Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Pastor Don Carpenter

SubjectDate Asked
Christianity around the world11/2/2015
  Q: Why do you think Christianity is the main religion in the majority of the countries around the ...
  A: I believe your premise might be flawed. While Christianity loosely defined has a great appeal, it ...
A simple question for you1/14/2015
  Q: I don't accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. Am I going to Hell?
  A: Here is the simple answer. Yes “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that ...
God in life2/5/2014
  Q: Sir, how do I know if God has spoken to me. Months ago when I was a deist I fell into a situation ...
  A: Many people feel promptings and leadings and they want to know if they are from God or not... Here ...
prayer for enemies2/4/2014
  Q: In Matt.5:44 our Lord tells us to pray for those who spitefully use and persecute us. What would ...
  A: Praying for your enemies is where the rubber meets the road regarding true Christianity. Here is ...
Bible Contradiction?11/22/2013
  Q: I have a challenging question that you will find in a copy and paste of mine. Thank you for giving ...
  A: This one was a challenge to me. I found the answer in a great resource: "When Critics Ask" which ...
Obeying your Parent/Divorce11/4/2013
  Q: Greeting, I'm a 25 years old guy who had became a Christian since I was about in my late teens.. My ...
  A: I am so sorry for the pain you have endured since you were 13. First of all, you need to understand ...
what Lutherans believe about communion3/11/2013
  Q: I have been Catholic my entire life. Lately, I've been hearing from some of my Lutheran friends ...
  A: Roman Catholics typically believe in Transubstantiation - the teaching that the Eucharist becomes ...
Exodus 20: 1-132/8/2013
  Q: Great job helping me with my last question. Here is a question that I have wondered about for a ...
  A: It would seem to me that you are thinking of Numbers 20 and when Moses hit the rock. I have ...
Ron Wyatt Art of the Covenant2/4/2013
  Q: Kindly let us know your views on the reported claims of Ron Wyatt about his discovery of the Art of ...
  A: I looked up Ron Wyatt and found that he claims to have discovered Noah's Ark, not the Ark of the ...
Hi pastor Don:1/22/2013
  Q: This is Cathy. I emailed you (yesterday, i think) about God's love/anger. I'm the one that was ...
  A: It seems like God is helping you. I think that it is important you leave the judgment and ...
God's love / anger1/19/2013
  Q: I havent sent you a question in years. Hope you are well. God, through Jesus Christ and the power ...
  A: Here is how we can understand it: 1. God loves everyone and does not want anyone to die in their ...
Treated toward women10/11/2012
  Q: How should (us guys) treated toward women the way Jesus did on this Earth, 2000 years ago?
  A: Jesus summarized all the commandments including how we should treat women in the following manner: ...
prayer over children8/14/2012
  Q: Every morning I pray with my wife before I go to work in the morning. Today, after we prayed she ...
  A: God loves prayer that claims promises and principles from scriptures... this kind of prayer breaks ...
Sunday Work Schedule7/18/2012
  Q: Jobs in our area are somewhat hard to come by and ones that our 19 year old daughter is qualified ...
  A: I am sorry you are going through this. There are several things to consider here. 1. It is ...
About criminal accepted God2/7/2012
  Q: 1 of the 2 criminals crucified with Jesus believed in God after being together being in the process ...
  A: Luke 23:39–44 (AV) 39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be ...
Rude coworker1/30/2012
  Q: I would like some Christian advice on how to deal with a rude coworker. I recently started a new job ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. You sound like you are already on the right path here. You need ...
Rapture Ready?1/21/2012
  Q: Is that true that in USA always steps are taken to engage one non Christian as a Pilot in airlines ...
  A: I have researched this matter on the internet. There does seem to be an oppinion that if one holds ...
Tithing11/24/2011
  Q: Greetings Don! Thank you for making your knowledge and insight available to people like myself who ...
  A: It is true that there are some that believe that since tithing was mentioned in the Old Testament, ...
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit11/15/2011
  Q: I'm sorry this is going to be a lot to read. Not too long ago, I would say that I got truly saved. I ...
  A: I am so sorry that you are having such a hard struggle. Let us take a few minutes and analyze what ...
Masturbation11/7/2011
  Q: Can you add scripture please if possible. thanks for the help!!
  A: I will say that most people that masturbate eventually do some kind of fantasy. It is the fantasy ...
relationships:love&marriage8/15/2011
  Q: there is a brother i am inlove with, we both have common interests in our serving God, he wants to ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. Here are some things to consider. 1. I do not believe you ...
Horrifying thougts8/5/2011
  Q: i am facing a very bad problem. I am having continuos thoughts that i will get infected by cancer. ...
  A: I am so sorry for this late response. Thank you for this very good question. I have severral ...
Act of Holy Spirit today7/13/2011
  Q: How do you explain the absence of gifted people like Peter so described in Acts 5:15 &16?
  A: I believe that there are certain sign gifts that God gave before the Bible was completed to proove ...
