Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Mr. McClellan

SubjectDate Asked
Jesus and Islam3/3/2016
  Q: In answer to some questions people have had about Jesus and the kingdom of God. When Phillip asked ...
  A: I think that this should go a long way toward the answer. NOTE: Christian sects and Jewish sects ...
the true gospel6/23/2014
  Q: Many people are wanting to know what the true gospel is. In other words they want to know how to ...
  A: This is actually a follow up article. The Holy Grail Rediscovered: Better Late Than Never By David ...
God speaking?2/17/2014
  Q: Does God speak to us today? Even today I feel he tells me to pray, have faith, and patience about a ...
  A: Yes, absolutely! God speaks to us today but you have to first understand "who" God is or how to ...
God's presence in us4/2/2013
  Q: Please help me to understand how the Holy Spirit is "God in us". Is this what makes Christians ...
  A: I want to give you this slightly revised answer to your question. Tragically, due to people ...
personal inquiry11/30/2012
  Q: I hope you don't mind personal questions, but this is serious if I need to trust you to answer my ...
  A: Ha ha ha ... the answers are so simple. I think I look better with my sunglasses on and I don't ...
Sexual love9/6/2012
  Q: I have a question about sexual/romantic love. Jesus said that lust is wrong and I guess that's true, ...
  A: It seems that there's virtually no one that correctly understands this and it can be a bit difficult ...
Salvation8/21/2012
  Q: I really struggle with trying to understand redemption in Jesus in a way that makes sense. Somehow, ...
  A: It's likely that most people feel much as you do but just don't want seem dumb by asking. However, ...
Your book7/27/2012
  Q: I think that you said that your book, "The Answer" is now ready. I really enjoy reading your ...
  A: Here's another excerpt from my book that you might like. An excerpt from "The Answer." The ...
What is the truth7/12/2012
  Q: Jesus said that his disciples would know the truth and that it would set them free. Then he said ...
  A: The "truth" that Jesus always spoke about was embodied in the golden rule. Paraphrased it says, ...
Penance6/22/2012
  Q: I am doing a project on penance,that you gave me to look at is SHIT!!!!!!! could you please find a ...
  A: I don't recall getting a question from you before. What is it you're wanting to know about ...
Are the Ten Commandments Absolute?3/1/2012
  Q: Can you assist me to understand the degree to which the Ten Commandments are absolute, or subject to ...
  A: In your last question you said, "I wonder if such experts are not more enamoured with rules, than ...
faith and works1/10/2012
  Q: It is my understanding that Paul's use of the word "works" is meant to mean physical actions, or ...
  A: I'm impressed! I believe that you're the very first person who has ever asked about this extremely ...
Unequally yoked10/28/2011
  Q: Greetings Robert! Thank you for making you time and expertees available to people like myself who ...
  A: I see that you've addressed your question to someone else but I'd like to add a couple of cents ...
Christian ethics -capital punishemt8/13/2011
  Q: I am a Baptist christian and have recently noted divergant perspectives within christianity towards ...
  A: I think this; God is definitely for capital punishment because love demands it and God is love. ...
Being human8/5/2011
  Q: What does it mean to be human?
  A: Sorry for the delay. I was moving. The notion of "being human" is used different ways. The most ...
Act of Holy Spirit today7/13/2011
  Q: How do you explain the absence of gifted people like Peter so described in Acts 5:15 &16?
  A: A good question and one that most people do not realize the answer to. In Acts 2, when Peter told ...
What is the difference between Faith and God's will?7/4/2011
  Q: I know that we must have faith, because without faith, it is impossible to please God. But how can ...
  A: That's an excellent question and probably most people tend to have the same thoughts as you but it's ...
Born Again6/28/2011
  Q: Can a person be "Born Again" more than once?
  A: That's a good question. There are no examples of it happening in the New Testament and, according to ...
Bride of Christ6/26/2011
  Q: Which is bride the of Christ, The new Testament Church or the New Jerusalem?
  A: The New Testament church and the New Jerusalem are just two ways of speaking about the same group of ...
FALSE TESTIMONIES6/12/2011
  Q: It is seen as a common practice many Christians testify & praise God amidst gatherings – For ...
  A: I need to add a little to what I first wrote. You asked about how to deal with all the falseness. ...
