Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Barbara Shafer

SubjectDate Asked
24-Year Dilemma3/31/2017
  Q: We all know lives consists of peaks and troughs and way back in the mid-80's I went through a trough ...
  A: I know sometimes it helps just to get things out there and to know that someone, somewhere, is ...
USA Election10/17/2016
  Q: As a Christian, what do the upcoming elections foreshadow for the USA? I don't know who to vote ...
  A: Priscilla, for your excellent questions and for trusting me to answer them. There are so many ...
God's Hand on Earth9/12/2016
  Q: What do you do when your faced with the issue of Gods will or The Churches will. I mean at this day ...
  A: Toledo, for this question! Wow, I must say this ranks right up there with the hardest questions ...
Divorce9/5/2016
  Q: In the Torah, divorce is not a sin and easily acquired. Yet, Jesus states that divorce is a sin ...
  A: I love questions like this one! It brings back all the joy of the pop quiz and reminds me how much ...
dream explanation6/19/2016
  Q: i had a strange dream,i was travelling with my boy friend with his bakkie and what i noticed is that ...
  A: I wish I had a more satisfactory answer for you. I have not been gifted with the ability to ...
Staying focussed on the Lord5/16/2016
  Q: Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ! How can I best stay focussed on the Lord in my mind ...
  A: So good to hear from you! I think of you often and say those "arrow prayers" whenever I hear of ...
Harsh conditions10/27/2015
  Q: Sorry this is a bit long but I need a Godly woman's opinion. Usually I am a fairly strong and happy ...
  A: Good morning, Vicky! Thank you for trusting me with your question. First, let me say that you ...
City of Houston demands pastors turn over sermons12/1/2014
  Q: I must admit that I was deeply shocked to read this headline: City of Houston demands pastors turn ...
  A: it's good to hear from you. :) You're absolutely right. America used to uphold free speech as a ...
What can this refer to?5/10/2014
  Q: I do hope everything is going well with you. This is from a discussion between two Christians, one ...
  A: Simon. Iím quite well. Sorry it took me a bit longer to respond than usual. My daughter was ...
Did God speak to me2/23/2014
  Q: Last year I was struggling with my faith. After meeting a young women who's special to me, I ...
  A: I ask myself that same question rather often. There are some answers I'm still waiting to see ...
Comment on TSA post12/26/2013
  Q: Barbara, Good morning and I trust you had a meaningful Christmas season. This is more of a comment ...
  A: Joel, I hope you are having a blessed Christmas season as well. Thank you also for your comments. ...
spiritual TSA agents12/22/2013
  Q: I do hope all is well with you, and compliments of the season! My question today: what are ...
  A: Christmas Greetings to you and your family! Thank you also for your question. The article you ...
Conversion-becoming a Christian10/19/2013
  Q: Background - I've been in the 'Holiness Apostolic Pentecostal' church, a NON-Evangelical group, it ...
  A: I will give a short answer for tonight. If youíd like a fuller answer as to why there are ...
miscarrages9/14/2013
  Q: How do we respond to critics who say that miscarriages are God's abortions?
  A: you raise a very good question. It's largely a vocabulary issue, but there's also an issue of ...
non-christians8/15/2013
  Q: Do you believe that 2/3 of the world who are not Christians and who do not believe Jesus was the son ...
  A: It's one that many people ask about Christianity and one of the hardest to really answer. ...
Bible authenticity Heaven and hell6/23/2013
  Q: Going through most of the expert profiles, yours caught my attention and I am hoping you can help. I ...
  A: Good morning, Ron. I had to smile because your long winded question is no match for the long winded ...
2 Cor 10:65/3/2013
  Q: I do hope all is well with you and yours. I quote: And we will be ready to punish every act of ...
  A: Simon, we are quite well. I hope you and yours are also. It is good to hear from you. Interesting ...
Unforgivable?4/15/2013
  Q: I have a problem. I think that I have committed the unforgivable sin of blasphemy of the Holy ...
  A: rest easy my sister. :) The sheer fact that you regret it tells me that you didn't commit the ...
Abusive Adopted Christian mother3/20/2013
  Q: I was adopted by my blood uncle and his wife at age eight years of age out of a hospital where I had ...
  A: first of all please know that my heart goes out to you for the cruelty you've experienced in life at ...
Taking things personally1/1/2013
  Q: My husband and I are Christians, but when we talk about our finances, i feel so much guilt related ...
  A: Amy. Two quick things: First, the link to the 5 love languages ran over into the text. It's ...
Confused about my relationship!10/2/2012
  Q: I'll just set the stage and allow you to respond :) Thanks in advance! I'm a Christian, 31 years ...
  A: Trust me, you're not alone in this confusion about relationships. I sometimes chuckle that God ...
Faith9/27/2012
  Q: Barbara Shafer My name is Sonia i have been saved for about a year but I've notice before this i had ...
  A: I remember answering it because I thought about writing a post for my web site based on your really ...
Sin9/11/2012
  Q: I would like to ask for advice. I am tired of feeling bad about my life.I don't even know where to ...
  A: It sounds like a very painful situation and probably very confusing too. I am continuing to pray ...
Dating and knowing God's will9/4/2012
  Q: I am having a hard time identifying what God's will is in my dating relationship. I was previously ...
  A: I have been using my time to pray and ponder what God might have me say to you. You wrote: <<I am ...
A relationship question8/29/2012
  Q: Since you are a Christian female perhaps you can help with me with a bit of "womanly" advice. I ...
  A: Your story is far more common than you may think. There are plenty of people out there who believe ...
