Christianity--Church History/pacifism

Why and when did the "Churches of Christ" renounce pacifism and opt for war?

This occurred after World War II and gained impetus after that period. James D. Bales had been a pacifist who became a nonpacifist during the anti-communist days of Harding University under George Benson although the founder Harding himself was an ardent pacifist. The change of Bales was the final major event bringing the end of pacifism in churches of Christ. Am I the only one who has not changed?

Christianity--Church History

Daniel Keeran

Can answer questions about: Christianity, church history, developmental theology, historical theology, papacy, celibacy, early gnosticism, baptism,eucharist,pacifism,care for the poor,Jesus and wealth,original sin,heaven and hell, atonement - sacrifice of Christ,the gospel of Christ,nature of God,Holy Spirit,deity of Christ,prayer, developing a relationship with God,messianic prophecy,biblical sexuality,forgiveness,grace

I have taught Bible and Christianity since 1972, have been involved in social work and counselor training for over 30 years. I have also authored a number of titles on early Christianity and baptismal practice.

Founder of assisting Christians to establish meetings in their community where anyone can discuss questions of faith and spirituality.

I have published the following books: Radical Christianity: Peace and Justice in the New Testament,Loss and Grief Counseling Skills, Ancient and Medieval Baptismal Fonts,Christian Terrorism,Absurdities of Atheism,Counseling Manual for People Seeking Help, The Lost Mystery of Baptism, Personal Recovery Journal,Effective Counseling Skills,Easy Guide To Counseling Skills,Personal Counseling Journal

I am a graduate of David Lipscomb University (BA, Biblical Literature and European History), the University of Kentucky (MA, European History), and Kent School of Social Work, University of Louisville (MSW, Clinical Social Work).