Rejection by church5/8/2011
  Q: McClellan, Since beginning a new church Feb 2010 I have grown tremendously in my Walk with God. ...
  A: Well, the only non denominational church I know of, or that is possible, is the true church which ...
christianity5/1/2011
  Q: Why are the Crucifixion and Incarnation in Christianity considered “Doctrines”? How do they fit in ...
  A: The word doctrine is the same as the word teaching. As Paul put it, "If Jesus was not resurrected ...
Is Masturbation a sin?3/22/2011
  Q: I know that masturbating to pornography or masturbating while lusting or envisioning some sinful act ...
  A: Your most fundamental problem is selfishness. You haven't learned much about imitating Jesus who was ...
Has the true God ever killed anyone2/3/2011
  Q: Only those in fear... bow before a killer Do you really honestly believe... that the true God has ...
  A: How do you define "the true God"? I try to present what the Bible writers actually intended readers ...
Water baptisim and receiving the HS1/23/2011
  Q: Mr McClellan. Might you refer me to the scriptures that teach that the HS is received through ...
  A: I'll answer your question in a day or two. I'm a bit overloaded at the moment. Be patient. It's true ...
Rev 71/11/2011
  Q: This may be truly unknown, but can you give some explanation as to why in Revelations 7, the tribe ...
  A: Since John doesn't say why Dan was left out, and since I can't perform a miracle to confirm that my ...
dressing9/18/2010
  Q: sir i am a 30 yrs Muslim boy from India.i got schooling in a convent school thus have a pleasure of ...
  A: It should be clear to any honest person who has read the Bible (a book that you should read very ...
OLD TESTAMENT AND GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE8/4/2010
  Q: I HAVE BEEN READING SOME STUFF IN A BIBLE STUDY COURSE AT HOME...AND RIGHT NOW IT'S ON OLD TESTAMENT ...
  A: When the Bible speaks about the Jews being God'd chosen people it only means that it was through ...
  A: I attempted to answer your question weeks ago but the Internet here was a problem. The physical ...
livinig with non christians7/21/2010
  Q: how should a believer(Christian)live and relate to an unbeliever as the Bible says we should not be ...
  A: The simple answer is "friendly, etc. but without taking part in, or agreeing with, any of their ...
How do I say mental illness is an illness not Spiritual Warfare?7/7/2010
  Q: I started volunteering? I am a Christian, by this I mean a follower of Christ and have a personal ...
  A: First of all, "spiritual warfare" is, for example, the struggle a person goes through when they are ...
Getting along with non Christians6/4/2010
  Q: I HAVE POSSIBLY AN UNUSUAL QUESTION. I AM JUST FRUSTRATED AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANOTHER BELIEVER'S ...
  A: Do not be surprised at what is happening to you. By far, most people do not want their rebellious ...
Faith5/1/2010
  Q: Growing up I attended many churches.But as an adult I find it hard to keep the faith. I talk to god ...
  A: The word “God” is just a title for the original source, or creator, of all things other than ...
Toxic Realtionship4/18/2010
  Q: I am in great trouble, my emotional and mental condition is very bad. I want to tell you in detail ...
  A: I'm sorry, but I can't give out my private e-mail address. However, all you have to do to contact me ...
Knowing?4/5/2010
  Q: How would you know if someone is on your mind all the time for a reason or if it's just me and not ...
  A: If a true miracle accompanies this situation and it clearly is intended to let you know, nothing ...
Abusive Mother3/16/2010
  Q: I am writing this in an effort to gain more of a biblical perspective as to my relationship with my ...
  A: First, read 1 Cor 13:4-7 several times if you have to. In place of the word "love" put the word "I" ...
unforgivible sin3/12/2010
  Q: i relize that blasphemy against the holy spirit is attributing the works of the holy spirit to ...
  A: Read Matthew 12 again and pay close attention, very close attention to the context. You need to be ...
Christianity and demonic posession and curses2/26/2010
  Q: First I will say that I am a born again Christian and have an active role in my church and with ...
  A: Leslie, since I first sent my answer I came upon a more thorough study of Demonology at ...
Tithing2/23/2010
  Q: WELL MY SITUATION IS COMPLEX BUT I WILL JUST TRY TO SUMMARIZE IT AS MUCH AS I POSSIBLY CAN. I GIVE ...
  A: I think that I've answered this before but I'll do it again briefly. Tithing was part of the Law of ...
