known the pain of losing a friend to sin in this ...
Relationships9/29/2012
  Q: I broke up with my boyfriend tonight. I knew he wasn't a Christian and it really started to weigh on ...
  A: Shanaya, thank you for your question and for sharing your story. First of all, I applaud your ...
dilema7/22/2012
  Q: I am a christian & iam in a relationship wth a christian guy & we have been staying together for 2 ...
  A: Lisa, thanks for your question. It is a very important one, and I will treat it as such. As you ...
Saving faith6/18/2012
  Q: Many thanks for your service here, a real blessing! My question is regarding saving faith vs. ...
  A: Frank, thanks for your question. It is an important one. To begin in answering, I'd like to ...
the unpardonable sin3/7/2012
  Q: I'm a bit confused. Is it considered blasphemy against the holy spirit if you say someone operates ...
  A: Ryan, The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that Jesus taught about is not something that someone ...
About criminal accepted God2/7/2012
  Q: 1 of the 2 criminals crucified with Jesus believed in God after being together being in the process ...
  A: Nihal, it is very difficult - perhaps impossible - to know this with certainty. Our study of ...
Rude coworker1/31/2012
  Q: I would like some Christian advice on how to deal with a rude coworker. I recently started a new job ...
  A: Jen, thanks for your question. First of all, please forgive me for the delay in my response to ...
Rapture Ready?1/21/2012
  Q: Is that true that in USA always steps are taken to engage one non Christian as a Pilot in airlines ...
  A: Nihal, hello and thank you for your question. No, this claim is not true. It would be wonderful to ...
Another Pilgrim's Progress Question1/5/2012
  Q: Perish, I have another question concerning Pilgrim's Progress - this time is involves the ...
  A: Tressa, Bunyan's point in this part of the narrative is to challenge those who think that because ...
The Bible and Pilgram's Progress12/23/2011
  Q: This question might be a bit unusual, but I hope you will be willing to give it a shot. Have you ...
  A: Tressa, thanks for your patience and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! The theme of this ...
Worshipping12/14/2011
  Q: Few of us "Born Again" Christians in the local church are reluctant to accept Communion from the ...
  A: Nihal, thank you for your question. I am sorry to learn of the sad state of things in your church. ...
masturbaiting12/9/2011
  Q: I'm trying to stop masturbating and become a Christian but this is the hardest thing I've ever tried ...
  A: Elijah, I understand your struggle with this behavior because it is one that has become a habit for ...
Question on Dating11/30/2011
  Q: I have this friend who is in a relationship with this wonderful guy... He is caring, attentive to ...
  A: Priscilla, thanks for your patience. Your desire and your friend's desire to be in the perfect will ...
marriage11/11/2011
  Q: can a couple who have been married and divorce get married again only just moraliy not legally.
  A: Suzanne, thanks for your question. The Lord Jesus was clear on this particular issue in his ...
Confused10/17/2011
  Q: I have a problem with my daughter Katherine and I hope you can help me. My husband and I raised are ...
  A: Dianne, This is a very troubling situation, but you are exactly right that you need to make her ...
Act of Holy Spirit today7/13/2011
  Q: How do you explain the absence of gifted people like Peter so described in Acts 5:15 &16?
  A: Nihal, there are some layers to this answer, so I'll try to deal with your questions with the depth ...
Born Again6/28/2011
  Q: Can a person be "Born Again" more than once?
  A: Nihal, thanks for your question. To answer your question simply: No, we are born again once. There ...
FALSE TESTIMONIES6/12/2011
  Q: It is seen as a common practice many Christians testify & praise God amidst gatherings – For ...
  A: Niahl, thanks for your questions. If there are those in the gathering of saints who put on an act ...
relationships and religion5/10/2011
  Q: I have (had) a boyfriend that is extremely religious. He is a lay reader, youth representative for ...
  A: Crystal, thanks for your question. I think it would help me offer a better answer if I knew a bit ...
Job/Music?4/6/2011
  Q: Hey Ryan, Can you help me decide what is appropriate work for a young man to do? I'll try to be ...
  A: Robert, thanks for your heartfelt question. It is exciting and refreshing to read about your heart ...
Religion and relationship3/18/2011
  Q: I am an 18 year old girl from Singapore. I've been a christian (anglican) since a young child and I ...