Is forgiveness impossible?7/28/2012
  Q: I'm not sure as to how to begin to ask this question. Its hard to convey how I feel fully about ...
  A: First, let me say that I'm so sorry you've had a life filled with treatment that seems so ...
Confused about my relationship with my boyfriend7/26/2012
  Q: I have been dating this guy from my church for the past 3 years. In our relationship my boyfriend ...
  A: At the outset, let me state that I'm not Dr. Eddy, I'm Barbara Shafer, but in the event you've asked ...
Advise7/23/2012
  Q: I am a christian & iam in a relationship wth a christian guy & we have been staying together for 2 ...
  A: Good morning, Tel. Thank you for your question and Iíll do what I can to try to shed some light on ...
Love6/14/2012
  Q: This isnít easy for me to write about, I just donít know what to do. Well Iím in love with my ...
  A: Love is a powerful emotion, but love is also a Person: Jesus Christ. Perhaps when you see your ...
Real life guardian angels?5/29/2012
  Q: Recently, after the loss of a loved one, I came across a person that had quite an impact on my life. ...
  A: You raise a very interesting question. The Bible speaks of people showing extraordinary kindness ...
Break up5/25/2012
  Q: My boyfriend & I of 15 months just broke up over a week ago. It's been really hard on me because we ...
  A: If I might start by reassuring you that there is no sin so big that the love of God cannot overcome ...
How is this God's Purpose for Me?4/30/2012
  Q: My son nearly drowned a year ago while he was in the care of a child care provider. Before the ...
  A: First, Jessica, thank you for trusting me with this question. Let me say that my heart breaks for ...
A Stricter Judgment for Pastors/Teachers?2/26/2012
  Q: Hope all is well. Please, where does it say in Scripture that there will be a stricter judgement ...
  A: Great to hear from you! I was just thinking about you the other day when I was writing one of this ...
About criminal accepted God2/7/2012
  Q: 1 of the 2 criminals crucified with Jesus believed in God after being together being in the process ...
  A: Good to hear from you! In answer to your question, Scripture doesn't precisely say, but it's ...
Rapture Ready?1/21/2012
  Q: Is that true that in USA always steps are taken to engage one non Christian as a Pilot in airlines ...
  A: All kind of things get said in the context of "end times preaching"--some of which isn't as ...
Relationship question12/26/2011
  Q: Barbara, Why is it okay to have sex with your husband inside marriage but not outside of it, say, ...
  A: Of course, the short simplistic answer is: "Because he's not your husband... yet." But the ...
How to get over a boy?12/15/2011
  Q: I have a male co-worker in which I have developed feelings for. He is NOT a christian, and worse I ...
  A: Good morning, Sunny! Relationships are always complicated things so I can understand your dilemma. ...
Catholic & Baptist relationship12/7/2011
  Q: I am in love with this girl whom I have dated for 2 years now, and we are both in love with each ...
  A: Good morning, Seth. You and your girlfriend sound like you are both trying to lead God-centered ...
relationships10/5/2011
  Q: I am writing a paper for my class and we have to answer the following questions: How Christianity ...
  A: I'm happy to help you with the gaps in your paper. I think if I were to answer those questions in 3 ...
Act of Holy Spirit today7/13/2011
  Q: How do you explain the absence of gifted people like Peter so described in Acts 5:15 &16?
  A: Good morning, Nihal Thanks for your question! :-) You point to this passage: Acts 5:15 As a ...
The Origin of the Holy Spirit7/4/2011
  Q: Do hope all is well with you. What do we know about the origin of the Holy Spirit? I certainly ...
  A: Great to hear from you. And with an interesting question! I always wonder about the Holy Spirit ...
Born Again6/28/2011
  Q: Can a person be "Born Again" more than once?
  A: Good to hear from you! The short answer to the question whether someone can be born again more than ...
Bride of Christ6/26/2011
  Q: Which is bride the of Christ, The new Testament Church or the New Jerusalem?
  A: I love the imagery of the Bride of Christ! The imagery is used throughout the end of the book of ...
Divorce6/20/2011
  Q: My wife is no longer in love with me and wants a divorce. I'm begging her to stay but she won't. I ...
  A: I'm certainly sorry to hear that this has come upon you and you find yourself in this situation. ...
FALSE TESTIMONIES6/12/2011
  Q: It is seen as a common practice many Christians testify & praise God amidst gatherings Ė For ...
  A: I can easily understand how the false actions you perceive might be troubling to you. For ...
Deceiptive Spirits6/7/2011
  Q: after reading your responses to others I have decided to share my experience with you in an effort ...
  A: First off, Alice, thank you for reaching out to me. I hope to offer you reassurance that is ...
spirtual5/20/2011
  Q: Is it possible for an unbeliever to receive spiritual gift
  A: While each person is created with creative talents, abilities, perspectives, and personalities, a ...
My parents hate my tattooed boyfriend5/1/2011
  Q: First here is a little background on me- I am 22 and have already graduated college. I currently ...
  A: I will offer the best insight I can given that I can understand this situation from the Christian ...
Matthew 16:19 and John 20:234/30/2011
  Q: Matthew 16:19 and John 20:23 seem to say that the Church has the power to forgive sins Ė but how is ...
  A: It's always good to hear from you! :-) I think that since the context of both of these passages is ...
Who do we know is in Hell?4/27/2011
  Q: I think we need to be very careful about saying that someone is in Hell as we can never be sure what ...
  A: you are absolutely correct. We cannot know for sure who will be in Hell, unless Scripture states ...
Chronology4/25/2011
  Q: I seem to be full of questions these days! I note that, for example, the cleansing of the temple ...
