Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Dr.M. Swaby

SubjectDate Asked
Starting life over?4/3/2016
  Q: My wife and I are both Christians and have been so since our childhood. We would regularly attend ...
  A: I am not sure I understand the question. Usually when you attend church it is for the purpose of ...
Not sure what subject1/5/2016
  Q: My question is too embrassing to ask my own pastor so I am asking it here. Is there something wrong ...
  A: The fact that you are asking this question tells me you feel that you are doing something wrong. I ...
Bible9/24/2014
  Q: Good Day, I have a couple of questions in regards to the backslider. I believe that the ...
  A: According to Proverbs 14:14 A backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways.(NKJV) You are ...
Long-distance Dating12/7/2013
  Q: I am 25 and the guy I am dating is 26. We just met but we really like one another. We both have 1 ...
  A: I am so excited to hear that you two have decided to live your life for the Lord. I believe you are ...
Unpardonable sin10/26/2013
  Q: I know other people have had blasphemous thoughts before, but mine seem to be soo evil I think I ...
  A: No, you have not lost your salvation because of your thoughts. The unpardonable sin is not believing ...
Should I Apologize?10/20/2013
  Q: Swaby, I need an opinion on should I apologize? There is currently an interracial couple who ...
  A: I am thinking you are being convicted In your heart or you would not be writing. What do you think? ...
Loving the unlovely9/19/2013
  Q: I was looking for advice on how to witness to "hard-core" people. First I have to explain a little ...
  A: I thank God for your desire to minister to the unsaved, and you mentioned "Those in prison" Based ...
Adulterers8/19/2013
  Q: Swaby, My friend and I were have quite the heated debate about a topic and I wanted to get a 2nd ...
  A: No, There is nothing in the bible stating that you two could not marry. You both have done what the ...
divorce8/14/2013
  Q: I have been in an abusive marriage to an unbeliever for 6 years and I am finally making the ...
  A: As I respond to your questions, I will give you scripture to support what I am writing. God's plan ...
Would like to know if the Pastor was wrong.8/4/2013
  Q: I'm a 25 year old guy from India. From a very young age I had been constantly praying, reading the ...
  A: Based upon your information I would not be concerned about what the pastor said. Pray and ask God to ...
Marriage7/27/2013
  Q: Swaby, Sorry for the long Post. I am so tired. It seems that nothing good ever comes out of my ...
  A: It appears that you have accepted this type behavior for so many years he may not see any reason to ...
Fiance broke up with me7/11/2013
  Q: I'm sorry there was one other thing i forgot to mention to, in the mist of her crying really hard, ...
  A: I am sorry to hear about your situation, Let's see if we can sort things out. You have given me most ...
Forgiving an abuser but not liking them4/26/2013
  Q: I may already know the answer to my question but I really need another believers opinion. Sorry, ...
  A: First let me say I am so proud of you as you go on your journey of healing. I am so happy you have ...
I'm afraid that I can't be forgiven.4/15/2013
  Q: I have a problem. I think that I have committed the unforgivable sin of blasphemy of the Holy ...
  A: Amanda, You have nothing to worry about, We serve a forgiving God of Grace and Mercy. He knows we ...
Context of Laws/Humor/Bible4/14/2013
  Q: Dr. M, how are you? I'm a man and I want to know if it's biblically acceptable for me to dress as a ...
  A: If you are not convicted about it,I don't believe it should be a problem. Some people do not think ...
Sex1/22/2013
  Q: Ok this may be a off the wall question but I am way to scared to ask my pastor. What is the view of ...
  A: That is a good question, yet a difficult one to answer. "Your question is not off the wall" I am ...
broken engagement1/17/2013
  Q: My fiancee has broken up with me after two and a half years together we had been engaged since June ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. My first question is you stated that, "You both ...
marriage12/6/2012
  Q: Dr. Swaby, I noticed you have expertise in marital questions, so here's one: What if i came to you ...
  A: So my first concern is what the word of God says about marriage. Marriage and the family are ...
is love a sin?9/19/2012
  Q: You recently posted a question to Reverend Ramona C. Stonecipher in category Christianity -- ...
  A: To answer your question Sheila" No love is not a sin" Same sex relationships are.. because it is not ...
Cohabitation9/1/2012
  Q: I am a recent college graduate and as expected, the job offers and opportunities aren't simply ...
  A: First let me say "I love your name" Thank you for writing. You are asking a great question and I ...
Christian counseling8/29/2012
  Q: Hope you can help.I have a variety of issues I am facing I am not sure if I can discuss a large ...
