Christianity--Church History/Forgiveness versus Justification

QUESTION: Hello, my name is James. The premises of my question are these: 1) Through faith (true and living faith) in Christ we have, not just forgiveness but justification; 2) Justification is not just the state of being forgiven (our sins pardoned) but also of being legally (in the sight of God) clothed (imputed) with the justness of Jesus in terms of his obedient life even unto death. Based on these two premises, my question is this: Is it enough to simply be forgiven in order to be accepted by the Father and be heirs of eternal life, or is it also necessary that we should be clothed with his perfect righteousness, and if so, then why? The why part of this question is the critical piece. Thank you so much. James

ANSWER: Dear James,
Great question!
The answer is "Yes" we should be clothed with Messiah YAHSHUA! Who is the righteousness of YAH...
Rom 13:14    But put ye on the Master YAHSHUA Messiah, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. (We have a part in the process)

What I am referring to is the concept of holiness being demonstrated in and through the believer as the (Holy, I prefer referring to Him as the "SET-APART SPIRIT", since "Holi" is the name used by a false deity), is transforming that believer as stated in
2Co 3:18    But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Master are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Master"
This, we are commanded to accomplish. Not by our own power, but by and through HIS power. Though we have a part in the matter; to allow HIM to do so...
Lev 20:7  Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
1Pe 1:15  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

YAH has given HIS Commands. HE has written on the hearts/minds of those who are the recipients of HIS New Covenant, and has promised to empower those who receive HIS SPIRIT to walk in them, thus proving that righteousness is occurring!

Jer 31:33    But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eze 36:26    A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27    And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

1Co 11:24    And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:25    After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the NEW COVENANT in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:26    For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Master's death till he come.
1Co 11:27    Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Master unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Master."

Keep in mind that the Corinthians were here being taught as New Covenant keepers, were predominantly Gentiles, positioned as recipients of HIS promises above by faith...
AND that Paul is admonishing them to walk in holiness so as NOT to be judged by partaking of Passover unworthily!

Praying HIS blessings on you and upon all who seek HIS TRUTH,

Pastor Ron

QUESTION: Hi, Pastor Ron. You have supplied abundant reasons for why righteousness in the manner of our actions is needed, but I would like to know why righteousness by faith is needed. Could you tell me why we need to receive Christ's righteousness by faith if we have forgiveness of our sins by faith? Thank you for your help. James.

Dear James,

Biblical faith is the action proving righteousness...

A right standing (righteousness) is required because HE is righteous and requires it...
Lev 11:44
Lev 11:45
1 Peter 1:16

It's really just that simple!

May you walk in HIS TRUTH as you reject that which is rejected by HIM!

Pastor Ron

Christianity--Church History

Pastor Ron

I have studied the Early Church and the writings of the Church Fathers extensively. Studying the Biblical mandates for believers throughout the Holy Scriptures as well as those practices that are not biblical began as a hobby for me years ago, but has since become my passion. I feel adequate to be able to answer questions related to the origin of many, if not most of the practices of Evangelicalism. I may not be able to answer specific questions that are related to Denominational practices, as my experience in Denominational settings is limited.

I have taught Church History and courses relating to the origins and practices of traditional Christianity for several years in Bible Colleges. I have researched and produced numerous teachings on those topics for radio and internet nationally. I continue to research, teach and record resources relevant to Biblical Christianity, Messianic Judaism and the necessity for Biblical consistency on a weekly basis.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Studies.