  A: It is a curious thing that there are several versions of the temple cleansing and where they occur. ...
The cleansing of the temple4/25/2011
  Q: How are you? I do hope everything is going well. As for me, well, very busy, but the Lord continues ...
  A: Preach it, brother! :-) Good to hear from you, Simon, and I trust your Easter was wonderful. ...
Social Phobia4/23/2011
  Q: I am 31 year male and I suffer from severe form of social phobia. I am extremely embarrased with ...
  A: I am sorry it took me a bit longer than usual to respond. Easter is a particularly hectic time for ...
The Rapture4/4/2011
  Q: I do hope all is well. I've always believed in the Rapture, but someone called it into question ...
  A: I am quite well. Thank you also for asking about the Rapture. Yes, I do believe it will happen ...
Great in the Resurrection3/17/2011
  Q: Being from a country (Wales) which has had a difficult time politically but which has contributed a ...
  A: Good afternoon, Simon! Always good to hear from you. I wonder if we're using different ...
need prayer and advice3/8/2011
  Q: You may think Im crazy but I dont know what is happening with me, i live with my boyfriend and at ...
  A: Obviously you can count on my prayers for you. It sounds like it is worrying you and the Bible ...
The other side of the coin3/4/2011
  Q: I think this may be a bit of an unusual question, but, believe me, it's of great importance to me. ...
  A: It's a very valid question...and a hard one. I'm not particularly good at pithy statements, but I ...
how to recover after an affair3/3/2011
  Q: I've been married for 9 years. Have two children together. My marriage has been very troubled for ...
  A: While I'm not trained as a marriage counselor, I am happy to help to the best of my ability. I have ...
School, or Religeon?2/28/2011
  Q: Could you give me some advice? I'm in 11th grade. I want to recite scripture but I also need to ...
  A: All my best for your studies and applying for university! I understand what a strain that can ...
Are some sins worse than others?2/19/2011
  Q: This is a question I've been thinking about off and on for many years now. Sometimes Scripture seems ...
  A: Just wanted to let you know my web site ( http://seminarygal.com/ ) is finally up and running. Soon ...
Tricky relationship question2/7/2011
  Q: My name is Alistair, I am in a situation that is stumping me. I became a christian 4 years ago moved ...
  A: Relationships are almost always complicated. Add to the pre-existing complication that decisions ...
Ooops2/3/2011
  Q: Barbara, I'm sorry, a correction in my follow-up e-mail --- I reaccepted Christ back into my life on ...
  A: :-) You're welcome Tianna. I'm just really happy that you rededicated your life to Christ...whether ...
The harrowing/harrying of Hell2/3/2011
  Q: I do hope all is well with you. What do the actual Scriptures say about where Jesus went after His ...
  A: Iíve been thinking about the Harrowing of Hell and how it is wrapped up in other topics, too: ...
Remarriage after Adultery in Divorce1/30/2011
  Q: I am a Christian man that desires to marry my Christian girlfriend someday soon. I am 42 and she is ...
  A: While a simple one word answer would suffice, it would not protect you or give you the confidence ...
About marriage1/29/2011
  Q: I hope that you are having a blessed day. I have a few questions today, and I hope that you can help ...
  A: Your questions are wonderful and a joy to answer since the topic can be confusing, misunderstood, ...
My sister's struggle with unwanted pregnancy1/26/2011
  Q: I am hoping you may be able to provide some insight into a situation that is affecting my sister, ...
  A: She's blessed for your care and concern. I don't know if you live in the United States or not. ...
Separation1/24/2011
  Q: I wish to ask for your advice. I got married about 17months ago and been having problems with my ...
  A: I am sorry that this is the situation you find at present, but with God's grace restoration is ...
Is ANAL SEX between a Man and Woman allowed/legal in CHRISTIANITY?1/21/2011
  Q: Is ANAL SEX between a Man and Woman allowed/legal in CHRISTIANITY? Or is it a SIN which should never ...
  A: While I believe I've answered this question before, it's always worth pointing out that Christianity ...
the potters hand1/13/2011
  Q: what can be some personel awarenees that a perons is being clay in the masters hand? What point ...
  A: I love the references to the Potter's hand and our being like clay. Some of them are: Isaiah ...
About Acts 19: 1-71/9/2011
  Q: and a blessed Sunday to you. Today our pastor preached about the functions of the Holy Spirit. It's ...
  A: God is obviously doing a work in my life right now on this whole topic of the Holy Spirit, too. I ...
Spiritual Warfare1/9/2011
  Q: In an area resistant to the Gospel I am sure that spiritual warfare is of particularly great ...
  A: Regarding spiritual attack, I think Jesus gave us the very best model for how to handle it during ...
Scripture?1/9/2011
  Q: I have been searching for something I thought was in the Bible but I can't find it anywhere. ďLet ...
  A: and Happy New Year! Yes, it does ring a bell. Sometimes what makes it hard to find things in the ...
Mine and others Guardian Angels1/8/2011
  Q: I have a question about my guardian angel and others to, you see for probably about a year i've been ...
  A: Your question is a very interesting one. I have no doubt that angels exist because the Bible says ...
Assurance of Salvation1/3/2011
  Q: I was wondering how I can know for sure that I am saved? I am 21 years old and althought I was ...
  A: :'-) I can say that just about every Christian I know wonders from time to time that very sameAm I ...
About being born-again1/3/2011
  Q: and the most happiest New Year to you!!! I am most grateful for you helping me with a couple of ...
  A: :-) First, let me say that I commend you for the way you study the Bible. I think it's very ...
about the scary people12/18/2010
  Q: Please be very honest and forthright with me with these answers --- 1)does the false teacher reject ...
