Christianity--Church History/Christian Church

Hello Wesley

Why do Christians go to Church to worship God, when they can all meet one another at their homes to worship God? I couldn't find the answer googling this question. I don't think it even answers this in the scripture of The Holy Bible. I believe it's this way because going to another building that man calls Church to worship God is a man made idea. Like how different christian denominations and disney world or disney land being the happiest place on earth is a man made idea.

Hello Sterling.  That is a very good question and one many people wonder about. The church is defined as the body of Christ.  The church, during the earliest days of Christianity, was a building (sometimes) that the apostles and other met to share news of evangelism, healing, and additions to the "church" i.e. those who had accepted Christ and been baptized.  People also met in private homes, in the open countryside, and other places where it was common for people to gather.  However the supper or "Lords Supper" as it is better known, was instituted by Christ the night before his crucifixion in an "upper room" where the twelve had assembled.  Church buildings, as we know them today, did not become common until around the third century.  
The reason for a gathering in a common place, such as a church building, is for fellowship, instruction, and discussion on topics such as community outreach, the needy, recent illnesses and news of those in hospitals.  There are many other reasons, but primarily it is this gathering that serves to edify the body of Christ - being gathered together for one common purpose.  One other reason is because of denominations wherein certain groups of people share the same beliefs, customs, and teachings.  For many this is completely necessary and does take their faith to a new level as they study and hear the word preached.  That, in many ways, is one of the primary reasons for assembling - again being able to hear the word of God preached and explained by a minister.  This was common even in the first century among the Jews and new Christian converts.  Paul, as a large assembly (where people were even sitting in the rafters of the building) preached and explained scriptures, especially those from the Old Testament that were fulfilled in Christ.  In addition because of the diversity of the people the sermons were often translated on the spot by bilingual deacons or helpers who sat among the crowd.  Lastly, when it comes to learning the full message of the Bible it is important to be schooled and advised by someone who has had formal training or education.  Is it a requirement?  No, but we read of the newer disciples spending several years in instruction before pastoring a church or evangelism.  
The church building is a symbol that reminds people of their duties to worship and honor God. These were, during the early era of the church a building large enough for people to assemble in large numbers.  It was during these times that the sick, the lame, the blind, the deaf, and those with all types of maladies and afflictions were brought forward to the apostle(s) to be healed.  This was an especially important part of the early stages of the church as a witness to the power and love of god and the authority given the apostles through Jesus Christ. So part is custom, part is tradition, and part is an established precedent that goes back to the earliest days of Christianity.  I must also include the small gatherings in the homes of different people and the words of Christ, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name i am there with them".  Yes, small assemblies are also part of the overall "church" and even today are a very important part of spreading the gospel message - especially in areas where assembly of any type can cost people their very life.  Large assemblies are necessary to make sure folks are all teaching the same biblical truths and doctrines.  This was also a problem in the earliest years of Christianity as evidenced by the many epistles written by Paul to the churches and his visits to those churches.  So both the large formal gathering and the in-home assembly are important and integral parts of the experience and growth within the body of Christ.  

Christianity--Church History

Dr Wesley B Ley Rose

I can answer questions on: Biblical Studies, Biblical History, Church History, Early Christian History, Sociopolitical Background in the Early Church, Biblical Archeology, Biblical Theology, and some Greek

I did my field work in Israel, Egypt, Turkey, and Jordan while on active duty in the US Air Force during the period between 1989 to 2000. I served as a Chaplain in five theaters of war and spanning well over a decade. This afforded me the opportunity to view digs, museums and Universities where i was blessed by the staff and many graduate students. I also viewed many original manuscripts, me Archeologists, Anthropologists, and benefited from the direct teachings of Rabbi's and many learned individuals. UI have personally written almost three hundred commentaries, Essays, Treatise, and Theses. I founded my own School on Early Christian History and recently began the process to offer courses in Biblical Archeology. I teach at the local community colleges, churches, and community centers. I have authored seven books and still continue research and study. I recently received my Doctorate in Early Christian History through Scripture Institute.

Biblical Archeology Society, Paralyzed veterans of America, Habitat for Humanity, Christians with Disabilities, and many more Academic organization not to mention alumnus to many Universities throughout the world including the University of Cairo, University of Tel Aviv, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, King Fadd University, plus so many in the US and the pacific rim. many I just too a few courses, and some are honorary alumni status. Schools such as Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, University of Maryland, Appalachian State University, University of New Mexico, Empires State University, Clemson University, for Christian and Jewish Studies, and almost a dozen others. I have been attending college since 1977.

Publications;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;, etc.

I currently Hold two Doctorates in Theology and Divinity. Additionally i hold two separate master's in Biblical History-Biblical Studies, and Early Christian Studies. I'm also enrolled in salt lake Bible College as a Master's seeking a Masters in Christianity through the First 500Yyears. I have three Associate degrees in Electronic Engineering, Teaching, and Biblical Archeology. i was a Communications Engineer and worked in that field along with my Chaplianship; I received a field ordination in Kuwait by the US ARMY, yes the US Army. It's a very long story. Essentially I served in both branches for over five years; officially on loan to the Army when needed.

Aside from Military Educational Awards and others, I have been entered into the National Archives, American Honor Society, Who's Who, and National Award of Academic Achievement, Distinguished Graduate Air Force Academy, Magna Cum in all of my Master's Degrees.

I have been a ghost writer for several ministers/evangelists; Trinity International Christian Consultants, Christian Book Reviews, etc, etc