Bride of Christ6/26/2011
  Q: Which is bride the of Christ, The new Testament Church or the New Jerusalem?
  A: The New Testament church is the Bride of Christ. Ephesians 5:25–27 (AV) 25 Husbands, love your ...
FALSE TESTIMONIES6/12/2011
  Q: It is seen as a common practice many Christians testify & praise God amidst gatherings – For ...
  A: You are right that if people are giving false testimonies, they will be judged for the words that ...
marriage5/13/2011
  Q: my question is this; I was married to my kids mother for over 10 years. We have 3 kids. She left me ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response, and I am sorry for what you have been through. You are correct ...
Single Christian Senior Citizens and Sincere Lovemaking5/4/2011
  Q: My boyfriend (who had been married for more than 25 years, and I (who had been single for about that ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. You are right that you should not be doing this unless you are ...
Purity3/16/2011
  Q: My boyfriend recently started going to church n is becoming a cristian, now he thinks he should move ...
  A: The sin of sex before marriage is called fornication. He is absolutely right that he should move ...
AA3/1/2011
  Q: I am a recovering drug addict and alcoholic. What I am wondering is this: In AA we are taught that ...
  A: Our God is a great and Merciful God. When someone who is enslaved to booze or drugs, humbles ...
God's Will2/27/2011
  Q: I am a 17 year old male. I like to be in full control of my life and I like to take responsibility ...
  A: One way to discover the difference between your will and God's will is to be constantly reading the ...
I have done something terrible which i deeply regret1/5/2011
  Q: I am feeling so terrible because i have commited a terrible sin against my own son Mark whom i love ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response and I am sorry for what you are going through. First of all, you ...
Assurance of Salvation1/3/2011
  Q: I was wondering how I can know for sure that I am saved? I am 21 years old and althought I was ...
  A: I am sorry for this late response. Let us go back to some basic truths. 1. Satan is the Accuser, ...
Mohammed12/31/2010
  Q: I have many Muslim friends. They are telling me that Mohammed is found in the Holy Bible. Is this ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. Mohammed did not come around until about 400 years after the ...
IS it Biblical?11/27/2010
  Q: My mom applies the blood of Jesus a lot during prayer, especially for deliverance from evil and ...
  A: I am so very sorry for my late response. Jesus died and rose again for our sins. After the ...
Just some questions11/12/2010
  Q: I hope your day is well. I have some very important questions. Is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit a ...
  A: I will try to answer them all briefly. If you require more explanation, please ask a followup ...
Some issues with Chrisitian living11/7/2010
Please help!!!!10/27/2010
  Q: My spirit, of recent, has been extremely troubled by my mother's church! They are like ascetics, ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. While some of the stands of separation I can understand if ...
Hi there10/11/2010
  Q: Would like to know if mlm network marketing is something that we as Christians are allowed to ...
  A: As you probably know, there is not a verse that says thou shalt not do MLM marketing. In fact MLM ...
common law marraige10/1/2010
  Q: I have been told that common law marraiges (those without a formal wedding or license, not legal) is ...
  A: Marriage is a public contract. It can be made in church or made via Justice of the Peace, but ...
OLD TESTAMENT AND GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE8/4/2010
  Q: I HAVE BEEN READING SOME STUFF IN A BIBLE STUDY COURSE AT HOME...AND RIGHT NOW IT'S ON OLD TESTAMENT ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. It is true that there is only one way to Heaven, and that is ...
Help Friend Believe he's going to Hell7/14/2010
  Q: Im 20 years, and I have a guy friend who I really care about a lot, however one day we was having a ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. It sounds like your friend is half right. Many people do not ...
Overcoming marriage problems5/29/2010
  Q: As a new Christian brought to faith by my partner we are planning to marry this year. My partner is ...
  A: I am glad for your commitment to be as Biblical as possible in your relationship. The Apostle Paul ...
sex before marriage5/26/2010
  Q: sir. I am from pakistan.i am worry about my life.i am siner.i am in ministry.i play music in my ...
  A: I am sorry that you have chosen to do these things. The first thing you need to do is confess this ...
What the bible says about homosexuality5/18/2010
  Q: I'm sorry for such confusing questions. It's just I've been a Christian my whole life, but I'm just ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. There are several things to consider when answering your post. ...
Marriage5/11/2010
  Q: What exactly does the bible say about marriage between cousins? I have been looking through the ...
  A: The word cousin is only used once in the King James Bible, and it was not speaking about marriage. ...
What advice5/11/2010
  Q: I have a great friend --who needs a great friend to be close to. His name is N***. He is a great ...
  A: If your friend is saved, God will make Himself known to your friend eventually in a very specific ...
heaven & hell5/4/2010
  Q: I would appreciate your understanding on where the saints of God are when they die. I study my ...
  A: There are several things that help us understand the state of the dead before the resurrection: 1. ...
apostasy3/17/2010
  Q: my friend was an apostate, but now he wants to come back to to jesus and be forgiven, but because of ...