  A: let me begin by reassuring you with one thing the Bible says many times: Do not be afraid. :'-) ...
The capital of the separate kingdom of Israel in the Old Testament12/11/2010
  Q: Hope all is going well for you and that our wonderful Lord is blessing you Ė in fact I am sure He ...
  A: Merry Christmas, Simon! So good to hear from you. :-) Your question required a bit of research, ...
Need some help, please....11/28/2010
  Q: Barbara, hello and good day! Need some help today on the following questions:- 1. Please give me a 1 ...
  A: I am honored to help. I'll take them one at a time. <<1. Please give me a 1 sentence, brief ...
Demonic Forces/Evil11/24/2010
  Q: I'm 18 and I believe at least that I am a Christian, a disciple of Christ. My question is quite ...
  A: With the Thanksgiving holiday, I was out of town and didn't get an opportunity to respond until now. ...
Very concerned11/17/2010
  Q: Good day Barbara! I have a couple of concerns. This is my first time on this website so please be ...
  A: Welcome to AllExperts! I love seeing people finding a place to safely ask questions--whether ...
What is the meaningful of free will when god doesn't even open up doors for us to enter?11/8/2010
  Q: What is the meaningful of the freedom to choose, when god doesn't even give us the choice we are ...
  A: Good morning, Charles. You have raised a very complicated question that I will try to simplify at ...
Christian living11/7/2010
  Q: I finished reading the book of Colossians yesterday, but went back to reread chapter 2 because ...
  A: You're absolutely right, they were in the middle of a war of spirituality and had lost their focus ...
Our Christian faith.11/1/2010
  Q: Good day! My question today is how important is the deity and the humanity of Christ to the ...
  A: Both the humanity and deity of Jesus Christ are as foundational to Christian faith as the ...
The Gift of Mercy10/29/2010
  Q: Greetings from the growing Turkish and Iranian churches (I am blessed to be part of both)! Recently ...
  A: it's good to hear from you again! Glad to hear the church is growing even in areas where the soil ...
Movies10/27/2010
  Q: I saw one of your posts about movies, and music, I've been asking this question for awhile. I was ...
  A: Great question! And great verses! :-) It's interesting how Christians operate in the "gray areas ...
doctor assisted death for the terminally ill10/21/2010
  Q: I'm really struggling with feelings of confusion and fear when it comes to doctor assisted death.I ...
  A: Your question is a good one...and a hard one. Many of us struggle with where is God in the midst of ...
False Teachers - what to do?9/12/2010
  Q: Do you think that the (great?) falling-away (the Greek language simply calls it ďapostasyĒ) of 2 ...
  A: I always enjoy hearing from you. You always ask such good questions! :-) Yes, I do believe that ...
Till we cast our crowns before thee8/27/2010
  Q: I do hope you are well. Here things are most encouraging: good church growth, signs of spiritual ...
  A: I am pleased to hear that things are encouraging where you are and that you have asked such a ...
Life after death8/22/2010
  Q: Hey i am doing a research assignment on life after death in Christianity and wondering weather use ...
  A: I'm back with a little bit more information...just not sure how deep or how far you'd like for me to ...
Homosexuality And confusion7/10/2010
  Q: Today I sit in this chair now an agnostic person.... I used to be a christian, but that is less then ...
  A: Good morning, Anthony, Today is Sunday. This is the day I go to worship the Lord God, ...
chastity7/3/2010
  Q: I was wondering what the Bible says about marrying someone who is not a Christian. I'm in love with ...
  A: Good morning, Jess. Thank you for your question. First, let me commend you for the way you've been ...
The Occult7/2/2010
  Q: I am church of England but I would like to learn more about the occult (not practising it or taking ...
  A: The answer to your question will depend greatly on where you are spiritually. It's my opinion ...
Christian and Catholic Realationships5/20/2010
  Q: I'm 19 and was raised in a Catholic church, I took classes when I was younger, I was baptized and ...
  A: My heart always goes out to young people who are in the midst of questions of love and religion. ...
Marriage5/12/2010
  Q: What exactly does the bible say about marriage between cousins? I have been looking through the ...
  A: This is an interesting question. While the Bible doesn't address many topics directly, it does ...
Prayer Room at the Airport5/2/2010
  Q: There is a prayer room at the airport in my area. Once I went in there early in the morning and ...
  A: I must admit that I had four initial reactions to your question. My first reaction was that I fall ...
Christian Afterlife4/28/2010
  Q: I am doing research on Christian afterlife. I am doing a paper on The strengths and weaknesses of ...
  A: I'm happy to help. :-) I do not know much about the Muslim afterlife specifically. So, I'm going ...
Why, why, why?4/21/2010
  Q: Barbara: I am confused. I have a friend who was brought up as an Evangelical and continued as a ...
  A: You raise an excellent point about the importance of our not blindly following the word of other ...
abusive Mother3/16/2010
  Q: I am writing this in an effort to gain more of a biblical perspective as to my relationship with my ...
  A: I'm so sorry to hear of the difficult place in which you find yourself. I know of this type of ...
Feminine Spirit3/4/2010
  Q: My name is Michiru Kaiou & I have a real problem because I have transgender feelings & thoughts. I ...
  A: I can understand the kind of holy fear you have about Jesus returning as Judge. But those who live ...
Jesus turning water into wine2/17/2010
  Q: Why did Jesus turn the water into wine, as his first miracle. Was it not a sin or wrong to get ...
  A: You ask a very good question that draws the distinction between the same thing having the potential ...
Living the Life2/16/2010
  Q: I have a lot of friends who are saved and they go to the club and party and listen to the same type ...