Dealing with sexual sin2/4/2010
  Q: I'm 19 years old and I love Jesus with all my heart. I've grown up in a Christian society, my dad ...
  A: I thought I had sent you an answer sometime back. Look, if you really love God, stop the wrong that ...
Apostle Paul1/16/2010
  Q: Since you live in China, and this is good for my question but why do Islam/Muslims denied the ...
  A: The main reason is that Muslims believe that Jesus and his apostles were really no more than just ...
why doesnt it add up11/18/2009
  Q: what i would like to ask alot of questions about the church today. why is it that the pentecostal ...
  A: I'm not sure I understand your first question. As for your secondThe New Testament writers plainly ...
Follow up-BornAgain/Witnessing11/4/2009
  Q: I understand your sincerity about wanting to help, but I think I know what doctrine your teaching ...
  A: Answer to 1. No. First, the Holy Spirit came upon the Apostles, not those that were listening to ...
Born-again/witnessing10/24/2009
  Q: Hey I have actually 2 questions, hopefully you can answer both as they are pretty close to each ...
  A: I'm going to answer your questions in a day or two. I just didn't want you to think I wasn't going ...
relationship with parents.9/21/2009
  Q: my parents cares a little too much,and its not comfortable for me.am a 24yrs old christian ...
  A: The answer is to remember that unless you are paying the rent and the bills, you live in their house ...
Heirs8/17/2009
  Q: McClellan, Can you please let me know what is 'heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,' Romans 8:17. ...
  A: "Heirs of God" are people (including Jesus) who inherit what God has promised which, specifically, ...
Where do you draw the line?8/13/2009
  Q: I have a question. My wife is on a "prayer chain" which I think is great. You don't see many of ...
  A: I'm so sorry for not answering sooner. You most certainly have a serious problem and I know how you ...
Guilt trips and verbal abuse8/2/2009
  Q: I have recently had a falling out with my parents. I am 37 years old and a mother of 5 beautiful ...
  A: Your father exhibits characteristics common to people with a controlling personality. Actually, he ...
Question on marriage7/24/2009
  Q: I was wondering if you could tell me what is wrong wtih people of the same sex getting married. I ...
  A: This is from the Biblical perspective which I'm sure you're expecting. You see, as the perfectly ...
Raised Buddhist..6/24/2009
  Q: I was raised in a family of Buddhist, and sometimes I feel like this is not the right faith for me ...
  A: You need to know a few things about real Christianity according to what the Bible really says about ...
moderation6/5/2009
  Q: pls, what do you know about moderation in christian living.
  A: Moderation? It means to use "good judgement" and not go "overboard": to stay in control of yourself ...
blaspheme of the Holy spirit5/26/2009
  Q: I have a great fear I might had blaspheme the Holy spirit..I cursed at it in my mind and now im not ...
  A: I know that a lot of people won't agree with this but it isn't possible for anyone to blaspheme the ...
Caring for ill parents5/23/2009
  Q: I am a new Christian trying to do my best to follow GOD's word on a daily basis. I was laid-off ...
  A: Well, suffice it to say that your parents are certainly a pair of selfish and self-righteous people ...
Termination of Membership letter4/28/2009
  Q: The sins of discord and dissension that they put into the letter is false and I have not sinned ...
  A: What had you done that caused the church leaders to put you out of the church? Were you teaching ...
Confused4/27/2009
  Q: I certainly believe in the power of prayer and the power of Jesus. I am getting a little jaded ...
  A: I'm Mr McClellan. Not everyone who claims to be a Christian actually is, and not every church that ...
Re Hebrews4/27/2009
  Q: Reading Hebrews Chapter 7 would you say tithing is done away with in the New Testament. Thank you
  A: Yes, the entire Law of Moses was fulfilled at the death of Jesus and the New Covenant came into ...
christianity - newly born - evolution creationism4/24/2009
  Q: My question :- I was recently filled with the holy spirit during a communion service over Easter. I ...
  A: FirstTithing was required of the Jews under the Old Testament Law of Moses. Christians are under a ...
HELP!!!!!!!4/23/2009
  Q: Me and boyfriend have been together for two years he was a cristian when i met him and he still ...
  A: I'm sorry that I didn't see your question sooner. I hope it's better late than never. According to ...