  A: Here is the simple answer, if your friend has the desire to come back, then we know that the Hebrews ...
Temptation and unpardonable sin3/16/2010
  Q: I have been struggling with blasphemous thoughts for over a year now and I have to a revelation. I ...
  A: If I tell you, whatever you do, do not think about ice cream.... the first thing you do is picture ...
SEX2/12/2010
  Q: I am married and my wife doesnt sleep with me,she sleeps with the children. This leaves me ...
  A: I am sorry that you are going through this. Here is a scripture I can give you to share with her. ...
hi i hope you could help me with my report2/5/2010
  Q: 1.Is there any biblical passage that says that being a Homosexual is a sin? What verse/passage is ...
  A: Normally I do not do homework questions, nor do I answer multiple questions in one post, but I will ...
Pleasing God1/31/2010
  Q: Once in prayer, I felt the presence of God, so I prostrated because I felt the Presence was so ...
  A: I think that no matter if this is a vision, or it actually happened, the scripture you cited applies ...
Warlock Spirit1/27/2010
  Q: Is there something called a warlock spirit? If so, what is it? and Can it operates through a spirit ...
  A: The Bible does not tell us about a Warlock Spirit. We do know that if someone is Spirit Filled, he ...
Adultery1/21/2010
  Q: Oh where to start. Well I got married in 2007 and committed adultery. I divorced my husband. I had ...
  A: Jesus died on the cross, paying for that sin. He became your sin of adultery while He was on the ...
scripture12/2/2009
  Q: bless you sir, i am trying to find out why my pastor is leading me to zecheriah 11:16 and only ...
  A: I am afraid that I do not see how that verse would apply to the church age at all. I believe that ...
Life "yoked" with unbelievers11/12/2009
  Q: Pastor, My situation seems entirely complicated to me so I apologize ahead for the explaining. Last ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. You indeed are in a difficult situation. Am I to understand ...
Is there ever a reason not to respect your husband as head of the household?11/3/2009
  Q: I have been taught that the husband is responsible for the household "unless he is not worthy." I ...
  A: You are correct. There is no such condition on submission. If an unbeliever depart, you are ...
How the Lord leads you to marriage: personal situationD11/2/2009
  Q: Don.I haved a serious issue that has come in to my life and maybe you can help because I see no ...
  A: I believe that I can give you some principles from the Bible that may help. 1. WHen trying to ...
the Christian view of Abortion10/30/2009
  Q: My name is Elizabeth and I am a senior in high school. I am required to write a paper for my ...
  A: I normally do not do homework questions. I will paste a sermon I preached on this issue. It will ...
Christian friends...10/23/2009
  Q: I have read through the bible and recently re-read through the New Testament. I think Jesus brings ...
  A: I think that you are on to something to a point. Yes Jesus wanted us to be peacemakers. The best ...
Virginity6/23/2009
  Q: I would like to see what you have to say on an issue I have. My girlfriend and I were having a ...
  A: I think that strictly speaking, your girlfriend is right. It is a very specific act for girls since ...
question6/18/2009
  Q: I am confused. I read about scriptures that have stuff saying like, "according to God's will" and ...
  A: You have stated a couple of common misconceptions regarding the will of God. 1. It is not always a ...
moderation6/5/2009
  Q: pls, what do you know about moderation in christian living.
  A: The word moderation only occurs once in the Bible. Philippians 4:5 5 Let your moderation be known ...
Salvation.5/14/2009
  Q: Well sometimes I doubt my salvations although I do believe that Jesus came and died for me to save ...
  A: Doubt is one of Satan's weapons. He wants you to THINK that you are not saved, but he can do ...
Women Preachers5/13/2009
  Q: If a women says God called her to preach---who are we to mess in God's business. Do you believe ...
  A: We do not have authority in and of ourselves to say who is called and who is not. The Bible, ...
Question.5/3/2009
  Q: Well is unbelief and blaspemy the same? ANSWER: Not necessarily. Blasphemy is agressive, and ...
  A: All sin brings eternal death. That is why Jesus died for us. If we believe in Him, then that sin ...
Re Hebrews4/27/2009
  Q: Reading Hebrews Chapter 7 would you say tithing is done away with in the New Testament. Thank you
  A: Tithing was practiced before the Law. Tithing was commanded by Jesus, and tithing is to be ...
marriage4/21/2009
  Q: Is it true that God will first save a person (persons) before he will save the marriage? Second ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. I don't know of any scripture that tells us that God will ...
The horrible confused image in heart..4/19/2009
  Q: I was listening good gospel music and feeling very blessed and sharing with christian friends about ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. Thank you for this question. In the Name of Jesus Christ of ...
Pre-marital cohibition and sex4/17/2009
  Q: My girlfriend and I have been together for a year, and are both Christian. One of the biggest ...
  A: I will try to lay out the boundaries as I understand them from the scripture. 1. The only place ...