  A: :-) I love questions like yours...because they offer the opportunity to clarify what "being saved" ...
in the world but not of it2/8/2010
  Q: First of all, what do you understand by this phrase? Secondly, do you agree with it? Thirdly, to ...
  A: It's good to hear from you. Another good question, too! <<First of all, what do you understand by ...
hi i hope you can help me with my report =)2/5/2010
  Q: 1.Is there any biblical passage that says that being a Homosexual is a sin? What verse/passage is ...
  A: Great to hear from you! I'm very happy to get you started with your report. If you have any more ...
Divorce1/31/2010
  Q: I am a Christian as well as a newlywed, one of my concerns are, if my husband lost his wife of 2006 ...
  A: Good morning, Ro, I have just posted an answer regarding the Biblical background on divorce and so ...
Divorce1/30/2010
  Q: Where in the bible does it talk about divorce?
  A: Divorce is certainly an important topic and one in which there is significant disagreement on among ...
Is watching a secular movie sin?1/10/2010
  Q: I know you've answered questions on glorifying God before and I really agree with your viewpoint. I ...
  A: I am probably the least legalistic Christian I know. I watch plenty of secular movies and listen to ...
Divorce1/9/2010
  Q: My husband of almost six years walked out on me 5 days before Christmas. He wants a divorce. I do ...
  A: First off, please know how sorry I am that you're going through this and how awful it must be this ...
Can living in sin ever be made up for12/28/2009
  Q: I have always had Christian beliefs but for the past 15 to 20 years I have not lived my life as I ...
  A: I wanted to thank you for your question and to give you a quick answer before I head out of town at ...
Zechariah 12:1012/16/2009
  Q: I hope all is well with you and yours. Zechariah 12:10 is, of course, extremely moving. But when ...
  A: Advent greetings to you! :-) Great question! I find prophecy one of the hardest aspects of the ...
Being converted to witchcraft12/10/2009
  Q: I have a strong belief that all religions lead to 1 god and 1 creator but this is a confusing point ...
  A: :-) I hope to shed some light on this because there is great misunderstanding in our culture of what ...
gay12/6/2009
  Q: I am gay but I want to change and be saved. I am afraid that after I am Saved I will continue to ...
  A: I can only imagine the weight of the concerns you've faced as you have arrived at this decision. ...
Spirits11/22/2009
  Q: First of all since thanksgiving is coming up I like to say I thank God for family,friends,and ...
  A: An interesting question as usual! I firmly believe that the physical world is only one part of the ...
I am very confused...11/20/2009
  Q: My name is Olivia. I just turned twenty-four a couple of weeks ago and have been struggling with ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been reassembling my office post-construction and my ...
God's will about future spouse11/18/2009
  Q: I have a question that's been on my mind for a while. I recently went through a very painful ...
  A: I now have Internet up and running (a service call and a new modem later!) I think part of why I ...
Does a Christian have to be Conservative?11/12/2009
  Q: Here is something that I have always, wondered. I am a Liberal and I believe that Jesus died for our ...
  A: Here is something that I have always, wondered. I am a Liberal and I believe that Jesus died for our ...
Judgment Day11/9/2009
  Q: What is the judgment that Christians will face on Judgment Day? I've read Scriptures pertaining ...
  A: I think it's pretty interesting that I'm getting this question everywhere right now. God is at work ...
Relationship quality concern11/8/2009
  Q: Sometime last year i have been involved in intense prayer meetings with a group of brothers and ...
  A: There is nothing unbiblical about taking time to see God's view of the situation. In your question, ...
Training as a Pastor?11/3/2009
  Q: I do hope all is well with you and yours Ė may God richly bless you and your ministry. I like the ...
  A: Simon. It's always good to hear from you! I wholeheartedly believe we are on the verge of a ...
im 19 gay and im scared that when i die im going to hell11/2/2009
  Q: i was brought up in a house hole with a dad that hates gays and a mum that never under stood gays so ...
  A: First off, thank you for deciding to write to me. I can understand that it must be a difficult ...
witchcraft10/23/2009
  Q: I have a question (obviously).if a person is converted to Christianity and practices witchcraft at ...
  A: I'm glad to be of service to you. :-) Well, the first thought I have with regard to your question ...
break up10/11/2009
  Q: . i am a born again believer, and recently i had a break up with my girlfriend. She was very nice ...
  A: It sounds like you're handling the situation very well, especially considering how painful breakups ...
How can I be sure?10/9/2009
  Q: There has been prophecy after prophecy of a massive awakening starting in Izmir and spreading ...
  A: Good morning, Simon. Regarding where to serve, I think that God allows us to develop discernment as ...
Repentance10/9/2009
  Q: My understanding of Scripture is very much that no matter what you've done, if you turn to the Lord ...
  A: As I promised, here are some Scriptures that upon further reflection were on my heart to share. I'll ...
Demoniac deliverance10/6/2009
  Q: Gadarenes is the decendants of Gad one of the tribes of jacob. Mark 5 My question is If they were ...
  A: I'm now ready to do my "gut check". :-) My first gut reaction was that the word Gadarenes is also ...
Forgiveness9/21/2009
  Q: The Bible says that Jesus asked his Father to forgive those who crucified him when he was on the ...
  A: Good to hear from you again. Hope you've been well. Great question as usual! When I first read ...
Leaving own-strength-performance behind.9/15/2009
  Q: I got saved out of very fanatical Islam about 25 years ago. Islam is very works-based, so the Lord's ...