Born again twice4/22/2009
  Q: This question is very troubling to me and ultimately it can only be answered by Jesus when I am done ...
  A: Well, Hello Benjamin Macomber, I know the teachings of Lutherinism and it does not teach what the ...
It would not let me ask any more follow-ups4/18/2009
  Q: Mr. McClellan, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I reread my response and discovered that I was not ...
  A: Though I don't do what I do for the thanks that I often get, it is good to know that you feel that ...
how to prove God.4/18/2009
  Q: How can you prove that God and Christianity is real? It is okay if you can't answer my question most ...
  A: I had to LOL at what you said and I know that most people can't answer this question though it is ...
choosing Christ3/16/2009
  Q: Why should I choose Christ over the Gods of my ancestors?(I am a Celtic neo-pagan, BTW)
  A: Here's what the Bible says in answer to your question. You should choose Christ because Jesus ...
Am I a lesbian or Bisexual?2/20/2009
  Q: I am a 16 year old girl and I have been noticing girls. But I don't know if it's "that way" or not. ...
  A: I read your comments and I was surprised that you thought I was somehow saying things about your ...
how to confront a homosexual friend2/17/2009
  Q: good day!!! I was once involved in a same sex relationship. Due to a third party, my then girlfriend ...
  A: The answer is simple, tell them about the good things that have happened to you since you turned to ...
revalations2/16/2009
  Q: I now this is a detailed question, any insight at all would be helpful.I have concerns with what is ...
  A: The figurative nature of most of the book of Revelation and the fact that so many people use an ...
being married or staying single2/13/2009
  Q: From what I understand according to the bible, God intended for man and woman to be married. He has ...
  A: Marriage is inteded be for all of a person's life. It has to do with honesty, trust, faithfullness, ...
Sinning2/12/2009
  Q: I have a question about something the Bible says in regards to sinning. At one point in the Bible I ...
  A: You're right to think that it's not really meant to be taken literally. Jesus is just saying that ...
Heaven1/30/2009
  Q: Can animals go to heaven?
  A: First, be sure you're sitting down. Are you sitting down? Now, I hate to tell you this but animals ...
Some Christian Apologetics1/21/2009
  Q: I have some questions that I am hoping you can help me with. My brother lives in the midwest in a ...
  A: He has no evidence for 1 and 2, so they are just prejudices. Not only that, but Judaism is a ...
Sinlessness1/15/2009
  Q: Is this obtainable if you have all your faculties about you? What is our true objective, as a ...
  A: The New Testament tells us that Jesus was made just like the rest of us for the very purpose of ...
marriage1/15/2009
  Q: I'am a 26 years old female I try to live my life right. I pray, I read the bible,and I love the ...
  A: I'll be happy to help you. Think "Adam and Eve." There weren't any other people around to act as ...
Am I committing a sin?1/10/2009
  Q: About four years ago, our neighbors (we live in the country) began harassing and raising all kinds ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. You must understant that loving your neighbor does not mean that ...
the Sabbath day12/29/2008
  Q: Please I wish to ask why the Sabbath is being celebrated on Sunday rather than Saturday which is the ...
  A: The keeping of the Sabbath was only required of the Jews and no one else. It was one of the ten ...
If original sin is not real, can you meet this challenge?12/26/2008
  Q: As a former Christian, I share your feelings with the problems regarding original sin. I posted the ...
  A: According to the Bible, there was an original sin. However, the Catholic doctrine of inherited total ...
Salvation.12/23/2008
  Q: Can I make one thing clear?Baptism an receiving the Holy Ghost is what is required AFTER you have ...
  A: Corrina, one more time. No one on this earth can prove that the thief had not been baptized already. ...
Questions I have about Christianity12/18/2008
  Q: I am reading “The Case for Faith” and it has me examining a lot of beliefs that I have held onto as ...
  A: It may take a bit to answer all of your questions adequately, so I'll do it a question or two at a ...
Question.12/18/2008
  Q: I'm really starting to question what doctrine you are. I still don't think that you have answered my ...
  A: An added comment: Hi Corrina, I want to add one more thing for your consideration concerning baptism ...
Am I saved or not?12/8/2008
  Q: Well when I got baptized,I was very young,I don't know why I did it but I am still glad that I did ...