  A: Joey, thank you for your question. I apologize for the delay in my answer; weekends are my busiest ...
Question about Christian comics3/10/2011
  Q: Nice to meet another Born-Again Christian. I have a question and I'm hoping you could help-I ...
  A: Jason, thanks for your question! First of all, I applaud you for your desire to use your talents to ...
tattoo2/28/2011
  Q: Pastor Parish, I just read your answer regarding the high school girl who wanted the tattoo. It ...
  A: Sonea, thanks for your question. First of all, let me express my joy in reading about your new ...
christian dating2/27/2011
  Q: This question isn't exactly Bible-related as I'm not seeking answers about God's Word, but I am a ...
  A: Jen, thanks for you question. I can understand your situation because my wife and I had a similar ...
Christian parents not supporting marriage in a case of unwanted pregnancy.2/25/2011
  Q: Mr. Parish, My eighteen year old nephew recently found out his ex girlfriend is pregnant with his ...
  A: Priscilla, thank you for your question. This is truly a difficult situation, and I'm sure there is ...
Youth and dressing2/2/2011
  Q: If you had to dicuss dreesing with christain youths what are the main issues that you would ...
  A: Gladys, thank you for your question. Ultimately, the issue with this and any other topic of ...
Water? H20 or ..........1/23/2011
  Q: Mr Parish, In your answer to the question posed on " water and the Spirit" may I offer a further ...
  A: Bar, thanks for your contribution to the conversation! The context of Jesus' words, however, causes ...
Cross-Dressing and Cheerleading: A Dilemma1/22/2011
  Q: Cheerleading has always been an interest to me, and I've recently started teaching myself the sport. ...
  A: Doug, thanks for your honest question. My first response is to ask why you haven't been able to ...
Relationship advice1/18/2011
  Q: My Girlfriend and I (22) want to get married. She lives in the USA. I live in Europe. We cant decide ...
  A: Simon, thanks for offering me a chance to try and help you. Truly you do have a difficult decision ...
About being born-again1/2/2011
  Q: and the most happiest New Year to you!!! I am seeking your help as an expert to help me out with ...
  A: Christiana, thank you for your questions. How wonderful it is to know that you are studying the ...
Christian Man with pregnant muslim girlfriend12/25/2010
  Q: Hey Ryan, My Question is a difficult one, but nonetheless here it is. I'm a christian male and ...
  A: Thomas, thanks for your honest question. You are right, of course, about there being "a bunch of ...
I Peter 2: 24-2512/21/2010
  Q: My girlfriend and I were wondering (I think she probably posted a question to you earlier on the ...
  A: Brandon, Merry Christmas to you, too! Thanks for your question. You are correct in being ...
about divine healing12/14/2010
  Q: Can you please give me a brief (don't want to take up too much of your time) definition of divine ...
  A: Tracy, thank you for your questions. First of all, divine healing is simply healing that occurs ...
Is it really?....12/3/2010
  Q: I hope that your day, so far, is blessed? Ever since I reaccepted Christ back into my life last ...
  A: Gabriel, thanks for your questions. It's wonderful to hear that you have drawn near to Christ and ...
Love12/1/2010
  Q: I am 21 and have been with my girlfriend for 10 months now. I believe courtship is for the purpose ...
  A: Simon, thanks for your question. First of all, let me say that I strongly agree with the statements ...
Just really confused11/19/2010
  Q: Good day Ryan! Hope that your day is blessed. Got a few questions today. I am asking these because ...
  A: Brenda, thanks for your questions. To be honest, I can't answer with absolute confidence because I ...
The Religious Spirit11/18/2010
  Q: I've heard about this thing called the Religious Spirit, which although never mentioned in the ...
  A: Michael, there is no doubt in my mind that this spirit is from Satan rather than God. From what you ...
Trying to find God11/16/2010
  Q: I was raised much like many other children in our society as a Christian. I converted to Islam at ...
  A: Seeker, how good it is to hear that you are giving the most important issue in life some careful and ...
Pleasing To God9/26/2010
  Q: How do we as Christian know what is pleasing to God in regards to decision we make throughout of ...
  A: Kenneth, thank you for your question. I'm very glad that you've asked this particular question ...
