Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Wayne Tucker

SubjectDate Asked
Inquiries about UMC5/10/2015
  Q: What is the process for a Christian Pastor to get ministerial credential with UMC? I have been ...
  A: Brenord, You will need to apply to an Annual Conference, usually through a District ...
Baptizing2/21/2015
  Q: My fiance and I are soon to be married. In July our baby will be born. We would like to know how to ...
  A: Jared, Since I do not know either of the clergy involved here, I cannot say for certain that ...
Marriage Morals7/17/2013
  Q: When a male and female Christian are married would it be honoring to God if they decided that they ...
  A: Nick, I/We wouldn't do it because we enjoy it enough the first time. Watching it just wouldn't ...
i need your help desperatly6/2/2013
  Q: im single >> i wnat ot get married; in the mean while i have to excel in job too; im caught in ...
  A: Yusuf, The last time I checked, miracles were not for our convenience. Miracles come about so ...
james 1vs 17, 1cor 12vs111/15/2013
  Q: Is the gifts only spiritual gifts?? How do you discover your unspiritual giftings if there is ...
  A: Emeka, Paul is obviously talking about the explicitly spiritual gifts that can come only ...
i think im gay12/9/2012
  Q: i think im gay. im 15.
  A: Alex, Sexual activity is chosen. Sexual interests can be shaped. I can tell you that there is ...
Question5/21/2012
  Q: I am gay and there is this thing bothering me i have already accepted Jesus Christ as my one and ...
  A: bhon, If what you tell me is true, you are growing in your faith. Way to go! Now you need to ...
advice needed3/22/2012
  Q: i got baptised when i w0as 12 but recently really devoted my life to God. How do i know that i am ...
  A: Maya, We know we are saved when we trust in Christ, and Christ alone, for our salvation. No act ...
About criminal accepted God2/7/2012
  Q: 1 of the 2 criminals crucified with Jesus believed in God after being together being in the process ...
  A: Nihal, According to Luke, the one who was accepted by Jesus made his plea just before midday. ...
Rude coworker1/31/2012
  Q: I would like some Christian advice on how to deal with a rude coworker. I recently started a new job ...
  A: Jen, I am not sure what language you are using when you need this woman's help, or how others ...
Thanks giving for Unsaved1/29/2012
  Q: It is common among Christians to conduct Thanks-giving services for the loved ones departed with the ...
  A: Nihal, It is not common at all in the US to hold such services. But giving thanks to God is ...
Rapture Ready?1/21/2012
  Q: Is that true that in USA always steps are taken to engage one non Christian as a Pilot in airlines ...
  A: Nihal, I know of no such provision in any U.S. airline company. You could always inquire before ...
Dirty Dancing9/25/2011
  Q: I am a Methodist as well, I was baptized as a baby, and still go to the same church I was baptized ...
  A: Ryan, If you are not dancing with your wife, then it is most assuredly a sin. The whole point ...
What religion do we identify with?8/14/2011
  Q: I am hoping you can help me. I grew up in a home with Christian values, yet we did not attend any ...
  A: Kerrie, Unless you have accepted the vows of membership in a particular congregation, you are ...
Adam and Eve8/13/2011
  Q: Were Adam and Eve saved? Why was tree of knowledge placed in Garden of Eden?
  A: Daniel, Good questions. I would think that Adam and Eve were saved, since God went through so ...
Being human8/5/2011
  Q: What does it mean to be human?
  A: Amelia, I'm wondering if you and Jessica are in the same class. Short answer: being human means ...
Christian Behavior7/19/2011
  Q: My daughter has been dating a young man for about two years. Last year I gave him a birthday and ...
  A: Sue, The Christ-like thing to do is to give. But give only that which can edify. I will also ...
Born Again6/28/2011
  Q: Can a person be "Born Again" more than once?
  A: Nihal, If one holds that we are responsible for seeking and achieving the conditions of our own ...
Bride of Christ6/26/2011
  Q: Which is bride the of Christ, The new Testament Church or the New Jerusalem?
  A: Nihal, Most generally, in Western thought, the Church is considered to be the bride of Christ. ...
FALSE TESTIMONIES6/12/2011
  Q: It is seen as a common practice many Christians testify & praise God amidst gatherings For ...