Homosexual marriage and marrying more that once4/16/2009
  Q: Why are Christians against gays & lesbians marrying, but don't do anything to oppose 2 secular ...
  A: You are correct that unbiblical divorce and re-marriage does damage society. At least the product of ...
Salvation.4/14/2009
  Q: So once you are saved,you're saved? ANSWER: yes ---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------Well can't your ...
  A: No, He offers salvation to all... it is unbelief that cancells the offer. Matthew 23:37 37 O ...
Re Paul4/6/2009
  Q: Sir, In the Act of Apostles, why did Paul insist on going to appear before the emperor in Rome? ...
  A: The Jews, who hated Paul, wanted to take Paul back to Jerusalem for a trial and a lynching. He ...
Salvation.3/20/2009
  Q: So if a person doesn't follow his commandments then does that mean that they don't love him? ...
  A: No, not at all... once God has saved you, God will not go back on His word... no matter what you do. ...
Addicted to Masturbation3/11/2009
  Q: I am 27 year old. I am saved 4 years back. I was addicted to various perversions like Exhibitionism, ...
  A: Praise God for your decision to become born again! Praise God for His deliverance for you so far! ...
Remarriage nd Abortion3/6/2009
  Q: Okay well I actually have two questions and they are about some terrible thing I have done in my ...
  A: Here is what we know from the Bible. The Apostle Paul murdered Christians because of their faith ...
Bible.2/28/2009
  Q: Well are there any fun ways to learn more about the BIBLE?
  A: The best way is to go to church and get involved in Sunday School or any other personal Bible ...
relationship2/27/2009
  Q: Pastor Don, I'm a born again Christian.I had a child out of wedlock 35 years ago,Got saved 3 years ...
  A: God's word is clear, if someone has not trusted in Jesus as Savior, you do not have anything in ...
Salvation.2/26/2009
  Q: Well how does a person know whether or not they love GOD?
  A: You know if you love God by the way you treat other born again believers. If you show love to ...
relationship2/22/2009
  Q: me and my girlfriend have become born again christians i would like to know if were doing anything ...
  A: It sounds like you want to do everything right! This is a good thing. THere are a couple of things ...
Homosexuality and Heaven2/16/2009
  Q: I am in a long-term, loving, monogamous gay realtionship. Will God allow me to enter his Divine ...
  A: What really matters is what are you trusting in to merit heaven? If you are trusting in the fact ...
Salvation.2/15/2009
  Q: Okay I get it!=DBut what if a Christian is unsure of their salvation,does that mean that they are ...
  A: The great news is even if we are unsure, and our own hearts condemn us, God is greater and knows the ...
Salvation.1/30/2009
  Q: Okay well what if you are saved but you sin and you keep doing it but you ask GOD for the stregnth ...
  A: God will always help those who come to him. The Apostle Paul, who wrote half the New Testament, ...
Homosexuality1/26/2009
  Q: Feel very much attracted to the gender of the same sex. When it comes to a homosexual ...
  A: I think that it is important to understand the difference from having fleshly desires that you fight ...
Am I Saved or not?1/19/2009
  Q: I was thinking today and it bothered me about my salvation because I am unsure about it. I said the ...
  A: First of all, no Barak Obama is not the Anti-Christ of Scriptures. He may do things that are ...
Dream about Tribulation1/12/2009
  Q: I just wanted to know if there was any chance you might be able to help me get an understanding of a ...
  A: I believe that you were dreaming about what you were hearing in the drama. God has completed His ...
angels1/6/2009
  Q: what is my guardian angel and spirit guides names please? 8/18/62
  A: The Bible does not gives the names of our Angels. "Spirit guide" is a term given by new age ...
A vocation1/3/2009
  Q: A nun in the Catholic religion is equivalent to what vocation in the Christian religion? Is there a ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. A nun is basically a single lady who devotes her entire life ...
Was I molested or something?12/5/2008
  Q: Well do you think that I was molested or something,did I tell you about that?
  A: I answered this for you already. No, I do not believe that you were molested. Sexual passions are ...
Is it good for a Christian woman to stay up all night watching TV?12/2/2008
  Q: I am dating a woman who spends have the night awake watching TV. I really think it is effecting her ...
  A: Your gut is telling you right here. All night TV is just a tiny symptom of a very devistating ...
lust/adultry and masturbation11/29/2008
  Q: Firstly I would like to say I come from a christian background, tho I do not think chosing one type ...
  A: First of all, everyone deserves to go to Hell, because we have all sinned in one way or another. ...
Am I not saved anymore?11/23/2008
  Q: Someone just told me that if I had to ask if I am Saved then obviously I am not. I go to an ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. First you need to understand what it takes to be saved. It ...
rebuking in love10/8/2008
  Q: What do you do when you're a servant and God is prompting you to talk to a leader in the church ...
  A: There are a couple of things that I think that you should keep in mind when you confrnt this leader. ...