Question about calling from God9/7/2010
  Q: Hey i just have one question, is kinda hard for me to explain but how do you know when God is ...
  A: Zane, it's always best to take such feelings or senses very seriously. You should never ignore what ...
Is saint marry intercede9/6/2010
  Q: Tell me about saint merry is she interesed I am from ethiopia thank you
  A: Shimlis, thank you for your question! We do not have any indications in the inspired Scriptures ...
family7/9/2010
  Q: I appreciated reading your advice given to another believer who is living next door to her ...
  A: Wayne, thanks for your question! I do appreciate the depth of concern you have for the future faith ...
Loss of Motivation7/1/2010
  Q: I have had an idea for a novel floating around in my head. But Jesus is coming back really soon, so ...
  A: Sara, thanks for your questions! First of all, I am glad to hear that your are aware of the ...
Head Coverings6/24/2010
  Q: Are Christian women expected and/or required to wear head coverings at any time, place, and period ...
  A: Chris, First of all, I apologize for the length of time it has taken me to get back to you. My ...
Breakup with my girlfriend6/8/2010
  Q: I'm going through a terrible time after my girlfriend broke up with me one month ago. She only told ...
  A: Daniel, the heart is often in conflict with the Word. It is clear from the Scriptures that God ...
Getting along with non Christians6/4/2010
  Q: I HAVE POSSIBLY AN UNUSUAL QUESTION. I AM JUST FRUSTRATED AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANOTHER BELIEVER'S ...
  A: V, thanks for sharing your story. To be honest with you, we disciples of Jesus necessarily feel ...
Marriage5/12/2010
  Q: What exactly does the bible say about marriage between cousins? I have been looking through the ...
  A: Rebe, You are correct that the Scriptures do not speak directly to the question of first cousins ...
A Teen with some "facing life" issues.4/25/2010
  Q: Hey there: Let me start off with some background: I am a high school student with only two years ...
  A: Elizabeth, Before I can effectively answer your question, I think I'll need you to answer a few for ...
Relationships4/19/2010
  Q: What are the rules in Christianity when it comes to leaving somebody for another person? I have been ...
  A: Rose, the ultimate rule for those who follow Jesus is simply to love. I do not mean the vague, warm ...
I'm afraid that I won't go to Heaven because I'm a teen, and I've masturbated before.4/7/2010
  Q: So I'm a teen, and I masturbate every now and then. Will I go to Hell?
  A: Aubrey, thanks for your question. I'm afraid you misunderstand God's decision-making process in ...
Christian Strength4/5/2010
  Q: I have been praying to God about blessing me with a job, and restoration of my marriage. Now without ...
  A: Jamie, I am encouraged to read that you have absolute confidence in God's answer to your prayers. I ...
TITHING2/23/2010
  Q: WELL MY SITUATION IS COMPLEX BUT I WILL JUST TRY TO SUMMARIZE IT AS MUCH AS I POSSIBLY CAN. I GIVE ...
  A: V, thanks for your question. You are right to be concerned that you please the Giver with your ...
Living with non believing roommates1/26/2010
  Q: 3 1/2 years ago my boyfriend was put in prison due to drug related issues. It was the best thing ...
  A: Francie, Your situation is one that is not dealt with extensively in the Scriptures. We know that ...
Relationships1/12/2010
  Q: What does the Bible say about married men and outside relationships. ANSWER: Michael, Please ...
  A: Michael, This is a question for which there is no specific answer, biblically speaking. A husband ...
Love1/6/2010
  Q: I guess you can say I've been trying to walk with God for about 2 years. I got baptized a year ago ...
  A: Alfonso, Thanks for your question and your honesty in explaining your situation. From what I can ...
Joy1/2/2010
  Q: I know that joy is a fruit of the spirit, but does it go along with any spiritual gifts too? Nearly ...
  A: Bre, Thanks for the question. There is no specific spiritual gift mentioned in the New Testament ...
Break-Up question10/25/2009
  Q: A few months ago, I met a man and we fell in love. Our relationship prospered for some time and it ...
  A: Kelly, If I'm understanding your question to me correctly, you're not asking whether you are meant ...
Born-again/witnessing10/24/2009
  Q: Hey I have actually 2 questions, hopefully you can answer both as they are pretty close to each ...