  A: Nihal, To the best of my knowledge, none of us is perfect. Just because you see faults in ...
relationships and religion5/10/2011
  Q: I have (had) a boyfriend that is extremely religious. He is a lay reader, youth representative for ...
  A: Crystal, I fear I cannot give you much comfort. Consider two houses: one is built directly on a ...
Music Worshipping3/27/2011
  Q: I am a Christian and is a member of a Baptist Church. A group of friend of mine who is a member of ...
  A: Ryan, Like you, I would rather that the New Testament were a bit clearer on the exact rules for ...
christian dating2/27/2011
  Q: This question isn't exactly Bible-related as I'm not seeking answers about God's Word, but I am a ...
  A: Jen, Surely there are outdoor activities in public view that both of you like. Miniature golf ...
Has the true God ever killed anyone2/3/2011
  Q: Only those in fear... bow before a killer Do you really honestly believe... that the true God has ...
  A: William, Why do you think you can tell God how to be God? The twelve tribes of Israel while ...
Military?1/18/2011
  Q: I have been thinking about joining the military. What does Christianity say about the military? ...
  A: Antonio, Christianity as a whole has an on-again-off-again relationship with the military. The ...
I want to believe in God, but at the same time I don't!1/5/2011
  Q: as the title states, I want to believe in God. I really do, and I think it would really help me out. ...
  A: Emily, Your questioning is not uncommon, especially among youth. My problem is that I answer ...
prayer watch hours10/14/2010
  Q: but i did speak with my first lady about some thing thats been happening to me for the past year. ...
  A: Yadira, I think the lady has a good idea. It is never the wrong time to pray. Of course it ...
DEALING WITH PEOPLE/MINISTRY/ASSEMBLY OF GOD ATTENDEE7/29/2010
  Q: THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE STRANGEST QUESTIONS YOU HAVE HEARD? THIS IS A BIT LONG TOO - SORRY. :) ...
  A: V, Sorry for the delay. What this boils down to is you and your expectations. You are the one ...
honor!!7/3/2010
  Q: i need your advice on how exactly to honor a verbally abusive mother.Some times i love her and ...
  A: Nkechi, First you have to know what "honor" meant in the original setting, and what it means ...
Haunting thoughts4/19/2010
  Q: I am a believer of God and have made the profession of faith. I am in the Lord for 1 year and 4 ...
  A: Denis, I can help from here only so much. You are still new in the faith, still early in your ...
I need guidance3/10/2010
  Q: I am 25 years old and was dating a guy for 1 yr and 4 months. Our relationship was great we were ...
  A: Rayma, It would be nice sometimes if the way we thought the world should be, was actually the ...
Couple being physical2/22/2010
  Q: My girlfriend and I have being together for nearly to years now. We do not live together as we have ...
  A: Matthew, I can appreciate the urge to be with the woman you love. It is good that you stopped ...
Apostle Paul1/16/2010
  Q: Why do Islam/Muslims denied the teaching of Apostle Paul?
  A: Ryan, Paul proclaimed the grace of God through faith in Jesus as the sole path to salvation. ...
Moving the altar12/21/2009
  Q: I am chair of church council at our church. While helping our youth perform the skit "everything" ...
  A: Brad, Sorry for the delay. I wanted to verify my answer. I can find nothing in either The Book ...
Emotional affair12/11/2009
  Q: I dont know where to start..Im married but fell in love with someone who showed interest.Ofcourse I ...
  A: Amy Ann, You should tell the guy you want nothing to do with him. Then tell your husband that ...
atheists12/10/2009
  Q: Why do atheists mock Christianity and the Bible?
  A: John, Atheists mock Christianity and the Bible because they have no alternative to offer. There ...
Should I end things?10/2/2009
  Q: Hey There - Hope all is well with you. I've been struggling with some thoughts and thought that ...
  A: Vincent, Vincent is a woman's name? Oh, well. I say you have given me several reasons why you ...
define christianity9/27/2009
  Q: What were monotheistic people called before Jesus? Were they all Jews? Today, if one believes in ...
  A: Toni, An interesting question. I like those. Before Jesus, the only truly monotheistic people ...
Promised Land9/9/2009
  Q: I understand that only Caleb and Joshua entered the promised land with their families as the rest of ...
  A: Dinocatty, Of the original hundreds of thousands who left Egypt as adults, only Joshua and Caleb ...
Where do you draw the line?8/13/2009
  Q: I have a question. My wife is on a "prayer chain" which I think is great. You don't see many of ...
  A: Richard, You do not mention that any of these prayer chains are through your church. I cannot ...
Dreams8/5/2009
  Q: MyI always have visions or dreams of places that I end of going to. Example: I dreamed or had a ...
  A: Lynn, I am not sure what the question is here. There is not a single question mark in your ...
Purity7/28/2009
  Q: I just graduated from high school and am going through a ton of changes in my life. I met my current ...
  A: Brit, My advice is to let God give you the strength to save the gift of virginity he gave you. ...
discipline and test that i cannot handle7/13/2009
  Q: I'm 18 years old. For my entire 18 years of life, I lived very sinful and wicked life. I go to the ...
  A: Joo, It is good to have holy desires. That is a start. But I can tell you from bitter ...
Salvation.7/9/2009
  Q: Someone just told me that if I had to ask if I am Saved then obviously I am not. I go to an ...
  A: Corrina, We covered all this before. The Bible says quite clearly that we are saved by the ...
Family Life6/30/2009
  Q: I'm feeling a bit torn, the situation is that I am a single mom I have a 4 year old little girl. ...
  A: Charyl, You are caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Neither choice is bad. ...
Salvation.6/23/2009
  Q: Well sometimes I just feel like I am not interested in knowing more about Him and sometimes I don't ...
  A: Corrina, Sorry for the delay. I've been away for several days. If you are still feeling, even ...
Salvation.6/21/2009
  Q: So is it bad to be pentocostal?
  A: Corrina, Goodness, no! It is NOT bad to be Pentecostal! It is just different. We share an ...
SELF QUESTIONS FOR ME6/20/2009
  Q: HOW MUCH SELF RESPECT CAN ONE PERSON HAVE FOR ONE SELF? HOW MUCH SELF INTEGRITY CAN ONE PERSON have ...
  A: Michael, The Scriptures teach us to value ourselves appropriately; not too much, nor too little. ...
turning the other cheek6/19/2009
  Q: At what point does turning the other cheek become an excuse to passively submit to oppression?
  A: Alex, When we forget to submit willingly and joyfully, turning the other cheek becomes passive ...
Salvation.6/16/2009
  Q: Well I am a part of a church,however,it's an apostolic church and their faith is different from ...
  A: Corrina, I have encountered groups who hold that baptism is necessary for salvation. We United ...
Salvation.6/7/2009
  Q: Well I have also heard that being saved is a continuous process,you are never just saved and that's ...
  A: Corrina, I think you might be confusing salvation with sanctification. Salvation is ours as ...
moderation6/5/2009
  Q: pls, what do you know about moderation in christian living.
  A: innocent, What do I know about moderation? I know that moderation in our diets is a good ...
Salvation.6/4/2009
  Q: How are you sure if you are saved?
  A: Corrina, The only way I know of is found in the Scriptures: "His spirit gives witness with our ...
faith6/2/2009
  Q: how can i live a faithful life?
  A: Joshua, You can live a faithful life by studying the scriptures and doing what they tell you to ...
Re Hebrews4/27/2009
  Q: Reading Hebrews Chapter 7 would you say tithing is done away with in the New Testament. Thank you
  A: Ini, I would say, after reading Hebrews 7 again, that the text strengthens the idea of tithing ...
Is it a sin to live together?3/22/2009
  Q: God Bless You. I am Liz and I am barely a teenager. I was wondering if it is a sin to live together ...
  A: Liz, This probably falls under the heading of "if you have to ask..." You are correct that sex ...
Addicted to Masturbation3/11/2009
  Q: I am 27 year old. I am saved 4 years back. I was addicted to various perversions like Exhibitionism, ...
  A: Jacob, I once prayed a ridiculous promise to God, along the lines of "If you'll get me out of ...
i feel like i am annoying3/9/2009
  Q: I am 21 years old female, i have been a christian for 2 years and i am very close to my church ...
  A: Cindy, If you read 1 Peter 4:3-5 you will find the insight you need to understand what is going ...