Demons and the human mind10/7/2008
  Q: I have been searching the scriptures for evidence that demons/angels can put thoughts into our ...
  A: I do believe that Satan can place thoughts in our hearts. That is what happened to Annanias. Acts ...
evolution9/9/2008
  Q: I have been reading and I find that a lot of christians accept the theories of evolution, and that ...
  A: I will not try to explain the vast amounts of science behind creationism, or the incredible lack of ...
praying in tounges8/5/2008
  Q: Recently I was at church I had injured my back my pastor had me come up to the front so he called ...
  A: There are a lot of oppinions about this matter. I have preached a message on this issue. I think ...
Tattoos7/23/2008
  Q: I am not a christian, but I had a question(just out of curiousity). My friend and I are both heavily ...
  A: The Bible does not specifically forbid tattoos. There is a prohabition against recieving marks on ...
hello7/22/2008
  Q: I am a Christian but have always had a few questions. I'd love to get your opinions. 1. If a ...
  A: I will answer each one you have listed briefly. If you need further explanation, please send a ...
Genesis 347/20/2008
  Q: I'm not really sure I understand the importance of being circumcised. In Gen. 34:15 it states "But ...
  A: This is not a rediculous question... it is one that cause some debate in the early church. Before ...
dream about Rapture7/5/2008
  Q: Got a question for you about a dream I had the other night. And was hoping you could help me with ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. I do not believe that your dream was a personal revelation to ...
salvation7/3/2008
  Q: I am a Christian but my mother, dad and my brother are not. They don't believe in God. My ...
  A: I am sorry that I am so late on a response. I am also sorry that your grandparents did not have a ...
Low Spirit6/30/2008
  Q: I've been attending this church for the past 3 years and no spiritual growth has been achieved. I am ...
  A: I am praying for you. Please forgive my late response. I strongly suggest that you have a heart to ...
pastor and standards6/6/2008
  Q: I am going to try to keep this short even though there is so much to it. The pastor of our church ...
  A: I am very sorry that you are going through this. Let us first examine the passage cited to ...
What Does This Dream Mean?5/30/2008
  Q: Ok, last night and the night before last I have had this dream, and in the dream it's the four ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. Your dream sounds like a scene out of an old Movie about the ...
telekenesis4/16/2008
  Q: First off what makes you so sure that the bible is to be taken literaly? Next, taking about ...
  A: I did not think that you were looking for an argument. I am glad that you are sensitive to make ...
sex before marriage, right or wrong?4/6/2008
  Q: I've a boyfriend, he's a christian too. We've been dating for about 5 years now. A lot of problems ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. THere are several things to keep in mind. 1. Sex before ...
Forgiveness2/19/2008
  Q: In the Gospels Jesus went around and forgave many people and they received forgiveness.How did this ...
  A: God had this plan of forgiveness and atonement forged before the world was made. Revelation 13:8 8 ...
Revelation2/1/2008
  Q: just a really quick question, in Revelation it says "revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him ...
  A: Here is the passage inRevelation 1:1-2 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to ...
Lost & Hopeless Marriage1/18/2008
  Q: Don, I married at 23 to an unsaved man even though I was a born again Christian and was raised that ...
  A: I am sorry for what you are going through. Your story is very common. This is why GOd tells us not ...
kent hovind1/4/2008
  Q: I think Kent Hovind is a great person but he has been sent to jail for tax envasion. now there is ...
  A: I actually contacted their staff because of this very reason. I found out that he was targeted by ...
tithing1/1/2008
  Q: I want to ask you about tithing, where does it really go to? we have church building fund and ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. I have not heard of the method you discribe beofore.... Here is ...
query12/24/2007
  Q: As Christians, we believe in the RESURRECTION, not in the hypothesis of reincarnation. But Gnostic ...
  A: I think that it is important to understand why we believe that faith in Jesus is important, even ...
family dispute11/1/2007
  Q: I have a problem, my family always gets together at thanksgiving, we are usually a very close ...
  A: If you have children your answer is simple. You can tell your mother that you cannot be in the same ...
Was Jesus a rabbi?10/12/2007
  Q: there are verses in the bible that call jesus rabbi which i believe means teacher or master. my ...
  A: Jesus was not an official Rabbi holding an office. The religious leadership was at war with Him. ...
wineskin10/11/2007
  Q: can you explain this scripture for me: Matthew 9:16-17 16"No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on ...
  A: Let us consider the context: Matthew 9:14-17 14 Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why ...
Why so much hate?9/22/2007
  Q: Just so we're clear, I am a Christian, have been baptized and am a member of the Mennonite Church. ...
  A: There are two reasons I can think of. FIrst of all, let me remind you that we cannot ever know ...
Confused8/25/2007
  Q: I am a little confused. Is it true that once you become saved by admitting your sins, asking ...