  A: Benjamin, Thank you for your sincere questions. I apologize that my response has taken this long, ...
being receptive towards god's calling.8/20/2009
  Q: some members of the congregation at my local house of worship have made comments in jest that deacon ...
  A: Matthias was the thirteenth apostle; most orthodox scholars agree that the John of Revelation was ...
understanding god's plan for me.8/17/2009
  Q: my name is corey and im active in my local house of worship, also im a single deacon. im stuggeling ...
  A: Corey, I must warn you against settling for semi obedience to the Master. To justify willful ...
disenternment8/15/2009
  Q: if you move a loved one from the original site of burial is it a sin and will i burn in hell for ...
  A: Melanie, My answer would have to be 'no'. There is an example in the Old Testament of a person ...
Adultery after marriage8/14/2009
  Q: My husband has just ended a short affair with a co-worker by the grace of God. We have been together ...
  A: Angelyn, You are truly a hero of faith! Your love for Christ and for your husband are surely a ...
Where do you draw the line?8/13/2009
  Q: I have a question. My wife is on a "prayer chain" which I think is great. You don't see many of ...
  A: Richard, I can appreciate your question and your problem. Bearing the burdens of others is a ...
Jealousy8/9/2009
  Q: I'm 28 years old and my brother is 26 years old. He has been very successful in his life, his ...
  A: Derrick, I have found that the underlying cause of the kind of envy you're describing is a lack of ...
Husband's adultery8/7/2009
  Q: I am a Christian by birth, and got married to an unbeliever 5 years back. We always had a wonderful ...
  A: Annie, I am so very sorry to read about your pains and struggles. Your faith in Christ and your ...
Question on marriage7/24/2009
  Q: I was wondering if you could tell me what is wrong wtih people of the same sex getting married. I ...
  A: Robert, Your question is a good one. We shouldn't react to this issue based on emotion or ...
Clothing7/18/2009
  Q: Well IM going to the beach with a couple of friends and i was wondering what the appropriate wear ...
  A: Cindy, Yours is an easy question to answer legalistically, but difficult to answer with any ...
5 Questions7/12/2009
  Q: I have 5 questions I would like to ask you. 1. Why do Preachers believe in getting married and ...
  A: Billy, thanks for your questions. I hope my response is of some help. 1. The difference between ...
I need to forgive, but I can't6/22/2009
  Q: After a four year relationship, I broke up with my girlfriend because I caught her in bed with ...
  A: Brian, My heart goes out to you as I read your story. Such betrayal is one of the hardest tests of ...
Giving6/16/2009
  Q: I understand that Jesus wants us to give to those less fortunate than we. The Bible says that God ...
  A: Kathy, Thanks for your question. This is one with which I have had to wrestle myself as I consider ...
a question about living together based on faith vs ethics6/11/2009
  Q: I have been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half. we are both serious about each other. I am a ...
  A: Crystal, Thanks for your question. My heart goes out to you as you face these issues; in fact, ...
moderation6/5/2009
  Q: pls, what do you know about moderation in christian living.
  A: Innocent, At the core of moderation is an understanding of our place before God. As we understand ...
True Christian Living5/9/2009
  Q: Truthfully, I have no where else to go and ask this. I am seeking an honest answer without prejudice ...
  A: Mikaela, Yours is one of the most important questions I've received. I am committed to answering ...
Marriage4/28/2009
  Q: My husband and I separated for a month and in that time I saw another man. I don't love the other ...
  A: Well, I'd caution you about disagreeing with your husband on this point. He is right that you ...
Re Hebrews4/27/2009
  Q: Reading Hebrews Chapter 7 would you say tithing is done away with in the New Testament. Thank you
  A: Ini, Tithing as a requirement for the community of God is abolished along with the rest of the Old ...
Your right4/26/2009
  Q: I beg your pardon for the late response, i had been sick for the last couple of days. Your right, ...
  A: I know that my role in your walk with the Master is pretty limited, but I do wonder if you'd bless ...
christianity - newly born - evolution creationism4/24/2009
  Q: My question :- I was recently filled with the holy spirit during a communion service over Easter. I ...
  A: Joe, First of all - blessings on you! I'm so joyful to read that you've come to follow Jesus as ...
It's hard4/14/2009
  Q: In Bible, it says obeying the Lord and living a godly and faithful life is the answer. So I try to ...