  A: I live hundreds of miles away from you so, I can only tell you what I would do. Where I live most ...
living with my ex-husband8/2/2012
  Q: My husband was unfaithful resulting in our divorce this past spring. As soon as the divorce was ...
  A: Congratulation to you and your ex-husband on restoring your relationship. Yes, according to the laws ...
Confusion over my relationship with my boyfriend7/27/2012
  Q: I have been dating this guy from my church for the past 3 years. In our relationship my boyfriend ...
  A: Let me see if I can help you with this. I have several questions that will help me understand the ...
Hubby/wife differences over time mgmnt5/28/2012
  Q: My husband and I are Christians and love the Lord. We are not currently feeling very victorious in ...
  A: Let me see if I can offer a few suggestions. You did indicate that you both are Christians, which is ...
Young married couple in need of help5/11/2012
  Q: My husband and I got married quite young (22 and 23) and after only knowing each other for around 9 ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time in your marriage. I would first like to ...
confused/afraid4/27/2012
  Q: Swaby, I haven't written to this site in quite a long time but right now I feel the need to reach ...
  A: Please remember that God is a loving and forgiving Father, full of Grace and Mercy. We all have ...
Christianity and Suicide4/26/2012
  Q: I have been immersed in the Christianity my whole life (47 yrs.) and would be considered by most to ...
  A: The short answer is "Yes,there is hope." Now, I will give you the long answer. It is not wise to go ...
Short Answer 12/15/2012
  Q: Would you agree with my short answer to the following question? Why I should be a Christian? ...
  A: I love it, Great answer. I would just add that Jesus died for my sins, which allows me to have a ...
Mt 15:1-11, MK 7:5-162/6/2012
  Q: What does the reference to Honour thy Father and Mother in Mt 15:1-11 and Mark 7:5-16 mean? Are ...
  A: I believe that verse (Matt 15:4) refers to honoring your parents as in respecting them. It is not ...
blasphemy against the holy spirit.2/2/2012
  Q: I'm afraid I commited it although that was the last thing I wanted to do. I was always asking god to ...
  A: This all is very confusing to me. There are so many errors in the responses the person sent you. ...
Thanks giving for Unsaved1/29/2012
  Q: It is common among Christians to conduct Thanks-giving services for the loved ones departed with the ...
  A: We do a home-going service here. Salvation(Being saved) is between God and the person who passed ...
Salvation Question1/14/2012
  Q: Swaby, We have corresponded before! Just so you know, I am doing great. I go to church all the ...
  A: I am glad you are doing well. John 3:16 Tells you what salvation is. Read the whole chapter which ...
Salvation.. Follow-Up12/8/2011
  Q: Swaby, I spoke with you a couple months ago regarding Salvation and knowing that you are saved. I ...
  A: I remember your letter. I am glad to hear things are going well for you. You have done a good job of ...
Father is verbally abusive to Mother11/25/2011
  Q: My Father who is a retired pastor and missionary is verbally abusive to my Mother. He has always ...
  A: Your mother may be thinking that your father will change, that is what many people in abusive ...
thinking of leaving my husband11/13/2011
  Q: I have been with my husband for 7 years and we have 3 wonderfull kids.But since we have been ...
  A: You do indeed have a lot going on.I can certainly understand the resentment based upon the ...
Regarding my initial question11/6/2011
  Q: Dr Swaby - I am a little confused. I asked you an initial question, to which you replied. I then ...
  A: I am on my way to church, but I wanted to respond to you. I believe I answered your question at ...
Divorce11/5/2011
  Q: Swaby, I have another question for you. I was reading Matthew 5:31-32, and it talks about divorce. ...
  A: You are fine. God wants wisdom to be your shield, to guard you path Proverbs 2:3-20 You are already ...
Thank You!!10/29/2011
  Q: Swaby, I just had to write you again and say thank you! After reading what you wrote me, I read ...
  A: :):) May God bless you and your family. May God continue to do a wonderful thing in your life and ...
Salvation... A Second Time?10/26/2011
  Q: I was saved two years ago, and baptized shortly thereafter. However, since then, I have felt as if ...
  A: Please be patient with me my daughter passed away on 10/16/11. I will answer your question by ...
Help - I have a major PROBLEM10/22/2011
  Q: My husband has three adult children by his first wife. All of his children and I get along very ...
  A: I am sorry it took me so long to respond, but I had a death in my family. I am sorry you are having ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Dr.M. Swaby

Top Expert on this page