Christianity--Prayers/Please help me pray

I have some questions about how to pray. I want my prayers to have more power.
Is it okay to just pray to Jesus?
Are prayers to Jesus as powerful as prayers to God?
When I pray to God, should I address him as Lord, Father or God?
When people pray to the Lord, are they praying to Jesus? I'm asking this, because Jesus is Lord.
Is praying to the Lord as powerful as praying to the Father in Jesus' name?
I want to pray the right way.
Thank you.

Dear Kari,

Thank you for asking me this question, I prayed and asked God to help me with the answer but He had already answered it before I had asked:

Remember when the Disciples asked the Lord Jesus, to teach them how to pray, he said, when you pray, say "Our Father". He also says through out scripture that anything we asked the Father in my name will be done for you.

Remember the Lord came, died and rose again to bridge the way for us to commune with the Father, that was the reason He came.  Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit are one. It hit me just this month when I was thinking on the words the Lord said, that He only does what He sees the Father doing. What He was saying, is that the love you read about Jesus showing the disciples and us and the fact that He died for us, those are the things the Father would have done himself.

Our Father is a Spirit but Jesus was too, He left His throne and took on the flesh of men. Kari, don't worry, God is all powerful, pray to Him in the name of Jesus and it will be done. You bring Glory to God when you do that, You get to the Father through Jesus and the Father answers your prayers because you trusted Jesus. Its a back and forth thing, both go together and there is no way to either without the other.

It is not more powerful to pray to God only or to Jesus only, it is scriptural to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus.  I pray that God will bless you and answer your prayers and give you the answer you seek. But if He doesn't don't think He did not hear you. It could be that He said yes, no or wait. If He says no, there is a bigger picture we can not see. If He says wait, it is because it may not be the appointed time and if He says yes now, then you'll know. Ok Hon, I hope I helped. I do go on. If you need me to touch and agree with you, let me know and God bless you, love Sharman  

Sharman Castillo

Praise God, I can stand with you and believe God for your blessing. I can pray with you, when you need a friend. I have not studied at any Colleges but I have picked up the Word of God and read it for myself. His Holy Spirit will stand in agreement with us. If we pray according to His Word.

God is good and has brought me through may trials, whether self-inflicted or not. Our lives may seem hopeless but as long as there is breath in our lungs, there is always hope. I want Gods people to know this, as well as the lost. I remember I wanted to sing professionally for the Lord, but I did not have the voice to do it. I prayed and asked God to bless me in this area. I forgot that I had even prayed this prayer and two weeks later God supernaturally blessed me with an awesome voice. I believe God for the impossible, because He is the possible.

National Honors Society
Society of Leadership and Success
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers.

I am a published Author, my books are:
Not That Road
Wow Stories Volume 1 and 2
The Lie
and The Millennium

Psalmist who plays the Violin, Classical Guitar and Piano and sings.
Associates in Arts- Music May 2014 NW Vista College
Theology Major- Anticipated Graduation May 2016 St. Mary's University