Sin3/2/2009
  Q: I'm new to the Christian faith, and one of my stumbling blocks is the concept of sin. As I ...
  A: Peter, Welcome to the kingdom! As you grow in grace and faith and knowledge you will learn many ...
Tithing2/23/2009
  Q: I was taught that tithing was under the old laws, and that we no longer had to do it. So, why do ...
  A: Corrine, Jesus never says we are to stop tithing. Paul never says we are to stop tithing. ...
Far Eastern University, Philippines2/2/2009
  Q: Wayne Tucker Sir: Greetings! We are 3rd year Mass Communication Students of FEU under Prof ...
  A: Franz Jozle, There is a reason I limit myself to three questions each day. Any more than that ...
Virginity?1/26/2009
  Q: If I was to finger myself and break the hymen then I am no longer a virgin?
  A: Corrina, No, if you break your own hymen, you are still a virgin. If you have a gynecological ...
Salvation.1/23/2009
  Q: Also I am wondering if I have blaspemed.Also I am wondering if I have blaspemed.Sometimes when I say ...
  A: Corrina, You should sit down with the pastor of your church to discuss these things. You are ...
.....1/21/2009
  Q: Well sometimes I feel that I don't want a relationship with GOD.That's not the reason why I got ...
  A: Corrina, Whatever the reason you "got saved," wanting a relationship with God now is a part of ...
Some Christian Apologetics1/21/2009
  Q: I have some questions that I am hoping you can help me with. My brother lives in the midwest in a ...
  A: R, Point one. Jesus' followers died claiming he was the son of God. If that was not true, why ...
Am I Saved or not?1/19/2009
  Q: I was thinking today and it bothered me about my salvation because I am unsure about it. I said the ...
  A: CGLLR, The oldest confession of faith of the Church includes only two elements. "If you confess ...
This is a molestation question.11/30/2008
  Q: My dad is over right now.But he's here to have sex with my mom.I just tell it how I see it.I don't ...
  A: Corrina, Just because you think about something, does not mean you will do it. Impulse control ...
Am I straight and am I saved?11/28/2008
  Q: I added some to this question so read all of the way down.- I'm 13.I'm a girl.I feel that I'm ...
  A: Corrina, I don't know where you read up on what it means to be a Lesbian, but I suspect it was ...
2 questions11/7/2008
  Q: Wayne, I have 2 questions. What is the difference between one's spirit & one's soul? My other ...
  A: Sara, One's spirit is the life we have from God. God formed humanity out of the dust and then ...
Words of the bible9/14/2008
  Q: My best friend had her divorce hearing at the end of May 2008. She is not legally able to remarry ...
  A: Lauralee, I tend to agree with you on this one. In the US, a marriage is a legal matter, a ...
The biggest problem with christianity9/7/2008
  Q: I was brought up to be roman catholic. I have read most of the holy bible and as an avid reader i ...
  A: Jonathan, Yours is the prophetic question of all time. It is the reformers' question. It is ...
What do I do...?8/25/2008
  Q: Hy brenda! I hope your well =] Okay heres my problem should I say, I was going out with this 16yr ...
  A: Ayesha, You are not accountable for his feelings, only yours. If you are putting all those guys ...
New Testament Scripture8/2/2008
  Q: Greetings in the name of the Lord! I am writing a sermon on my struggles to turn my problems over ...
  A: Judy, I hope you don't need to preach this on the 3rd! I didn't open the e-mail until 11:11 PM, ...
Born Gay6/17/2008
  Q: I have a serious question I do have to address to you. I have read an article in which you ...
  A: Gunther, Forgive me if I have given the impression that one's sexual orientation is of any ...
why is being gay a sin?5/11/2008
  Q: im only 13 and i think im gay. I really dont want to go to hell but i heard that being gay is a ...
  A: Alex, You're 13. You are in no need of any sexual expression at all at your age. Don't buy ...
CHAIN LETTERS ~ AGAINST GOD'S LAWS ?4/11/2008
  Q: I recieve a few chain letter such as: money letters, good fortune letters and spiritual letters ...
  A: Ray, I wish there was a plain teaching in the Bible that said "Chain letters are evil." ...
Promises1/5/2008
  Q: If someone tells or promises God that they aren't going to ever get married, but then find someone ...