  A: I'm just curious about what decision you've made so far. Anything in a positive direction? Mr. ...
lust/adultry and masturbation11/29/2008
  Q: Firstly I would like to say I come from a christian background, tho I do not think chosing one type ...
  A: First, you are very mistaken about the idea that all churches that claim to be Christian really are. ...
Am I straight and am I saved?11/28/2008
  Q: I added some to this question so read all of the way down.- I'm 13.I'm a girl.I feel that I'm ...
  A: First, at the age of 13 your experiencing the effects of the increase of female hormones, which for ...
Jury Duty11/7/2008
  Q: Rev. Ramona, I was wondering about Jury Duty, it's a form of judging someone & I don't think we are ...
  A: Mr. McClellan here. Read Romans 13, as well as consider the fact that Israel, with God's ...
Christian morality10/25/2008
  Q: Can you cite some scripture that says Christians are to be held to a higher standad than ...
  A: I'm happy to tell you that there is no such scripture. The Bible teaches that God holds everyone ...
basic questions and facts10/17/2008
  Q: This Mr. McClellan I think that a few Hello Everyonethings need to be mentioned that might help with ...
  A: My computer caused a few errors at the beginning of this message that I did not correct before I ...
:Lutheran VS Greek Orthodox10/7/2008
  Q: My husband recently became a devout Greek Orthodox. I have always been a Lutheran. He sent our ...
  A: I've added to this letter below my last addition. I hope that you are still interested and I ...
cohabitation9/25/2008
  Q: My boyfriend and I are currently living together and intend on marrying in the near future. He and I ...
  A: If we use the popular definition of marriage (which happens to be wrong), you're boyfriend is right. ...
Interpreting Revelation9/22/2008
  Q: Would you please outline some of the major views of interpreting the book of Revelation as a whole? ...
  A: One more adjustment: Theopedia is a Baptist production. And while it sets out the various ...
Baptism9/22/2008
  Q: What is the role of baptism in the new birth experience for disciples of Jesus Christ? Can you ...
  A: My original answer is below this comment. I'm sorry if it was't very helpful. The correct ...
Where are dead sinners?9/21/2008
  Q: I know Christians go to heaven as soon as they die but where do sinners go until judgement day?
  A: It seems, according to Luke 16, that dead sinners go directly to hell. I know that the word ...
pastor8/27/2008
  Q: I'm a young man.. 21 years old. I felt God call me as pastor a year and a half ago. I feel very ...
  A: (My original letter is below this message.) After reading again what I originally wrote, I decided ...
help to find a scripture8/23/2008
  Q: Will you help me find the scripture that deals with giving a prophet a drink of water?
  A: Matthew 7:41 about giving a drink to a true believer in Jesus, and John 4:10 where Jesus is talking ...
I dont know??8/5/2008
  Q: I dont know what braught me to talk about this online. But I guess I am truly out of options? I ...
  A: Are you sure that "we" both want it to work? Or, do you just wish that both of you wanted it to ...
relationship/prophet8/3/2008
  Q: when we meet we hit it off so well, everything was so perfect for months. we both really like each ...
  A: Sounds like you getting dumped. Removing the pics is really a bad sign. Also, keep in mind [or maybe ...
Hell?8/3/2008
  Q: What do you think the following scripture means? Isaiah 26:9 When Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, ...
  A: Wow, you've really expressed the confusion that most of the world is in quite well. Here is the ...
forgiveness7/31/2008
  Q: Therefore when we had an arguement I brought this up and I never went to see them again my husband ...
  A: I'm answering you becuase it was not a private question. I can see that you originally intended for ...
Abomination Desolation7/28/2008
  Q: Good afternoon. I believe that the abomination desolation describes the Church of God as ...
  A: Glad you asked. In the first place, the term, "abomination of desolation" [used only once in the NT ...
few questions7/22/2008
  Q: I am a Christian but have always had a few questions. I'd love to get your opinions. 1. If a ...
  A: You do not have to tithe. Christians are to give as they have been prospered. That is, if you have ...
Bible6/27/2008
  Q: I know that the Bible is completely true and trustworthy. My sister, however, pointed me to a ...
  A: I finally got moved and internet service installed although it is somewhat slow and not very ...
Research review request--religion and science based6/26/2008
  Q: Greetings, My name is Larry Thomas and I am currently writing to you from Wiesbaden , Germany . I am ...
