Christianity--Prayers/How should I pray?

I have some questions about how to pray. I want my prayers to have more power.
Is it okay to just pray to Jesus?
Are prayers to Jesus as powerful as prayers to God?
When I pray to God, should I address him as Lord, Father or God?
When people pray to the Lord, are they praying to Jesus? I'm asking this, because Jesus is Lord.
Is praying to the Lord as powerful as praying to the Father in Jesus' name?
I want to pray the right way.
Thank you.

ANSWER: Warmest greetings dear Kari!

Thank you for coming forth to our forum with your questions that I am delighted to answer for you.

Because you ask several questions which relate to one another, I will use the format of placing those questions which you are asking along with my reply underneath which will be signified by three asterisks.

*** Please know that all prayers have great power when directed unto God.

Is it okay to just pray to Jesus?

*** Yes, of course! When you pray to Jesus, you, in effect, are praying to God Himself. However, we are instructed to address God first and then pray in the Name of Jesus!

*** Yes they are. You see, Jesus is One of three persons in the Holy Trinity which is God. So, when you pray to Jesus you are in essence also praying to God and to the Holy Spirit because you must remember that they are three persons in One.

*** Those three Divine names you have presented are synonymous therefore you may address God as is your choice with any of those three names or a combination thereof.

*** Yes, Jesus IS LORD! It is always our hope and prayer, as Christians, that they are praying to Jesus! However, the reality of the matter is that there are many religions in the world today and one can never quite know exactly to whom they may be praying to. Since religion is a very private matter some may not wish to reveal to whom they pray to. But again it is our hope that they would be praying to our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ who became incarnate to SAVE the world from sin and to offer us everlasting life in Heaven once we have accepted Him as our LORD and Savior by becoming Born Again Christians. Please know that many who were previously not Christians have felt the inward call from God to become Born Again and have done so. Glory Hallelujah and Praise Be To God!! Therefore, they are now Saved and will be allowed into Heaven at the time of their transition from physical body to spiritual body which will take place at their appointed time.

*** Yes, when the "LORD" is making reference to praying only to God the Father in the name of Jesus. It is just as powerful since God has instructed us to pray to Him in the name of His most Divine Son Jesus.

I want to pray the right way.

*** Then you need to embrace the following Scripture to assure that you will be doing it the right way.

"For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and SHALL NOT DOUBT in his heart, but SHALL BELIEVE that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them!" -- MARK 11: 23-24 (KJV)

Therefore, as you can see, the KEY is in BELIEVING and having NO DOUBT in your heart. That is the Scriptural key that unlocks many doors through prayer! Therefore, pray and believe that you already have received what you are praying for and as Jesus says you shall have it.

One other very important thing to bring to your attention before I conclude, if you have not yet formally given your life to Jesus Christ by becoming Born Again, here is the prayer that will help you to become Born Again and assure that your soul goes to Heaven at the time of your transition.

The Prayer To Become BORN AGAIN - SAVED Through Jesus Christ. (To be said Out Loud.)

"Heavenly Father, I come to thee with contrite heart as I am a sinner who acknowledges my sins. I ask for your forgiveness and also come forth to declare that I Believe that Jesus Christ is my LORD and Savior who became incarnate and that He is the most beloved and only Son of God. I believe that He was crucified, died, and was buried for my salvation but arose on the third day through God and sits in eternal glory with you, Almighty God. I thank you for coming into my life, LORD and Savior Jesus Christ, and I will follow you all the days of my life. Amen."

May God bless you always, Kari, and thank you much for your excellent questions! Always walk with the LORD Jesus by your side.

QUESTION: Since God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, do I have to pray to God or can I just pray to Jesus, since Jesus is God?
When I pray to Jesus, am I praying to God?
When I pray to Jesus and my prayers are answered, is God the one who is answering my prayers?

Hello Kari,

First of all, I need to ask you if you are having difficulty understanding the answers we gave you? You have virtually asked the very same question from not One, not Two, not Three, not Four, not Five, not Six, but Seven of us! Why is it that you felt you needed to contact Seven (7) of us to answer the very same question I would like to know?

You will find your questions and the answers given at:  Christianity -- Prayers:

Again, I'd like to know if there is a problem with your understanding of our answers and why you feel you need to ask the same questions again and again and yet again?

Now, you have come back to ask me virtually the *same questions* yet another tiime as a follow-up. I have already given you the answers before as have all of the others you asked. We were all very nice in answering your questions. However, if you are asking the same questions because you may be trolling this forum then please know that it is definitely not appreciated. I will answer questions asked in this forum but when they become repetitious and take our time from helping other people who are waiting then we cannot continue to do that.

Therefore, please refrain from continuing to ask the same questions as they will be returned to you as rejected. Thank you.

Prayer Messenger

Very Warm Greetings To You, Dear Friend! You Are Most Welcome To Visit and Request Prayer! As an ordained minister I offer Christian Prayer and Discourse to those who request it.

I am a Born Again Christian therefore, speak about Jesus Christ and the need for Salvation, Compassion and Love for humanity. I am very compassionate with those who have lost a loved one and who need prayer. I also answer questions on the Afterlife that should be of concern to every Christian. If you are or are not a Christian but are searching for Jesus Christ and wish to become Born Again (Saved), you have come to the right place. Thank you for being here today and May God Richly Bless You!

I have been having discourse and prayers for many years with seekers of Jesus Christ and as I pray for people I feel the LORD JESUS CHRIST gives me spiritual messages to convey. All discourse is therefore, Spiritual in nature.

Ordained Minister, Doctorate in Religious Education; Doctorate in Biblical Studies; Hon. Doctorate in Divinity; Healing Minister; