Christianity--Church History/church library

Pastor, my local church, the End of The Time Gospel Ministry,Ghana, has come to the knowledge of how extensive reading can help us in the knowledge of Christ Jesus. therefore the church has decided to establish a library for the church. we want to know, what book types are recommended and also, how you help us vent for more books for the library for Christ's sake? thank you.

Dear Michael,

I rejoice in your interest and desire to know HIM better! Reading The Scriptures is THE MOST beneficial reading that you can do to accomplish this. Beware of the writings, commentaries and indoctrinations of men through their books, etc!

Until you know and understand the relevance of ALL sixty six books of The Holy Scriptures, that not only informs you of MESSIAH and YHWH, but also exposes the non-scriptural practices of traditional Christianity, you are at the mercy of every whim of doctrine coming down the road!

These were enough for ALL of those who we read about in Scriptures! There was no New Testament for those who we read about in it! They only had The Scriptures from Genesis through Malachi! And those were enough for Paul and for Timothy! Consider;

2Ti 3:14-17 NASB
(14)  You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
(15)  and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(16)  All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
(17)  so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

My wife and I used to own and operate a Christian bookstore. That is when I first became aware of the potential for confusion to operate among believers who tend to place too much confidence in what man says and NOT ENOUGH CONFIDENCE in what YHWH says!

Be wise! Study to show yourself approved as Paul suggests again;

2Ti 2:15  Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16  But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness..." Remember that when Paul wrote the above, that there was NO New Testament! He was referring to The Scriptures available at that time!  

May you be blessed in all that you do as you walk in HIS Truth according to HIS SPIRIT!

Pastor Ron

Christianity--Church History

Pastor Ron

I have studied the Early Church and the writings of the Church Fathers extensively. Studying the Biblical mandates for believers throughout the Holy Scriptures as well as those practices that are not biblical began as a hobby for me years ago, but has since become my passion. I feel adequate to be able to answer questions related to the origin of many, if not most of the practices of Evangelicalism. I may not be able to answer specific questions that are related to Denominational practices, as my experience in Denominational settings is limited.

I have taught Church History and courses relating to the origins and practices of traditional Christianity for several years in Bible Colleges. I have researched and produced numerous teachings on those topics for radio and internet nationally. I continue to research, teach and record resources relevant to Biblical Christianity, Messianic Judaism and the necessity for Biblical consistency on a weekly basis.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Studies.