  A: Thomas, I'm afraid that your book will not be anything but speculation, no matter how "similar" to ...
stealing6/21/2008
  Q: if someone had 4 friends, and stole stuff from all 4, some video games and money from number 1, a ...
  A: Your question indicates a serious misunderstanding of right and wrong. Whether an action is right or ...
Forgiveness OF MY SINS6/8/2008
  Q: hope YOU CAN TAKE SOME TIME TO READ THIS.... Hi my name is Henry, I'm 18 years old going on 19, I ...
  A: You are not addicted. You simply are not fully comitted to obeying God. Maybe it is because you are ...
rejection from church6/7/2008
  Q: I attend a church in San Diego. I love my church, Pastors and brothers and sisters. I have a ...
  A: You are correct. When a Christian repents and has asked to be forgiven, anyone who is obeying the ...
what to do?6/2/2008
  Q: .I am writing to ask, i am considering leaving my church. I have been there for 7 yrs, my pastor ...
  A: Have you ever considered the possibility that you are not even in a real Christian church in the ...
so many questions...5/15/2008
  Q: I am very new to opening my heart to Christ. I still have so many questions and lack guidance as I ...
  A: I'll be glad to help you. I think you need to understand what marriage is. Marriage is a contract ...
Afraid to Trust5/6/2008
  Q: Can you recommend any books that deal with being afraid to turn everything over to God due to fear ...
  A: I'm happy to help you with this question. The answer is quite simple. The Bible is an excellent book ...
Questions4/28/2008
  Q: Hey Mr. McClellan, I have made a list of all the questions that I'd love to here answers from you. ...
  A: Wow, you really have a lot of questions! Far too many for me to answer all at once. So, I'll have to ...
holy communion3/9/2008
  Q: why is that many christians do not take part in communion, or I'm wrong in taking communion because ...
  A: Partaking of the "Communion," what some people who think of themselves as Christians call "the Lords ...
I keep falling down in my walk with God1/26/2008
  Q: I had a dream the other night, and in it I pulled a golden container, shaped like a cylinder, out ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in answering. I've been awfully busy lately and I don't do this for a living. ...
are you going to heaven?1/25/2008
  Q: It is clear that Jesus taught that NO modern-day xtian will enter heaven: Jesus said in Matthew ...
  A: First, what you have written is not a question, but rather an attempt to teach me about things of ...
WOmen PASTOrs12/8/2007
  Q: what is your view about women PAstors? 1 Corth. 14:34-35--Paul says in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, ...
  A: I'll be glad to answer your question. First,three verses in the New Testament include the word ...
Clean and Unclean Foods11/28/2007
  Q: I recently had a discussion with an SDA Pastor about a couple of things, but most especially about ...
  A: I want to direct you to a new site that has several sound vidios of a man that has a lot of the ...
A hopeless love11/25/2007
  Q: Clellan.. My name is Marin, and I´m 23 years old, and are studying in Denmark as zookeeper. My ...
  A: Your heart is about to betray you. Jesus and his apostles warn Christians not to marry non believers ...
apologetics11/12/2007
  Q: I need some help. I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and the Messiah.I believe he died on the ...
  A: I want you to read, very carefully, the accounts of as many of the "miracles" in the Bible as you ...
Christians living together outside of marriage9/25/2007
  Q: We just found out that our son has been living with his fiance. They both "profess" to know Christ. ...
  A: Glad you asked. First, while most people do not realize it, a marriage takes place the instant a man ...
marriage8/21/2007
  Q: I have a question. How does marriage in heaven work? Once a man marries a woman, will they then ...
  A: Your assessment is correct if you are speaking of "this life" on earth. However, this is just the ...
Native American traditions8/17/2007
  Q: what is your view-point on Native American traditions such as the pow-wow? Are they against the ...
  A: Here is a paragraph from an article found in the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of the ...
Attire for attending Church6/20/2007
  Q: I was involved in a discussion and the subject of the Catholic Priests wearing fancy brocade ...
  A: glad you asked. If Jesus were here today, he would condemn the priests as well as the false form of ...
how does it become real?5/25/2007
  Q: It seems to me that God has done very little to reveal himself to me. I grew up as a christian but ...
  A: I am going to write more later but for now I just want to say that in no way have you been left out. ...
forgiveness5/11/2007
  Q: hi I am wondering if you could help me I love god and asked him for forgiveness for my sins in the ...
