Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Evangelist Matthew Starrs

SubjectDate Asked
salvation for a sinner?4/1/2009
  Q: My son was in his 20's when he died as a passenger in a car accident. He was baptized young and WAS ...
  A: Hey Donna. I am really sorry to hear of your loss. Unfortunately I cannot answer your question with ...
advice....3/24/2009
  Q: I am a 26 year old man in need of your advice. I believe GOD has a plan for my life and something ...
  A: Firstly you MUST understand this . . . very few people have any idea about their destiny and God's ...
REPENT AND BELIEVE3/2/2009
  Q: Name Priscilla IM 32 YEARS OLD AND A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN SINCE 09 OCTOBER 2008, BEFORE SALVATION I ...
  A: Are you a part of a local church? You need a leader in your life, but not your mother. You are 32 ...
relationship2/22/2009
  Q: me and girlfriend have become christians sometimes i stay at her house where i sleep in the same bed ...
  A: Essentially you are doing nothing wrong, however there are three reasons why this is still sin. ...
marriage1/26/2009
  Q: "I'm a Christian but rather still "new" in the lord. Back in 2005 I met a man who was from another ...
  A: Wow! You summed it up really well. I find it hard to argue with your assessment. Were you stupid? ...
Salvation.1/22/2009
  Q: This is so confusing and it's worrying me to death,it makes me want to commit suicide.I can't take ...
  A: Yep. We all find it hard sometimes. I think you would do better if you did three things: 1. Cut ...
Salvation?1/20/2009
  Q: Well now I am confused.How do you get saved? ANSWER: Your asking the wrong question. Try "what does ...
  A: Well, you have not really been listening. I guess if you are asking lots of people if you are saved ...
Am I saved or not?1/19/2009
  Q: I was thinking today and it bothered me about my salvation because I am unsure about it. I said the ...
  A: The thing about salvation is that it is received by faith. No-one can answer this question for you ...
lust/adultry and masturbation11/29/2008
  Q: Firstly I would like to say I come from a christian background, tho I do not think chosing one type ...
  A: Sorry that you thought my answer was a bit rude. I was certainly not about to tickle your ears by ...
Am I a straight person?10/29/2008
  Q: But now I was just watching some lesbian porn and I was thinking about how good that would feel and ...
  A: I have to say, this is the longest and most repetitive question I have ever been asked. I found it ...
Adam and his descendants10/18/2008
  Q: I would like to know if Adam and his descendants,before the law was written, went to Heaven when ...
  A: The scriptures do answer this question, however the way they do it leaves some room for variations ...
how to remain positive in my relationship with my step son8/10/2008
  Q: I have a 16 1/2 yr old step son. We have had partial custody of him since he was 7 yrs old. I have ...
  A: I am pretty sure you already know the answer to this. Your Step Son needs you to step up and take a ...
christian living10/6/2007
  Q: you responsible for your word
  A: Your name is very unusual for me. I assume that you are from a non-English speaking background from ...
Please help8/25/2007
  Q: I have been having a "friendly" debate on homosexuality on a board online, I have always been taught ...
  A: I have read the Dr Laura thing a few times before, Yes it is a bit of a chuckle, but unfortunately ...
Conflict6/25/2007
  Q: Starrs, I am sending a copy of a letter that I believe is self explainitory. I would like your ...
  A: You ask: I would like your opinion of what should be my next step with regard to the conflict with ...
giving everything to christ5/5/2007
  Q: I've been a Christian for a year and a half but I'm too afraid to give everything to Jesus My life) ...
  A: Sorry to take so long getting back to you. Just got back from India. You are actually in a very good ...
questions about Christian belief4/11/2007
  Q: I am writing an essay about a difficult subject and would appreciate your insight. I have been ...
  A: I think that the spiritual consequences are the easier consequences to identify in this scenario. ...
Healing4/9/2007
  Q: In the Bible we read that everyone who came to Jesus was healed. Why don't we see this in our times. ...
  A: Do you realise that your opening statement was infact incorrect? You said: "In the Bible we read ...
Easter in the Bible4/8/2007
  Q: Can you give me a reason why the word Easter is in only found in the KJV of the Bible and all other ...
  A: Great question Sydney. The short answer is that the writers of the KJV got it wrong. The word ...
Artificially Christified4/6/2007
  Q: My ex, but still my closest friend had studied the Bible many years in her country of China. She ...
  A: Your friend doesn't need testimonies or "proof" of God. Even if you gave them to her she still would ...
God's calling?2/7/2007
  Q: Hi, I am a christian I received Christ as my savior about seven years ago. I always believed in ...
  A: I would need to spend a large amount of time to fully explain this, but in short I really don't want ...
To Give or Not to Give?1/11/2007
  Q: .. Just a general question I have. I was discussing w/ some of my Christian friends and I asked ...
  A: In my opinion giving money is rarely the best way to give to the poor. However, it is the most ...
Help1/2/2007
  Q: I have been a christian for 6 years now and through the years, there are ups and downs in my walk. ...
  A: Theres two ways to approach your situation. One is too complex and in your face for a stranger to do ...
help12/7/2006
  Q: my question is complicated but i hope you can help. How come the catholic have people who have the ...
