Christianity -- Christian Living/Questions Answered by Expert Dr Eddy Cheong

SubjectDate Asked
alters11/25/2013
  Q: We are being asked to have family alters, pray over our families place a seed offering then take the ...
  A: I am not familiar with family altars in your culture and context but in places where I live (Asia) ...
Relative status of some of the Ten Commandments2/29/2012
  Q: I was watching a reality TV show recently that dealt with police action. In one of the incidents ...
  A: Richard, I think you have valid concerns and I will endeavour to answer the questions one by one: I ...
Short Answer 42/15/2012
  Q: Would you agree with my short answer to the following question? Why I should be a Christian? ...
  A: Well for one thing hell is very real.. Many times in the Gospels, our Lord Jesus taught about ...
About criminal accepted God2/7/2012
  Q: 1 of the 2 criminals crucified with Jesus believed in God after being together being in the process ...
  A: The Bible says that Jesus (and the two thieves) were crucified at 9 am... Mark 15:25-28 25 Now it ...
Thanks giving for Unsaved1/29/2012
  Q: It is common among Christians to conduct Thanks-giving services for the loved ones departed with the ...
  A: There is totally no scriptural basis for a thanksgiving service for a departed one, whether saved or ...
salvation1/11/2012
  Q: If there is no heaven or hell, then explain salvation to me? I believe he died to save our souls ...
  A: Who said that there is no heaven or hell? Many times in the Gospels, our Lord Jesus taught about ...
a7/13/2011
  Q: How do you explain the absence of gifted people like Peter so described in Acts 5:15 &16?
  A: Acts 15:6-16 6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, ...
Born Again6/28/2011
  Q: Can a person be "Born Again" more than once?
  A: Nihal, I have one more thing to add.. Hebrews 6 4 It is impossible for those who have once been ...
Bride of Christ6/26/2011
  Q: Which is bride the of Christ, The new Testament Church or the New Jerusalem?
  A: Revelation 21:2 New Living Translation (NLT) 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming ...
FALSE TESTIMONIES6/12/2011
  Q: It is seen as a common practice many Christians testify & praise God amidst gatherings – For ...
  A: I will answer your question with two verses, viz Gal 1:8-9 if we or an angel from heaven should ...
great tribulation3/1/2011
  Q: I was wondering what the purpose of the great tribulation is and who it is meant for. I know the ...
  A: One thing is certain i.e. the Born Again Christians (I use the word 'Born Again' because there are ...
AA3/1/2011
  Q: I am a recovering drug addict and alcoholic. What I am wondering is this: In AA we are taught that ...
  A: The Bible is very clear that there are other gods in our universe and prayers to these other gods ...
The Devil & The World12/18/2010
  Q: Is it true that satan is the "Prince of this World"? I think Jesus said it in John; John 12:31 & ...
  A: Satan prince of this world Bible scholars believe that Satan was called Lucifer before the fall of ...
theo12/7/2010
  Q: how to live the word of god for us as a student?
  A: I am not too sure I get your question correctly. Living according to the principles taught in the ...
Baptisim, Christian Appearance, and Miscallaneous questions11/30/2010
  Q: I just finish reading your article on "Water Baptism" I know that God says there is only "one ...
  A: I have explained in detail the principles of salvation, water baptism and Baptism of the Holy Spirit ...
Grace and Law?11/27/2010
  Q: Eddy Cheong There is this prominent subject or topic in the Church which is, Grace and the Law. I ...
  A: The dispensation of Law was from Moses till the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. ...
Friends11/25/2010
  Q: Greetings. My name is Eric and I believe at least that I am a disciple of Christ. My question is: ...
  A: BE NOT UNEQUALLY YOKED There is no Scripture prohibiting Christians from associating with Non ...
Why Would JESUS Do That ?11/24/2010
  Q: Cheong From: NKJV In Luke 9:3 And HE said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither bread, ...
  A: If you read Mark 6:5-11 below carefully, you would find the answers to your question, viz, a) The ...