  A: Simon, you have such a wonderful testimony! I love hearing how people have come to follow Jesus in ...
evangelicals8/22/2009
  Q: I am not religious at all and realize it can be a touchy topic. There is a woman I work with who is ...
  A: You're welcome, Lee. Obviously you and I are not alone in our thought. As evidence, I offer a ...
Unity8/19/2009
  Q: Since Christ is in us and we are in Christ. Can we say that we are one with him? 2. Since Jesus and ...
  A: I love your question! It goes straight to the heart of the unity among believers that the church is ...
Where do you draw the line?8/13/2009
  Q: I have a question. My wife is on a "prayer chain" which I think is great. You don't see many of ...
  A: You raise an excellent question! I have struggled with this same issue myself...on both ends. ...
Question on marriage7/24/2009
  Q: I was wondering if you could tell me what is wrong wtih people of the same sex getting married. I ...
  A: I really appreciate your honest searching to understand both sides of the argument. Yours is a very ...
Why does God allow this?7/20/2009
  Q: I hope this message finds you doing well. I have done a lot of things wrong in my life, maybe I have ...
  A: First off, I'm glad you chickened out in 1984...because you're here with a valuable story that ...
Sex7/20/2009
  Q: I am married but have experienced a painful divorce where my first husband was addicted to ...
  A: ..which has a simple answer and a complicated answer. The simple answer is that Yes, sex is meant ...
christian faith and the after life7/7/2009
  Q: I am currently in a Faith and Contemporary Issues class and we need to talk to someone about how ...
  A: I would be happy to answer any questions you have. If you'd direct them either here or at my e-mail ...
Fake Divorce & Commercial Marriages7/6/2009
  Q: I am a Christian woman whose husband traveled to the U.K. A short while after he traveled, he ...
  A: As I read your question, my heart goes out to you because it seems like a very difficult and ...
angles6/30/2009
  Q: where is it mention in the bible where one angle kill ten thousand people?
  A: I don't know if anyone already answered your question. Could it be the verse you are curious ...
Christian Marriage Problem6/17/2009
  Q: What can I do now? My husband has been emotionally absent since we signed the papers to be married. ...
  A: My goodness, it sounds like you have a very complicated and difficult life right now! :-( I'm SO ...
moderation6/5/2009
  Q: pls, what do you know about moderation in christian living.
  A: Good evening, Innocent. What an interesting question! I took some time to ponder it today since ...
divorce5/31/2009
  Q: I just read one of your answers regarding divorce. My husband left my girls and I 9 months ago ...
  A: As I read your question, a few things come to mind. First, I am so sorry that you are finding ...
Romeo and Juliet4/17/2009
  Q: I am a high school English / Latin teacher in a conservative Christian school, in the Northwest ...
  A: I'm in the NW suburbs, too! How cool is that? :-) I apologize, it's been many years since I saw ...
christainity4/5/2009
  Q: greetings and permit me ask 3 pertinent questions. 1. what is Christianity all about. This because ...
  A: Good morning, Emmanuel :-) Wow, those are three huge topics! All of them are important in their ...
Proper attire for Christian children and youth d4/1/2009
  Q: I am a mother of three boys aged 10, 7 and 5 years. I have a daughter aged 1year 7 months. I am a ...
  A: you raise every mother's nightmare! :-) Questions about how to dress as a Christian kid. I assume ...
when to move on?3/24/2009
  Q: I'm struggling with a decision here, but first let me give you a bit of background... I have been ...
  A: Well, I can sure resonate with what you're saying! I've been part of churches and small groups ...
A lost soul3/21/2009
  Q: I am a Christian girl and I truly love the Lord. I am however in a relationship with a very special ...
  A: I believe God is truly honored by our desire to see our loved ones come to a relationship with ...
how to live3/21/2009
  Q: I have several questions for you. I have been struggling recently on the subject of how to live as ...
  A: I think all Christians, who are honest about their faith journey, find that discipleship is hard. ...
a BIG decision3/17/2009
  Q: Barbara, My questions today are very simple. I am in a position in my life where i have choices to ...
  A: Simple questions...not such simple answers perhaps. Relationships can be very confusing and ...
itimacy2/26/2009
  Q: I have been married to my husband for almost 15 years. He thinks oral sex is ok. I'm just not sure. ...
  A: I thank you for your question though it is one that the Bible never directly addresses. However, I ...
Teen Relationship2/22/2009
  Q: I'm Neisa and I am 17. I have been dating my boyfriend for over a year now. We have grown very ...
  A: I'm glad to hear that your boyfriend wants to wait on considering marriage until after you're ...
how to let go2/2/2009
  Q: i am a born again christian and i love God with all of my heart and my mind,but from last year until ...
  A: Without a doubt, relationships are very difficult. Sometimes, Christian relationships are even ...
Some Christian Apologetics1/21/2009
  Q: I have some questions that I am hoping you can help me with. My brother lives in the midwest in a ...
  A: Good morning,R. Wow, what an amazing story! I apologize in advance for the length of my ...
Attitude1/18/2009
  Q: What sort of an attitude should I have when facing trials in life (especially with recurring ...
  A: You ask great questions! I struggle with these myself, so I can readily attest to how hard it is to ...
Heaven12/19/2008
  Q: I'm a member of an internet Christian Fellowship Group and recently there has been the topic of ...
  A: The subject of heaven is actually an interesting one. You're right, there are different schools of ...
being blessed by someone in error12/11/2008
  Q: My former pastor was a good man but has changed. I left the church when I witnessed numerous ...
  A: I've never had a question like this before so I haven't really thought about it previously. I'm ...
Was I molested or something?12/5/2008
  Q: Okay well did I ask you the question of whether or not I was molested or something?