  A: Kirsten, Yes, they may marry. God understands that we make promises we can't keep. What we are ...
Mormonism1/5/2008
  Q: If someone was born a Mormon, or had become a Mormon and then decided to leave the religion, is ...
  A: Kirsten, In the US, one is free to practice faith in any manner. Even among the Mormons, one ...
God's Will12/8/2007
  Q: Why should I follow God's will when I already have a brain? What's the use of God giving me a brain ...
  A: James, Good question. But let me ask one in return. Why do you think God would tell you every ...
Baptism11/27/2007
  Q: I have been told by Baptist members you have not been baptized if you were sprinkled and not ...
  A: Vivian, In fact, the scriptures give no explicit instructions on how to baptize. The word ...
Atheism11/14/2007
  Q: My sister is an atheist and has been for many years. I have tried everything I can to convince her ...
  A: Thelma, There may be many kind and gentle people on the wrong side of the judgment seat. ...
Powerful story10/22/2007
  Q: You are so right about christian life today it isnt easy. Being christian has been hard but God ...
  A: Jacqueline, Thanks for the great testimony! I praise God that you were protected from Jim. And ...
Wineskin10/11/2007
  Q: can you explain this scripture for me: Matthew 9:16-17 16"No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on ...
  A: Mo, Thanks for asking. Most preachers can adequately explain this one. Even in Jesus' time, ...
why not halowen10/4/2007
  Q: can you please help me explain to my sunday club kids why we not do halowen the kids i teach are all ...
  A: Dee, Sorry for the delay in answering. There are probably as many reasons for not doing ...
Family Problem9/6/2007
  Q: I'll try to keep this brief. we found out that my mother-in-law is being evicted from her home and ...
  A: Madeleine, This is a touchy matter, to be sure. On the one hand, you have a responsibility to ...
Pokemon8/15/2007
  Q: In Pokemon do they really use spells? my dad says they use spells.
  A: Lance, Sorry I can't help with this one. I know absolutely nothing about the particulars of ...
Help Two problems8/4/2007
  Q: I have a HUGE problem! I want to date and stuff but I feel that if I do I will fall in love with ...
  A: Jacqueline, God needs no prior signs to end the world. We won't have to wonder if "he" is the ...
angel visit or not?7/16/2007
  Q: Hi I am catholic and very faithful well our religion is almost like angelicians and yours and mostly ...
  A: Jacqueline, Sounds like angels to me, too. We each have a mission to pursue. The adventure ...
Hurt.5/29/2007
  Q: I recently got out of a relationship with a guy I guess I loved, and I thought he loved me too. ...
  A: Karen, Cutting is a sin. Self-mutilation is damaging to the life and body God gave you. Our ...
Infant Baptism4/19/2007
  Q: !!! My question is both personal and scriptual. What do the scriptures say about infant Baptism ? ...
  A: Karen, Thank you for asking. This is a very important decision. The simple fact is that the ...
Confused and hellbound.4/4/2007
  Q: UGH. I know what I'm about to say is pathetic, but it seems I'm getting all the wrong answers ...
  A: Karen, Your question took a while to get out, didn't it? I may not be able to clear up all of ...
GUILT1/24/2007
  Q: I have a HUGE problem with guilt. I feel guilty about everything, i.e., if I can't help a friend ...
  A: Jo-Anne, This guy calls his mom, and says "How are you doing?" She says, "Terrible. I ...
Sinners1/15/2007
  Q: I teach Sunday School for older adults. As we were studying Jesus healing in Mark 2 we were talking ...
  A: Eva, You are right in thinking that we can still sin after accepting salvation. I run into this ...
HElp1/2/2007
  Q: I have been a christian for 6 years now and through the years, there are ups and downs in my walk. ...
  A: Jason, Looks like you have a pretty good handle on your situation. You have asked for advice. ...
love1/1/2007
  Q: i loved a man for 5 yrs; but we were together only for 2 years. i love him so deeply that i cannot ...
  A: Cc, If you are not "involved" with any other men, then what marriage proposals are you turning ...
Translations12/17/2006
  Q: I was on a holiday and just returned back to work. I really like you to go through the Quran itself ...
  A: Ahmer, If I may ask, friend, what is your native language? Do you have access to the Bible in ...