  A: When you were saved, you were saved based upon what Jesus did for you on the cross, not based upon ...
heaven7/26/2007
  Q: I was told that there is different levels in heaven due to our lack or abundance of our obedience ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. There is no darkness in Heaven. Revelation 21:23 23 And the city ...
prophecy5/31/2007
  Q: It's me again. Thanks for the help before. If a person speaks in tongues or full of God's spirit, no ...
  A: It seems on the surface that these folks believe in good core doctrine. If they truely believe that ...
Delicat subject- adult content5/7/2007
  Q: I'm sorry if this question is offensive but been wondering about it and hope you can help me ...
  A: I am sorry for this late resopnse. Thank you for this great question. I do not find this to be ...
Cussing4/26/2007
  Q: I would like to show my granddaughter some Bible verses that deal with cussing....using bad ...
  A: I will first give you an important principle for controling the tongue, then I will give you ...
Follow Up on Validity of the Bible4/13/2007
  Q: I was just wondering if any of the original scriptures still existed. Thank you for your time. ...
  A: There are no original autographa. (The body of writings actually penned by the original scriptural ...
1st. Timothy hapter 54/11/2007
  Q: I do not understand my brothers and sisters plus nieces and nephews. About ten and half years ago I ...
  A: Here is what the Bible says in the passage you cited: 1Ti 5:3 Honour widows that are widows ...
The Validity of the Bible4/10/2007
  Q: I would like to begin with stating that I am a christian and I love God with all my heart and I have ...
  A: I will try to answer this briefly. If you require a more detailed explanation, I will try to help ...
The book of Proverbs3/27/2007
  Q: I have been taught that Proverbs are promises. Now lately, I am hearing that all scripture is to be ...
  A: Think of it this way. Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived was inspired by God to write his ...
what can I do?2/25/2007
  Q: My boyfriend has a family problem right now and it's very serious but I don't know how to help him. ...
  A: You are right that this is not a good situation. We are absolutely guaranteed that if our anger ...
a christian soldier1/24/2007
  Q: I was in a relationship with a 'christian soldier' for three years in which time he treated me worse ...
  A: I am so sorry that you have had your heart broken by this man. I only have a few words of caution ...
rapture1/19/2007
  Q: Where in the bible does it mention the word rapture,and if there is a rapture is it going to happen ...
  A: The word rapture is not found in the Bible. Rapture means a "snatching away". THat concept is ...
Pastors1/5/2007
  Q: Should pastors be treated as an employee of the church? (Elaborate, please.) Thank you!
  A: Here are several thoughts I have on this subject: 1. A pastor should be compensated as an employee ...
Help1/2/2007
  Q: I have been a christian for 6 years now and through the years, there are ups and downs in my walk. ...
  A: You are not alone. The Apostle Paul tells us that he faced the same fierce battle with the flesh. ...
Christianity12/16/2006
  Q: I don't know if you will answer me. My name is Mohamed Khalfan. I am a born Muslim. I wish for a ...
  A: I am so sory for my late response. We had a death in the church and most of my time has been spent ...
Christian Rock?12/8/2006
  Q: I listen to CCM and Christian Rock, but only if the message is scriptural and I can hear the words. ...
  A: I have heard it all. Christian Rock is evil because the beat is contrary to one's heart beat. ...
marriage12/1/2006
  Q: My fiance and I are thinking about getting married on april 6th 2007 in the evening.Is there ...
  A: I do not see anything wrong with getting married on Good Friday. (I believe that Jesus actually ...
Homosexuality11/24/2006
  Q: I am a born again Christian and my son (Jamie) has confessed to me and my husband that he is ...
  A: I am very sorry that you are going through this difficult time. While it is true that everyone ...
divinity of christ11/22/2006
  Q: this is dr Musharrf Ansari here . this is my first time that i m asking u a question as per ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. I hope that my response will be worth your time waiting. There ...
Christmas11/21/2006
  Q: Pastor Carpenter, I have been reading of a growing number of Christian Ministers who are not ...
  A: I believe everything has a cultural context that is defined by society now. Most unbelievers say ...
Blessing Our Leaders11/9/2006
  Q: I am a younger new born Christian of four and a half years. I am attending a church that is just ...
  A: Here is a passage to consider. 1 Timothy 5:17-18 17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy ...
Prayer11/6/2006
  Q: I am a true believer BUT this matter bothers me: In the Lords Prayer we pray "... lead us not into ...
  A: Luke 11:4 4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead ...
Matthew 1811/6/2006
  Q: I was at Church on Sunday night and the young minister (Pastors son)spoke on "Whatever you bind ...
  A: This subject of church discipline is very important and often misunderstood. The goal of church ...
Music10/26/2006
  Q: I'm wondering what your opinion is of Contemporary Christian music. I personally think there's ...
  A: First of all, let me say that my opinion about the music is irrelevant. What matters is what God's ...
suicide and the bible.10/8/2006
  Q: my name is Sandra and i live in Missouri. I really don't even know where to begin. I am 41 and ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. I have been very ill lately and have not been able to come to ...