  A: This is the first time I recall seeing this question. I'm so sorry, Corrina. I have no answer for ...
Am I a lesbian or am I not?12/3/2008
  Q: Okay.But the thing is that if I am bisexual or a lesbian,then I can't live with myself.I refuse ...
  A: I hope you're finding yourself encouraged today. I'm praying for you. As I promised, here are a ...
Am I a lesbian and am I saved?12/2/2008
  Q: I'm 13.I'm a girl.I feel that I'm overeffactuated with breasts.I searched on the internet about ...
  A: I wish I could offer you some good advice. However, I am not in a position to know whether you are ...
Mark 9:2311/1/2008
  Q: Mark 9: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that ...
  A: Great to hear from you! You're definitely on the right track to the distinction. Jesus meant that ...
Devout Christian parents upset over tattoo10/21/2008
  Q: I just turned eighteen and decided to get my first tattoo, which I have been wanting for a long ...
  A: Your question made me smile because I have a daughter also. She just turned 23 and she's been all ...
Faced with perpetual symptoms of social phobia10/2/2008
  Q: Barbara I'm a young man of 23 and would like you to advise me on how I deal with perpetual symptoms ...
  A: How are things in S. Africa? It was 4 years ago that I went on a mission trip to rural Pretoria. I ...
Hey just a quick question9/11/2008
  Q: I have been a christian all my life and I truly love jesus christ so before I went to university I ...
  A: Good morning Benjamin! Your question is wonderful and goes straight to the heart of what it means to ...
realtionship/prophet8/3/2008
  Q: when we meet we hit it off so well, everything was so perfect for months. we both really like each ...
  A: Good morning, Brian. Thank you for your question. It actually has several parts and if I may, I'd ...
New Age Church6/7/2008
  Q: I lead a youth group at our church in South Africa. Recently I have discovered serious issues in the ...
  A: Sorry for a bit of delay. We've had severe thunderstorms and tornados the past couple of days and ...
Fear of Death....!!2/21/2008
  Q: ..Let me admit in first place that I belong to "Hindu", yet wish to ask this under faith of ...
  A: Good morning, Raj from India! That's one of the things I love about the Internet. We are a global ...
Opinion1/2/2008
  Q: What do you think about kent Hovind. There are lots of people who hate him think he is a fraud and ...
  A: I must admit, I haven't followed the Kent Hovind case as closely as many others probably have. I ...
unbelievers12/13/2007
  Q: Will believers be able to recognize their loved one if they are unbelievers in the end times. I have ...
  A: You asked: <<Will believers be able to recognize their loved one if they are unbelievers in the end ...
jesus11/10/2007
  Q: if jesus is God, why would he come for jewish people only as mention in text, i came for lost sheep ...
  A: I think it's great that you are asking some important questions about the Bible. It is the world's ...
keeping faith11/8/2007
  Q: why is it so hard for me to keep faith, my brother, cousins walk in christ. But I keep falling. I ...
  A: Ready with Scripture now and some practical advice! :-) Thanks for your patience. First, in the ...
Does christianity ruin your life?10/1/2007
  Q: I guess I should provide some background, I want to be a christian but it seems like I am the one ...
  A: I have good news! You're 22 and completely normal. And sometimes we all probably wonder if ...
my daughter9/24/2007
  Q: I have a wonderful daughter. She was developmentally behind for many years and her social ...
  A: It's hard to be a mom and to watch helplessly as our children find their own way. The teenage years ...
Different Beliefs9/9/2007
  Q: ) I'm sorry if this seems to much like a rant, but it's really bothering me I've had a few ...
  A: Good morning, Nikki, I can certainly understand why it would bug you to see one group passing ...
Your conversion6/17/2007
  Q: I found in one of your past answers the following brief account of your conversion to Jesus Christ. ...
  A: Aren't you wonderful! Thank you for asking me about my conversion. It was undoubtedly the most ...
Belief6/5/2007
  Q: I am sorry, but I'm compelled to ask how people (especially women) can rationally believe in a God ...
  A: I can rationally believe in a God who loves the fallen human race so much that He willingly paid ...
religion5/1/2007
  Q: I am a cathloic and my wife is a prostant. I am divorced from my first wife, and she from her first ...
  A: You ask a very good question. Even scholars are all over the place on answering it. Perhaps that's ...
God' s Return4/30/2007
  Q: In revelations the end is spoken of, and the end represents and new beginning. The Devil and his ...
  A: You ask a great question! The passage of Revelation 20:1-10 is probably the best known passage of ...
God spoke to me last night4/13/2007
  Q: Last night, God said to me "you have to die to teach others how to live." What does this mean?
  A: While I am not an interpreter of dreams or visions, I can point you to some biblical principles that ...
Help1/2/2007
  Q: I have been a christian for 6 years now and through the years, there are ups and downs in my walk. ...
  A: Every Christian has ups and downs in his/her walk of faith. But the resource each Christian has to ...
Death, Life after Death12/7/2006
  Q: I am researching how the Christian view of life after death motivates actions in this life. I would ...
  A: I would be pleased to help you with your research. The short answer I would give is that the ...
The problem of evil12/3/2006
  Q: How can we reconcile the concept of an all loving and all powerfull God with the presence of real ...
  A: You ask a wonderful question. One that goes to the very heart of the gospel. You see any god other ...
Spiritualism12/1/2006
  Q: I need your help/advice concerning my neice. She has become what she calls a spiritualist. Her last ...
  A: I'm happy to try to help. First, it is lovely that you care so much about your niece and her ...
dating11/18/2006
  Q: grace be with you. I am presently separated from my wife. She is a non-believer,who I feel is close ...