  A: The simple explanation is that when you first sincerely believe that Jesus was raised from the dead ...
Angels4/25/2007
  Q: What is a falling angel
  A: First of all, you have to define "angel." The word from which the English word "angel" is translated ...
Signs and Symbols of the Sacrament of Penance4/22/2007
  Q: I'm doing a project for school and I can't find anything about the signs and symbols for the ...
  A: You'll find information at: http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p2s2c2a4.htm However, you need ...
Good Wednesday????4/20/2007
  Q: I just wanted to know since when have some Christians been preaching the good wednesday theory; I ...
  A: The Wednesday theory is mistaken. According to the facts presented, Jesus was resurrected very early ...
major differences between baptist & luthern beliefs3/18/2007
  Q: Is there a major difference between Baptist & Luthern beliefs? We are thinking of sending our ...
  A: I'm happy to be able to answer your question. The differences between Baptist and Lutheran teachings ...
Absolute morals3/12/2007
  Q: I once read an atheist's article which stated that there were no moral values at the beginning of ...
  A: It is true that moral values are a "natural" result of being human. Wheather we came from two adults ...
The Secret3/1/2007
  Q: How should a Christian person respond to this new book featured on the media called "The Secret". ...
  A: I have not read "The Secret," but it would not be possible for it to improve upon the Bible itself. ...
HElp1/2/2007
  Q: I have been a christian for 6 years now and through the years, there are ups and downs in my walk. ...
  A: I do not know if I answered your question or not because it has been so long since I could get on ...
baptism, demons12/5/2006
  Q: I have a question, I got reborn, baptized and have been walking with the Lord righteously, as in ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. Spirits are the attitudes that we adopt. We can have an attitude that desires ...
Eternal Security12/4/2006
  Q: I have been studying this intensely for the last 2 weeks. I am coming to a conclusion about it, but ...
  A: I am going to give you the short answer to this question. The "Once Saved, Always Saved" doctrine is ...
Feeling bad about Doubt11/9/2006
  Q: I am a Christian but sometimes I find myself doubting in times of trouble. I am having some health ...
  A: Forgiveness requires that a person repent. Repentance means to be sincerely remorseful for what we ...
Matthew 1811/6/2006
  Q: I was at Church on Sunday night and the young minister (Pastors son)spoke on "Whatever you bind ...
  A: First of all, your question involves a number of very common and very serious misconcepts. So, in ...
masturbation10/19/2006
  Q: Can you give me chapter and verse concerning this subject.
  A: I will have to look into it. Give me a day or two. I remember of something in the Old Testament ...
Secular Music10/17/2006
  Q: Is it okay to sing or include in the "Praise and Worship program" about secular music with changed ...
  A: The fact is that virtually everybody has a mistaken idea about what worship is in the first place. ...
Bumper Sticker10/15/2006
  Q: Greetings in Christ, I have a bumper sticker that says "Try Jesus, if you don't like him the devil ...
  A: Jesus, according to those that knew him and presented his teachings, tried to make it clear that a ...
Answers9/28/2006
  Q: I'm interested in doctrine and all that but Im more interested in what works. So speak to me like ...
  A: Answer to the firstVirtually everyone uses the term "faith" the same way that they use the term ...
church issues8/5/2006
  Q: "i have been a member at my church for 8 years and i've grown a lot. i have recently been feeling ...
  A: I'm glad you wrote to me and that you are so frank about your beliefs and feelings. I must agree ...
Sabbath Day7/24/2006
  Q: Our church has recently gone to a Saturday evening service as well as two Sunday services. I have ...
  A: I am sorry that I did not answer sooner but it was because I did not receive your question for some ...
Sinless Life? cont.7/18/2006
  Q: Mr McClellan,I'm the one who has been writing you about living without sin.Let me first say that I ...
  A: This is a little lengthy but under the circumstances I think it is warrented. Here are thirteen ...
Sinless life?7/17/2006
  Q: Lst week I was commenting on the fact that,If no one ever lived a life without sinning,then why ...
  A: I am fully aware of the passages you've listed. However, be careful to notice that none of them ...
More questions!7/13/2006
  Q: Mr McClellan,thank you so much,for you time,patience,and guidance!You have cleared up so much! With ...