Is God so unfair?11/3/2010
  Q: Why is God so unfair? I am chinese and 90% of my friends and relatives grew up without knowing God ...
  A: Wendy, I am also chinese but I had to come to Christ through repentence and faith just like what ...
Marriage5/12/2010
  Q: What exactly does the bible say about marriage between cousins? I have been looking through the ...
  A: QUESTION What exactly does the bible say about marriage between cousins? I have been looking through ...
sexual immorality4/23/2010
  Q: is sleeping in the same room with your fiancee wrong? heres the scenario my fiance is a part time ...
  A: There are two issues here. The first issue concerns exposing yourselves to temptation. When we ...
abusive Mother3/16/2010
  Q: I am writing this in an effort to gain more of a biblical perspective as to my relationship with my ...
  A: Justin, sorry I do not have any Scriptures which advises children to 'walk away' from their parents. ...
unforgivible sin3/9/2010
  Q: ive asked many people about the unforgivible sin "blasphemy against the holy spirit" i asked why ...
  A: Matthew 12:31-32 (New International Version) 31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be ...
Psychics3/2/2010
  Q: What does The Holy Bible say about people who can speak to spirits and claim they are psychics? ...
  A: Isaiah:19, 20 below clearly states that there is one true God that men can enquire of; the other ...
Spiritual warfare and demonic posession2/26/2010
  Q: First I will say that I am a born again Christian and have an active role in my church and with ...
  A: To answer your question briefly, I would like to mention that not all sicknesses are the result of ...
Dating a "baby" Christian11/10/2009
  Q: How can you tell when it's okay to date a baby Christian? I'm dating a guy right now and we're ...
  A: ANSWER The Bible expressly forbids a Christian marrying a Non Christian. No stronger terms can be ...
Biblical jesus10/23/2009
  Q: I have read through the bible and recently re-read through the New Testament. I think Jesus brings ...
  A: There are all kinds of "christians" in this world and the really true christians are those who teach ...
meaning of verse10/7/2009
  Q: Song of Solomon Chapter 2 Verse 3 Can you tell me what this verse means
  A: Song 2:3 3 Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my lover among the young men. I ...
end times9/28/2009
  Q: Dr. Cheong: Great answers on past questions. You have good insight. My question is this: How do you ...
  A: Dr. Cheong: Great answers on past questions. You have good insight. My question is this: How ...
Promised Land9/9/2009
  Q: Eddy, I understand that only Caleb and Joshua entered the promised land with their families as the ...
  A: The correct answer should be all the tribes had an inheritance in the Promised Land except the ...
The Bible9/3/2009
  Q: How do you interpret John 14:21-23? If Christ has not 'manifested Himself' to a person, where does ...
  A: Passage John 14:21-23: 21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth ...
Heirs8/17/2009
  Q: Eddy, Can you please let me know what is 'heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,' Romans 8:17. What ...
  A: Rom 8:15-17 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you ...
Where do you draw the line?8/13/2009
  Q: I have a question. My wife is on a "prayer chain" which I think is great. You don't see many of ...
  A: I think a short answer to your long question would be "We ought to pray or intercede for those whom ...
moderation6/5/2009
  Q: pls, what do you know about moderation in christian living.
  A: There are no moderate christians in the New Testament... Matt 10:35-37 35 For I have come to turn ...
Pre-marital cohibition and sex4/17/2009
  Q: My girlfriend and I have been together for a year, and are both Christian. One of the biggest ...
  A: ANSWER The bIble has no grey areas with regards to your question. Nelson’s Bible Dictionary clearly ...
1)chosen people 2) tiths2/8/2009
  Q: 1)the Jews were nomadic &less developed, talents like King Solomon & David, China has plenty, Why ...
  A: QUESTION FROM THE INTERNET The Jews were nomadic &less developed, talents like King Solomon & David, ...
Turn ons12/14/2008
  Q: Is it ok to look at swimsuit models/do a pictorial timeline of them? I also think of them as ...
  A: The Bible is replete with Scriptures relating lust with the eyes... Numbers 15:39 You will have ...