Why to a God that only says NO10/4/2006
  Q: Why unanswered prayer? I've been asking "why" for ten years. Why was I born deformed? Did God ...
  A: I see you are in an incredible amount of pain. There is no easy answer for your questin. ...
Email9/28/2006
  Q: I'm interested in doctrine and all that but Im more interested in what works. So speak to me like ...
  A: I will answer the last one first. I have been a born again Christian for 36 years. I have seen ...
communion9/21/2006
  Q: Can you give examples of modern day communion. I mean lets face it it's impossible to literally eat ...
  A: I think that perhaps we are very different in our understanding of communion. I do not believe that ...
I Miss Someone So Much!9/9/2006
  Q: God blessed me with a great teacher who understood me very well and strengthed my faith too. He ...
  A: God is teaching you something. He is teaching you to come to His for comfort and for friendship ...
tattos8/30/2006
  Q: Pastor Carpenter, I just read your response to Lynette about tattoos and body piercings. My son ...
  A: I do not believe that the Bible says anything either for or against tatoos. THe amplified bible ...
Is this wrong?8/5/2006
  Q: My best friend and roommate in college sometimes stays the night with her boyfriend. Now, they ...
  A: There are two Biblical principles that make this wrong. 1. God tells us that in order to avoid the ...
church problems8/5/2006
  Q: i have been a member at my church for 8 years and i've grown a lot. i have recently been feeling ...
  A: Scott, Thanks for this heart-wrenching question. I can see that you are in a lot of conflict over ...
forgetful friend7/28/2006
  Q: This isn't the most Earth shaking question in the world, but I'm new to Christian culture. I've ...
  A: I do believe that Satan attacks Christian friendships. is is called, THe Accuser. Revelation ...
Sabbath Day7/24/2006
  Q: Our church has recently gone to a Saturday evening service as well as two Sunday services. I have ...
  A: This happens to be a subject with which I am very familiar, so I hope not to bore you with to many ...
tatoos and body piercings7/21/2006
  Q: What do you believe the bible teaches about these things? I have a hard time accepting that God is ...
  A: There is only one passage that deals directly with this issue, and one might think that it is only ...
Bible on Demons7/20/2006
  Q: What is the Bibical basis for the existence of lesser demons such as succubi and inccubi? Do they ...
  A: I am sorry for this late response to your very good question. Although the Bible does not ...
Unforgivable Sin7/18/2006
  Q: Is it possible for someone to sell their soul to the devil? If so, is this an example of an ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven, that is ...
christian science7/14/2006
  Q: I am studying the christian science faith and was wondering if you could give me the major ...
  A: I will answer this briefly but you can follow up if you wish. 1. The Bible teaches that Jesus is ...
Troubling experiece!7/7/2006
  Q: I would like to first say that I am a full believer in Jesus and everything he said,did,and WILL do! ...
  A: May God bless you as you study His word! First of all, Catholics equate tradition with scripture. ...
My teens faith?6/27/2006
  Q: Pastor Dan, I am having a difficult time with my 13yr old daughter. We had conversation today ...
  A: I believe that you are right to show your daughter that Jesus is beyond rite and ritual, but it is ...
Academic crisis6/19/2006
  Q: how are you? Last time I asked you a question, you answered it really kindly and persuasively, and ...
  A: If the school rules alow you to over ride this decision, then you are within your right. It may or ...
Slick Willie Bible Sales6/12/2006
  Q: My brother has said some disturbing things lately that make me think he should consult our Heavenly ...
  A: Do not argue with him about the version. The King James is much better for him anyway! Alow God's ...
Fasting; Purpose?6/12/2006
  Q: If a person is wanting to repent and be set free of a sin such as overspending or overeating, does ...
  A: You are absolutely right that these things would make a difference. David fasted for repentance and ...
blasphemy6/8/2006
  Q: i was a member of a pentacostal church and saw people speak in tongues.some people i'm not sure were ...
  A: Read through 1 Corinthians 14 and you will see that the Apostle Paul gave some signs that some ...
Anonymously Tipping Parents to Children's Doings6/6/2006
  Q: Is it ever appropriate, from a Christian point of view, to anonymously send a parent a note about ...
  A: The answer is ... YES! ABSOLUTELY! We parents need input from outside observers from time to time. ...
Old Law/New Law6/5/2006
  Q: Greetings Pastor Carpenter, My question is in regards to old testament Laws. Are they no ...
  A: You are very right to be concerned anytime that someone says that the Bible no longer applies. The ...
genesis8;225/21/2006
  Q: god says he will never destroy the world ever again.That there will always be ...
  A: Genesis 8:21-22 21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not ...
Creation5/19/2006
  Q: When God created everything except man why does it say God Created.... But when He created man He ...
  A: Here is the passage to which you refer: Genesis 1:26-27 26 And God said, Let us make man in our ...
Good Friday4/15/2006
  Q: I'm 15 and i need a question answered about good friday. Yesterday was Good Friday and i absolutely ...