  A: I could tell that you would be wanting more answers because there is a lot that does not make good ...
Help!7/12/2006
  Q: Mr,McClellan,I glanced through the experts and after seeing that you seem to have more ...
  A: I enjoy trying to help people who indicate that they are serious about discovering the truth and I ...
Will of God6/5/2006
  Q: I just read Dalls Willard's "Hearing God". He advoctes a liberal view to the will of God in that if ...
  A: Mr. Willard's views are totally unsupported by the writers of the Bible who claim that the word of ...
Book of Jonah2/9/2006
  Q: My question is when was the book of Jonah writen relative to the Babylonian and Assyrian exiles. ...
  A: What seems most probabal is that either Jonah wrote the book himself or it was written by scribes at ...
Pastorate Question12/27/2005
  Q: Hey! I have a situation that I am looking for some objective outside input. First - I am the ...
  A: 1. Congregations of churches that have been taught the same should have no problem in merging. Human ...
Confession.9/27/2005
  Q: Is it true that if I don't confess every one of my sins that my soul will be lost when I die?
  A: When a sinner hears the gospel and repents because of it and is baptized in obedience to the command ...
Biblical Salvation Basis8/19/2005
  Q: I have been a Christian for 19 years; I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ in 1987. My question ...
  A: Your question indicates a commonly held mistaken idea. Most people that think of themselves as ...
Church Doctrine8/12/2005
  Q: McClellan, My wife and I have not attended church in many years and have made a commitment to ...
  A: However, with so much confusion and conflicting religious views in the world, why would you think ...
fear8/11/2005
  Q: I am 18, and I have been a Christian forever. I really got into it six years ago until recently. I ...
  A: I'm glad that you are so honest and I think that you will be glad that you came to me for your ...
Christian Living8/7/2005
  Q: I am contacting you because I have a concern that needs attention from an expert, such as yourself. ...
  A: I will glad to help you if you are open to finding the true answer to your questions and are not ...
Being a Christian, NOT a Republican!!6/29/2005
  Q: I am a born-again Christian. Jesus is my personal saviour. But politicaly, I am a progressive and a ...
  A: Jesus said that not everyone that called him Lord would enter the kingdom of Heaven. He also said ...
Follow-up to previous answer6/20/2005
  Q: Mr. McClellan, You were kind enough to answer a some of my questions a couple months ago and I have ...
  A: good to hear from you again. No, I don't mind your questioning of things I said. In fact, I strongly ...
"War"5/24/2005
  Q: I'm having trouble understanding the reasoning behind our involvement in the Middle East. It's ...
  A: I will be glad to give you my personal opinion as well as what the Bible has to say about such ...
Denomination5/13/2005
  Q: My husband and I were both raised in families that did not attend church. My mother was Baptist and ...
  A: and thanks for allowing me to help you with the answer to your question. You've asked a question ...
Adam's Transgression5/6/2005
  Q: Do we need to be forgiven for Adam's transgression?
  A: Here is what the Bible has to say on that topic. Eze 18:20 The soul who sins shall die. The son ...
Christian Tradition3/21/2005
  Q: Why do we put our hands together when we pray? Question from my 5 year old daughter...stumped me.
  A: I'm sorry for not answering sooner. My internet connection was down. Dean, the word "worship" comes ...
Christianity3/18/2005
  Q: I have written to you before,I would like to know your thoughts on why Christianity is declining.In ...
  A: Sorry for not responding sooner, my internet service has been down. "Why is Christianity on the ...
pacifism2/1/2005
  Q: " Christians should be pacifists in the nuclear age" do you agree? thank you
  A: Christians should try to be peacemakers all the time, in any age. This is what God has required of ...
Satan9/28/2004
  Q: If God is supposed to be the satisfaction for our every desire, intellectual curiosity, yearning for ...
  A: Clearly, you have some mistaken assumptions about God and human beings as the Bible presents them. ...
homosexuality5/28/2004
  Q: i understand that the traditional church teachings on the subject of homosexuality has been negative ...
  A: Regarding your questions about homosexuality and about the destiny of those that excuse it. But, ...
Various5/21/2004
  Q: I learned a new word today after reading your qualifications..."hermeneutics." Does the term ...
  A: The term "hermeneutics" is not a method of Biblical interpretation. It is the science, or art, of ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Mr. McClellan

Top Expert on this page