Christianity--Prayers/prayer for

Question
Marsha:
Let me first say thank you for being there, and offering your assistance on this website.
I am in dire need of prayer.  I have been going through something for about 9 months, that I completely do not understand.  I have been a born again Christian for over 20 years, and am fairly confident in my relationship with the Lord.
I am a bit hesitant to go into too much detail, for it is a long story... but in general, I am a bit embarassed to say for this is totally unlike my behavior that atleast I know of myself.
I have become somewhat obsessed with thoughts of someone (a man of course) that I cannot seem to shake.  Again, it is not completely normal for me to feel this way about anyone.  But someone that I will never meet and never have met.  Could you pray for my stability, understanding, mind, soul and for my ability to take this problem - although I am bit unclear as to what is going on -  to the Lord.
I am a 48 year old single person who has never been married,and does not have close family or friends.
Thank you so much for your time, I could really use the prayers.
Blessings.
Leah

Answer
Dear Leah,

The Bible says, "Come let us reason together with God."  That's what I'd do, something like this:

He made us with His own substance, the substance of Spirit, but now we "see through the glass darkly", so our spiritual likeness is not that clear to us all of the time.  But we do know that we are to be striving to have the mind of Christ; so when you find yourself hypnotized by thoughts of this man, replace them by contemplating the qualities that Christ Jesus demonstrated to his followers, endeavoring to manifest the same qualities in yourself.

It doesn't have to be complicated or long and drawn out but Jesus did tell us to "watch" so watch your thoughts like a solider would watch his post in the night and after the struggle, as Jesus also had with the devil in the wilderness, angels will come and minister to you and you will be free.

Also instruct your own mind that it can only think the thoughts that God gives you to think and God does not intend for you to be "hung-up", so you refuse to be.  Then know that your prayer has the words of truth and truth belongs to God so your prayer is the word of God and has all the power it needs.
I'm sure this line of "reasoning" prayer will help you if you persist.

Sincerely,
Marsha

Christianity--Prayers

Marsha Cunningham