Would i be a bad Christian if i had my Bazaar on a Sunday10/26/2008
  Q: i am Dan, age 13 and i try to be a really good Christian because i love God.My sister,mum and dad ...
  A: The reason the early church observed the first day of the week i.e. sunday as the day of worship is ...
Love10/24/2008
  Q: Where can i find a quotation something like Love is to love someone, not in spite of their flaws, ...
  A: First of all let me explain that the english word "love" has different meanings and connotations in ...
Bad things to good people10/22/2008
  Q: Hallo, My i am struggling with trying to understand God's way right now. I am a believer and have ...
  A: Kenneth, the Bible does not have all the answers to all our encounters, trials and tribulations ...
oral sex between married christian8/7/2008
  Q: is it a sin to have oral sex between married christtian couples? and if so where in the bible does ...
  A: Any form of sex outside the marriage covenant is obviously wrong from a biblical standpoint ...
salvation7/3/2008
  Q: Dr. Cheong I am a Christian but my mother, dad and my brother are not. They don't believe in God. My ...
  A: The bible expressedly says that there is no salvation after death.. Heb 9:27-28 27 And as it is ...
Bible answer6/19/2008
  Q: I have a question. Is there anything in the holy bible that said about punishment to those who leave ...
  A: The bible is very clear that if a Born Again Christian renounces his or her faith, they cannot come ...
matthew 15:244/16/2008
  Q: I read this verse today and I am very sad. I am sure there is an answer.I know Christ died for ...
  A: Matt 15:24 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." NIV The Lord's first ...
Sharing one another's burdens3/16/2008
  Q: Is it appropriate for a man to bring pre-existing issues into a relationship and expect the woman to ...
  A: It is true that the Bible commands us to do good especially for the household of God.. Galatians ...
Sabbath day STILL active ?1/28/2008
  Q: Why does Jesus use the word "Sabbath" in New Testament? If we (New Testament generation) no longer ...
  A: What is the Sabbath? The hebrew for Sabbath is Shabbath meaning intermission or cessation from ...
Pre-marital sex1/17/2008
  Q: If a couple has sex before marriage do they have to get married?
  A: Fornicaton is sexual sin and the Bible is clear that fornicators do not enter the Kingdom of God.. ...
query12/24/2007
  Q: As Christians, we believe in the RESURRECTION, not in the hypothesis of reincarnation. But Gnostic ...
  A: John 14:6 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father ...
Questions11/10/2007
  Q: 1. DOes the bible reflect a "possibility" of re-incarnation. If so where, and how. If not, where ...
  A: There is no possibility of re incarnation as the bible clearly states that.. Hebrews 9:27 (New ...
The Curse and Death11/7/2007
  Q: I have a question and you seem the best among the experts to answer it. In the beginning, God ...
  A: I may not be the best among the experts but here goes my explanation.. The creation of Adam and Eve ...
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!10/30/2007
  Q: Eddy Cheong, I have a few questions to ask you.Our bodies, designed by ...
  A: Jacqueline, your question is rather long. But a short reply would go as follows: 1. First of all the ...
Marriage9/23/2007
  Q: Was Jesus Christ marry?
  A: Our Lord Jesus was never married. Paul and our Lord are notable examples of those who are called to ...
advice6/14/2007
  Q: . We stayed with my inlaws wehen we were first married because we did not haveany money to afford a ...
  A: A christian can be persecuted because of his or her faith John 15:20 (New International Version) New ...
how to get out of the abuse chain11/18/2006
  Q: I want to know why i m so addicted in abuse relationship, i v been in this kind all my life, but now ...
  A: From your description I gather that your boyfriend is not a born again christian.. 2 Cor 6:14-16 14 ...
Going to Church11/12/2006
  Q: A man/fathers says he is a Christian yet his actions go against everything that the Bible teaches. ...
  A: The Lord Jesus defines a child of God (true follower) as one who does the Will of the Father.. Matt ...
Blessing Our Leaders11/9/2006
  Q: Cheong, I am a younger new born Christian of four and a half years. I am attending a church that ...
  A: The Bible commands us to pray for those in secular authority and those with spiritual authority: ...