  A: The answer might shock you. The Bible does not teach that you should not eat red meat from Good ...
tithing4/14/2006
  Q: I am fully convinced regarding tithing. My question is what denominations do not have tithing as ...
  A: I am not sure what specific denominations do NOT teach the Biblical doctrine of titihing. I believe ...
Conflict with personal beliefs and work11/18/2005
  Q: I am a Labor & Delivery Nurse and believe myself very fortunate to take part in the birth of new ...
  A: As you may imagine, I believe that abortion for convenience sake is murder. If the baby WILL NOT ...
marry11/3/2005
  Q: if the bible is so clear on divroce and remarrying why is there so much of it in the church? i am a ...
  A: Matthew 19:3-11 3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful ...
Need a word from God ?10/30/2005
  Q: Concering my marriage it's been so hard for me since I have a calling on my life, these marriage ...
  A: I do believe that I have a WOrd from God for you. I asked God guidence regarding your specific ...
Pornography9/12/2005
  Q: I recently found myself in a conversation/debate with someone and pornography came up as topic. I ...
  A: Jesus said that if you look with lust after a woman, then you are committing adultery in your heart. ...
Possibly an odd question4/25/2005
  Q: I am a new Christian and I am trying to do things as I think God would want me to. I understand I ...
  A: God has given us the government in order to enforce laws. There is nothing wrong with you appealing ...
HELP4/18/2005
  Q: I am very upset. After being Catholic my entire life I have become Baptist. I am 26 years old, I ...
  A: I see that you are torn, because you want to obey the scriptures, but it would seem to you that you ...
cremation2/7/2005
  Q: Pastor Don, I understand that cremation of the dead body is prohibited in catholicism, is that true ...
  A: The Bible does not prohibit or condone cremation. I have made it a policy that where the Bible is ...
In need of convincing1/24/2005
  Q: I'm addressing this question to you even though I could have asked any other volunteer in this ...
  A: I believe that you are making a common mistake. You seem to be equating a good emotional experience ...
help1/16/2005
  Q: I am a Christian for about 3 years already and right now in my life I feel that I am most ...
  A: Please forgive my very tardy response. Here are a few things to keep in mind. 1. You must be ...
The songs that we listen to1/10/2005
  Q: I'm a young Christian woman and I'm ashamed to say that I like listening to music like Eminem, DMX. ...
  A: I have heard it said that music is the window to one's soul. With that in mind let us consider a ...
engagement1/7/2005
  Q: When is engagement appropiate? Can you give me as much information on this subject as possible? I am ...
  A: In the Bible, engagement is granted to the groom to be after he gets permission from the father of ...
More questions12/29/2004
  Q: I have more questions as a result of the answers you gave me. 1. What is the Holy Spirit? Why ...
  A: I am happy to answer any of your questions.... but please understand these are not my personal ...
Christian theology12/23/2004
  Q: Paston Carpenter, I have some basic questions about Christian theology. They are in no way intent ...
  A: ...please forgive my slow response...it is busy this time of year. One could write volumes in ...
Rich and a Christian?11/21/2004
  Q: I was wondering if one can be a Christian and wealthy. In my reading of the Gospels it seems ...
  A: The very simple answer is ithat it is not Having the riches that is the problem, but rather, SERVING ...
Be ye not unequally yoked10/20/2004
  Q: Pastor, Does the command to not be unequally yoked found in 2 Corinthians 6:14 apply to a business ...
  A: Let us look at the context of this verse. I think that the interpretation will be clear; 2 ...
forgiving9/13/2004
  Q: I am wondering if I should call my friend,called Ben to a full reconciliation.(He's my friend,not ...
  A: A very wise pastor once told me "Forgiveness is commanded by God, trust is earned." If you have ...
tithes8/1/2004
  Q: i'm still waiting for a response as to where i'm in error The first time that tithing appears in the ...
  A: Rocky, thanks for your detailed response and input. Obviously we do not agree on this issue, and I ...
homosexuality5/28/2004
  Q: i understand that the traditional church teachings on the subject of homosexuality has been negative ...
  A: Let me try to respond briefly with some scriptures to meditate upon. 1. First of all, my oppinion, ...
unclean places5/24/2004
  Q: What can a person do when he/she comes to a place (a house or hotel room etc.) where he/she suspects ...
  A: Let me answer your second question first. Exodus 20:1-4 And God spake all these words, saying, 2 ...
House of Eli12/14/2003
  Q: In 1 Samuel 3:14, the house of Eli was punished for the sins the two sons committed, and the reason ...
  A: It is important when interpreting scripture that we understand the entire context of the passage in ...
child convert9/3/2003
  Q: Pastor Don, Many people come to faith in Christ at childhood.I want ask you what can happen in this ...
  A: My wife had the experience similar to your scenario. She was saved as a child, during a visit to a ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Don Carpenter

Top Expert on this page