  A: I don't like being critical of Denominations that I am not a part of, but I should stress that there ...
Relationships11/15/2006
  Q: I am an unsaved man, not a believer but neither a non believer as well. You could say I am fence ...
  A: If you asked more than one expert this question I expect they will have given you the answer that I ...
controling church11/11/2006
  Q: .i have been saved for about 4 months now and i see how god is working in my life..i go to a church ...
  A: Sorry that you have experienced this so soon in your journey. One thing is sure - you will find it ...
Conversion10/22/2006
  Q: I am a teenage girl who is a former Christian. I was wondering about the policy of conversion. I ...
  A: let's ask a similar question that might help us to get a clear answer. First we need to make just ...
common law marriage9/19/2006
  Q: Recently I have left the Catholic church to begin attending an Evangelical church where I felt I ...
  A: Sorry Amy, I am not a spokesperson for the Evangelical Churches. (I think you will find that there ...
SCARED7/23/2006
  Q: My husband and I are active in our Church, we have been a for a few years. This year we are taking ...
  A: In my church simply having a felony in ones history would not be enough to exclude them from any ...
PLEASE HELP ME6/2/2006
  Q: We had a tree fall THROUGH our house, it has been a very hard time. We are Christians, but I have ...
  A: I have good news and bad news. First the good news. You are not "doomed to hell for being mad at ...
Bible knowledge2/4/2006
  Q: Where was Daniel when the King was asking the people of the land to bow down to the statue? The 3 ...
  A: If anybody is reading this besides Louise, I will let you in on some inside info . . . Louise is my ...
I need your help. i was...12/28/2005
  Q: I need your help. i was called to preach. i talked with my pastor about it, and prayed And i was ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your problem. Let me tell you that you are not alone. There are a lot of people ...
Christian Living8/7/2005
  Q: I am contacting you because I have a concern that needs attention from an expert, such as yourself. ...
  A: I have a lot to say about this matter, but I do not think that you will be in agreement with me. The ...
My love for God4/29/2005
  Q: i know i sound silly but i feel that my love for God is not as strong as it was in the beginning.I ...
  A: The answer to your question is . . . . YES! This is very normal. Read the Song of Solomon in your ...
HELPS4/18/2005
  Q: I am very upset. After being Catholic my entire life I have become Baptist. I am 26 years old, I ...
  A: Do you really think that the history of yor husband is more powerful than the blood of Jesus? Were ...
divorce4/15/2005
  Q: We need the Biblical position on a problem please: our friend's wife has walked out, absolutely no ...
  A: I suspect this is the same situation that I addressed recently. If not let me know and I will ...
hi there, I am very troubled...1/20/2005
  Q: I am very troubled lately.Mainly due to my relationship with God. There was this problem that ...
  A: Life is full of these things, and there are no easy answers. One thing that you need to learn. ...
help1/16/2005
  Q: I am a Christian for about 3 years already and right now in my life I feel that I am most ...
  A: You are right. You are in spiritual danger. Not because of your sin, but because you think that your ...
What job should I take?10/12/2004
  Q: I am a Chinese residing in Singapore. I'm 32 of age and male. I resigned from teaching in a public ...
  A: It sounds like you are faced with some tough decisions. It's not easy to contemplate spending a ...
Baptism & Obeying9/10/2004
  Q: I am very troubled by my own spiritual condition. It's like I feel I have reached a plateau and I ...
  A: Sounds like you are not in a good way. If it is any comfort - don't be too stressed! All of us find ...
Very sad girl here.8/13/2004
  Q: I am a 25-year-old who sometimes wonders why we all continue to go through the motions. Let me ...
  A: I am not sure that I am going to tell you anything that you are looking to hear. It sounds like your ...
God7/28/2004
  Q: Matthew Perhaps you can address my particular quandary. I don't have a fix on 'God', and don't see ...
  A: Tony, Thanks for your blatant honesty, and sorry for taking so long to reply. I have been busy, but ...
Hi there,I would like to ask...6/23/2004
  Q: I would like to ask if it's okay for Christians to do a makeover by plastic surgery,be it ...
  A: Sorry I did not respond sooner. I have been thinking about how to answer your questions. There is ...
regrets too late?6/18/2004
  Q: I would like to ask you something.I read in Numbers that after the Israelites got to know that God ...
  A: What a great question! I wish more people would ask questions like this. It is very important to ...
relationships5/30/2004
  Q: We all know that God forbids homosexual acts but loves homosexual persons. If a homosexual couple in ...
  A: Your question is a good one because it gets to the heart of the controversy over homosexuality and ...
homosexuality5/28/2004
  Q: i understand that the traditional church teachings on the subject of homosexuality has been negative ...
  A: I am not sure if you are the same Mary that I just replied to . . . but just in case you are not I ...
unclean places5/24/2004
  Q: What can a person do when he/she comes to a place (a house or hotel room etc.) where he/she suspects ...
  A: Sorry for taking so long to reply. If you are not a Christian you should leave the area immediately. ...
church search9/5/2003
  Q: I'm looking for a church with similar beliefs to my own. Here is a list of my convictions. 1.The God ...
  A: I am not sure if I can help you. There are very few denominations that hold doctrine so tightly that ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Evangelist Matthew Starrs

Top Expert on this page