Healing12/8/2006
  Q: I am a Christian not a skeptic or atheist but I have a very important question. It has to do with ...
  A: Chad, Good question. I, too believe that God heals. But there are four kinds of healing. The ...
Translations11/14/2006
  Q: With due honour and respect I wish to ask the following question. 1. Why have the christians ...
  A: Ahmer, Very good question! Actually, only English speaking people have translated the ...
Secular Music10/17/2006
  Q: Is it okay to sing or include in the "Praise and Worship program" about secular music with changed ...
  A: Aby, This is a dark gray area of Church music. When the tune is no longer under copyright, when ...
Gay rights and Christianity8/9/2006
  Q: I have been raised Christian and live in a small Christian community in Maine. My problem with the ...
  A: Denise, If there is one thread of Scripture that runs unbroken from end to end, it is that ...
New religious Movement& Religion in the Twenty-first century3/13/2006
  Q: How are newer religions different from older ones?
  A: Catherine, You will have to be more specific. The answer to your question is probably a series ...
Faith3/5/2006
  Q: I read the bible. The bible says that I have no faith in God. That's why I can't get a job for 2 ...
  A: Simon, Please accept my apologies for taking so long to answer. This is the earliest I could do ...
------------------------- ...1/27/2006
  Q: While playing an online game my character died and the thoughts with this death i commit my soul to ...
  A: Friend, Just as a person's body may be attacked physically, or a person's emotions be attacked ...
Expertise1/22/2006
  Q: Isn't "tradition" what got the pharisee's in so much trouble?
  A: James, Not really. What got the pharisees in trouble was traditionalism, the elevation of ...
what christianity says about drinking?9/26/2005
  Q: .! for a long time i was searching for some christianity expert and now that ive found one i will ...
  A: Haseeb, Thank you for asking. The Scriptures are the source of doctrine for most of ...
Pre-marital sex9/11/2005
  Q: Wayne. My name is John, and I am a born again Christian. I am also 26 years old, and I feel ...
  A: John, Actually, there are two separate issues here. The first is your jealousy. The book of ...
Christian Living8/7/2005
  Q: I am contacting you because I have a concern that needs attention from an expert, such as yourself. ...
  A: JG, You are right about the effects of excess alcohol on the human system, and on society at ...
"War"5/24/2005
  Q: I'm having trouble understanding the reasoning behind our involvement in the Middle East. It's ...
  A: DJ, Indeed, there are many places where order is needed. But we cannot be effective in more ...
Possibly an odd question4/25/2005
  Q: I am a new Christian and I am trying to do things as I think God would want me to. I understand I ...
  A: Friend, The only bad question is the one you don't ask. I'll take a shot at this one. The ...
HELPS4/18/2005
  Q: I am very upset. After being Catholic my entire life I have become Baptist. I am 26 years old, I ...
  A: R, First, you are NOT committing adultery! His former wife is dead, and he is no longer bound ...
I need a little information for a research paper4/13/2005
  Q: I'm doing a short research paper about the afterlife, and I was hoping you could answer a quick ...
  A: Tiffany, A very old question! Unfortunately, so is the answer: We just don't know. It's ...
SDA2/10/2005
  Q: Are the 10 commandments still binding today? I don't think the SDA have it all right but their ...
  A: Matthew, Are the Ten Commandments still binding today is a good question. Binding on whom? And ...
UMC beliefs/Doctrine12/20/2004
  Q: My husband and I are members of a Southern Baptist Church and have been for the past few years. We ...
  A: Twilite, A marvelous name! Someday I hope to know where your folks came up with it. Thanks for ...
Can you explain the differences...11/20/2004
  Q: Can you explain the differences in 'regular protestant' beliefs and Seventh Day Adventists. whatis ...
  A: Milt, Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I had to do some research before I could ...
Movies5/30/2004
  Q: I am trying to live as a christian and i keep encountering a topic that bothers me. That topic is ...
  A: Blake, The Bible says not one word about movies, or any other forms of entertainment, for that ...
unclean places5/24/2004
  Q: What can a person do when he/she comes to a place (a house or hotel room etc.) where he/she suspects ...
  A: Derek, Assuming that one has the gift of discernment of spirits, one need not suspect that a ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Wayne Tucker

Top Expert on this page