  A: Joo, I think the key to understanding your struggle is summed up in one word: discipleship. You're ...
Were people in ancient times saved or not3/2/2009
  Q: My friend is a devout christian, and he keeps telling me that those who do not accept Christ are not ...
  A: Rick, You ask a question that has been pondered and debated through the generations, and the ...
Jesus - sins2/24/2009
  Q: This is all very new to me - I did not grow up going to church. Recently, my husband and I saw a ...
  A: Carie, How exciting it is that you are asking these questions and seeking out the Truth! I'm so ...
Having Sex before Marriage2/18/2009
  Q: I just recently got saved about 2 months ago, and also started dating a Christian guy. Now before ...
  A: Greta, Yes, yes, yes! You ARE forgiven if you are in Christ. Two months ago you came to trust and ...
putting out a fleece2/15/2009
  Q: Is it biblical to put out a fleece for an answer - charismatic, I know, and many that I know believe ...
  A: Marie, First of all, let me say that the example we find in judges of Gideon putting out the fleece ...
Far Eastern University, Philippines2/2/2009
  Q: Pastor Kimberly Lemler Sir: Greetings! We are 3rd year Mass Communication Students of FEU under ...
  A: Franz, This is a very long and involved series of questions, which is fine, but it is obviously ...
Tattoos1/29/2009
  Q: My question is it okay for christians to get tattoos? I am turning eighteen in a couple of weeks, ...
  A: Jenn, The answer to your question is a bit more complicated than a simple 'Yes' or 'No' because you ...
marriage1/26/2009
  Q: "I'm a Christian but rather still "new" in the lord. Back in 2005 I met a man who was from another ...
  A: Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I won't pretend to understand what it ...
Baptism - which religion to choose1/23/2009
  Q: I would like to get my daughter Baptized but I am confused as to which denomination to choose. Can ...
  A: Staci, Please forgive me for taking so long to answer you. I hope I can be of some help to you. ...
Mark 9: 231/18/2009
  Q: Mark 9:23 " 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." (NIV) 1. What ...
  A: Lenin, You are right to conclude that this verse does not eliminate every natural restriction ...
Questions concerning the bible and God12/18/2008
  Q: I am reading “The Case for Faith” and it has me examining a lot of beliefs that I have held onto as ...
  A: Sayre, Thanks for your honest questions. They are thoughtful and meaningful, which I appreciate. ...
adultery12/10/2008
  Q: I have been married for 25 years. Early in our marriage I was unfaithful. I have spent many hours ...
  A: m, I'm glad to hear that you believe God's promise to forgive you. Now comes the matter of how to ...
lust/adultry and masturbation11/29/2008
  Q: Firstly I would like to say I come from a christian background, tho I do not think chosing one type ...
  A: Benjamin, Thanks for your honest question. Now I'd like to offer an honest reply: be careful you ...
Tattoos11/21/2008
  Q: I'm a Christian and I have a peacock feather tattoo on my back. In ancient Christian art, the ...
  A: Erin, That's a good question because it deals with the validity of the Old Covenant for we who ...
2 questions11/7/2008
  Q: Ryan, I have 2 questions. What is the difference between the soul and one's spirit? The other ...
  A: Sara, Sorry for taking so long to answer your questions. I hope I can help... The soul is the ...
Mental Illnesses and spirituality10/26/2008
  Q: I was just wondering about spirituality and mental illnesses. I've heard a lot of mixed opinions ...
  A: Tracie, The reason this issue seems a bit fuzzy is that it is a fuzzy issue. The Bible is not ...
divorce10/22/2008
  Q: i have been reading that god hates divorce and that a man should not divorce his wife and that a ...
  A: Avron, Allow me to list some of the verses that I'm sure you've read, because you allude to them in ...
Tv Show10/6/2008
  Q: I like watching the TV show, A haunting. Is this OK? I am Christian and I am not sure if it's right ...
  A: Roger, it's great that you are wrestling with this kind of question, because it shows that you take ...
Test Questions for evaluating Christian Living9/24/2008
  Q: I would like to receive QUESTIONS that would help my Sunday School Adult Class evaluate how well ...
  A: I hope this answer helps you and those you serve: First, I think it extremely important that we ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Ryan Parish

Top Expert on this page