  A: While I'm sorry to hear of the circumstances that led to your separation, I am happy to hear of your ...
I need a christian lifestyle and life plan10/4/2006
  Q: I was abused in different ways from childhood, then i became a v crazy young woman and led a strange ...
  A: I am praying for your peace and healing. My goodness, your question was a reminder of the difficult ...
christian worship9/21/2006
  Q: "all christians worship the same." how do you think a christian might respond to this statment. give ...
  A: Jack. Sorry it took me some time to get back to you. I was out of town and received your message as ...
rejected by the church8/11/2006
  Q: I have sent this question to another "expert" 3 days ago and I am still waiting for an answer. ...
  A: Parcel. :-) Rejection by a pastor or by a church is a very painful thing, indeed. It's an ...
General Skepticism Problems!7/25/2006
  Q: my name is Johnny and I'm a 20 year old college student who's having a very hard time reconciling ...
  A: Good morning, Johnny, I love your question! :-) Been there. Doubt that. Just like you. And ...
Relationships between Baptists and Catholics6/6/2006
  Q: I am very in love with a boy. We have been in love for nearly two years now. We are not officially ...
  A: My son is graduating from high school today and life has been a bit crazy. Sorry for not getting ...
the love of God on earth2/4/2006
  Q: Greetings Barbara, What are your inspired thoughts about the oneness of all believers? Jesus ...
  A: Good morning, Christopher! Yours is an excellent question. While I don't think I have any ...
Glorifying God1/19/2006
  Q: The Bible says that we are to glorify God in everything that we do. If this is the case, is it a sin ...
  A: I am so thrilled you wrote with such a wonderful question. I truly believe there are many ...
faith11/24/2005
  Q: explain your conversion and what your christian faith means to you.
  A: :-) I love reflecting on my conversion. It was the most amazing moment of my life! My conversion ...
Love... Again8/21/2005
  Q: Greetings again Barbara, Recently, I asked you what your opinion on what love was was, and your ...
  A: I've been thinking while at work about your question and I'm ready to give another short answer as a ...
Christian Living8/7/2005
  Q: I am contacting you because I have a concern that needs attention from an expert, such as yourself. ...
  A: You have an excellent question...one that missionaries, in particular, struggle with. I will begin ...
Love7/26/2005
  Q: Greetings Barbara, So it looks like you are quite knowledgeable in numerous areas of life, so I ...
  A: Josh, seriously :-) You have a great question--one that people have been trying to answer for ...
Being a Christian, NOT a Republican!!6/29/2005
  Q: I am a born-again Christian. Jesus is my personal saviour. But politicaly, I am a progressive and a ...
  A: James, thank you for a marvelous question....interestingly enough, timed in a way to affirm ...
Possibly and odd question4/25/2005
  Q: I am a new Christian and I am trying to do things as I think God would want me to. I understand I ...
  A: This isn't an odd question at all. In fact, these types of things are the "rubber meets the road" ...
divorce4/15/2005
  Q: My husband and I are trying to help a friend - his wife has left him, says there is no hope of her ...
  A: How wonderful that you're reaching out to help a friend! I think it's times like this that prove ...
past sin3/3/2005
  Q: You helped me with my other problem so I hope you can help me with this one. I was raised in the ...
  A: Good evening, Kay, I'm glad you followed up with this question. I only have a few moments tonight, ...
child abuse3/3/2005
  Q: I am a Christian and believe in the Bible. I just read a book about a girl named Ursala and how she ...
  A: My heart breaks as I read your question. It seems as though your spirit is clearly very sensitive ...
christian's reaction to fear1/31/2005
  Q: I'm working on a personal inquiry project on phobias and fear. A thought came to me. Does the ...
  A: I've done a bit of research on this really, really, REALLY interesting topic. :-) First, if you'll ...
Touching1/26/2005
  Q: I have recently started touching myself in a way that feels good, but my friends say that if i do ...
  A: There is a longstanding misconception about masturbation and hell. Truly, I don't know of any ...
Evangelical Christian1/4/2005
  Q: What are Evangelical christian? Whats their beleives and history ? what branch of christainity ...
  A: You ask a lot of really good questions. I'll do my best to answer them one at a time. First, ...
Sex or violence11/17/2004
  Q: I would like to know what is worse in life, sex or violence? I see many Christians decry the lack ...
  A: Your question is a very valuable one. Unquestionably violence is worse. Sex was designed as a ...
Very sad girl here.8/13/2004
  Q: I am a 25-year-old who sometimes wonders why we all continue to go through the motions. Let me ...
  A: You sound like a very sweet young lady who has a huge, huge heart! I'm glad you decided to send me ...
Science of Minds6/29/2004
  Q: Just a few days ago, my grandmother passed away and since that day I've been learning quite alot ...
  A: :-) First, let me say I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. It's always hard on a ...
christian / quasi-christian relationship5/27/2004
  Q: quote: "Question I am not Christian, but my Boyfriend is. We've recently gotten into a very happy ...
  A: I love being able to talk through the practical issues of faith in life with people. I have a good ...
Jesus4/20/2004
  Q: I have a boyfriend of 2 years who considers himself to have faith, and he believes in God, but he ...
  A: It's so hard when people we love don't see Jesus as being necessary for eternal life. You write: ...
Christian/non-Christian relationship1/31/2004
  Q: I am not Christian, but my Boyfriend is. We've recently gotten into a very happy romantic ...
  A: I got sent two copies of your question and I didn't want you to think I was rejecting you. If you ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Barbara Shafer

Top Expert on this page