Christianity--Church History/Christian Church

Question
QUESTION: Hello Ron

Why do Christians go to Church to worship God, when they can all meet one another at their homes to worship God? I couldn't find the answer googling this question. I don't think it even answers this in the scripture of The Holy Bible. I believe it's this way because going to another building that man calls Church to worship God is a man made idea. Like how different christian denominations and disney world or disney land being the happiest place on earth is a man made idea.

ANSWER: Dear Sterling,

The Scriptures are replete with the exhortation for true believers to gather together. Here are just a few;

““Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and say to them, ‘The appointed times of יהוה, which you are to proclaim as set-apart gatherings, My appointed times, are these: ‘Six days work is done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a set-apart gathering. You do no work, it is a Sabbath to יהוה in all your dwellings.

‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work. ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ”

‘And on this same day you shall proclaim a set-apart gathering for yourselves, you do no servile work on it – a law forever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.

“Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you have a rest, a remembrance of blowing of trumpets, a set-apart gathering.

“On the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It shall be a set-apart gathering for you. And you shall afflict your beings, and shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה.

‘On the first day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work. ‘For seven days you bring an offering made by fire to יהוה. On the eighth day there shall be a set-apart gathering for you, and you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה. It is a closing festival, you do no servile work.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭23:2-3, 7-8, 21, 24, 27, 35-36‬ ‭ISR98‬‬
http://bible.com/316/lev.23.2-3,7-8,21,24,27,35-36.isr98

“And day by day, continuing with one mind in the Set-apart Place, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising Elohim and having favour with all the people. And the Master added to the assembly those who were being saved, day by day.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:46-47‬ ‭ISR98‬‬
http://bible.com/316/act.2.46-47.isr98

“And let us be concerned for one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging, and so much more as you see the Day coming near.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:24-25‬ ‭ISR98‬‬
http://bible.com/316/heb.10.24-25.isr98

So, I pray that these verses find a lodging place in your heart and that you find a fellowship of true believers to gather with!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

QUESTION: None of your Bible verses in scripture Ron specially say believers should go to another building that is called "Church" today to worship God. Christians can still not forsake the assembling of themselves together if they meet at each other's homes. Just like I thought, going to another builder that is called Church to worship God is a man made idea.

Answer
Dear Sterling,

That is correct. Church buildings, much like many of today's church events, are man made. Believers gathering together, on the other hand, is YAHWEH mandated...
The bottom line is that biblically, WE are HIS BUILDING, HIS TEMPLE. (1Cor 3:16, 2Cor 6:16, 1Peter 2:5)

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

Christianity--Church History

Pastor Ron