Pork10/23/2006
  Q: I would like to know the truth about Christians eating pork. My wife and I were watching a Christian ...
  A: Eric, You are referring to the Levitical Law pronounced below… Lev 11:6-8 7 And the pig, though it ...
Secular Music10/17/2006
  Q: Is it okay to sing or include in the "Praise and Worship program" about secular music with changed ...
  A: Aby, music itself is a neutral medium of expression and some secular songs do not have any spiritual ...
life mapped out9/15/2006
  Q: has GOD got our lives mapped out for us, my pal says GOD already has your life planned if you are to ...
  A: Calvinists and Arminists have locked horns over the contentious issue of God’s Sovereignty vs Man’s ...
sexuality3/15/2006
  Q: Was David and Jonathan gay? How does their relationship compare with the relationship between the 2 ...
  A: 1 Sam 20:16-17 16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even ...
Glorifying God1/19/2006
  Q: The Bible says that we are to glorify God in everything that we do. If this is the case, is it a sin ...
  A: I think your question is very relevant. You must be referring to the verse below... 1 Cor 10:31 31 ...
Tithing and Grace Giving12/4/2005
  Q: I found your article on New Testament Giving to be of great help in my current research of the ...
  A: There are some good material on the internet but you need to study them with spiritual discerment ...
Confession.9/27/2005
  Q: Is it true that if I don't confess every one of my sins that my soul will be lost when I die?
  A: To answer your question, let us first examine the lives of King Saul and Judas Iscariot, two ...
Christian Ethic8/30/2005
  Q: Why is it that being exposed naked in public considered immoral or sinful? I have looked at some ...
  A: The last paragraph statement about clothing being man's way perhaps is not wholly correct because ...
"War"5/24/2005
  Q: I'm having trouble understanding the reasoning behind our involvement in the Middle East. It's ...
  A: WAR IN THE CHRISTIAN CONTEXT Let us first examine the subject of ‘War' in the Old Testament ...
Purpose?3/20/2005
  Q: Dr. What is the purpose of Gods salvation? Why does He offer it, and to what means and end? Dr. B.
  A: God's purpose for salvation can be summed up in the verse John 3:16... John 3:16-17 16 "For God so ...
drug use and Christianity3/9/2005
  Q: Dr Cheong, an older friend of mine seems convinced that the use of marijuana (being an herb) is ...
  A: The word "witchcraft" is from the greek word "farmakeiva" transliterated word "pharmakeia" (Strong's ...
Homosexuality2/26/2005
  Q: Could you possible direct me to the specific parts of bible text which admonish homosexuality. In ...
  A: In the early chapters of Genesis God's will for Mankind was clearly enunciated.. Gen 1:27-28 27 So ...
Baptism11/22/2004
  Q: I don't know if I can fit it in here. I have been struggling to prove the concept of infant baptism ...
  A: I have written an article on water baptism on my web page and it is appended below. I trust that it ...
Covering onself before the Lord7/21/2004
  Q: I feel a tug on my heart.. In the Bible (old testament) when the people came to pray to the Lord ...
  A: Below please find an article on veiling which I wrote. I hope it answers your question... VEILING 1 ...
relationships5/30/2004
  Q: We all know that God forbids homosexual acts but loves homosexual persons. If a homosexual couple in ...
  A: Homosexuality is anathema to God... Rom 1:24-27 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful ...
Salvation.5/27/2004
  Q: Is Ephesians 5 : 19 "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and ...
  A: Is Ephesians 5 : 19 "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and ...
unclean places5/24/2004
  Q: What can a person do when he/she comes to a place (a house or hotel room etc.) where he/she suspects ...
  A: A Christian's walk is directed by the Lord and God will empower the Christian to deal with a ...
church courts4/2/2004
  Q: Cheong, I have recently been in some financial disagreements with other believers. My church has not ...
  A: What you are saying is Scriptural in that we should bring unresolved issues to the church for ...

All Questions in This Category

Christianity -- Christian Living

Dr Eddy Cheong

Top Expert on this page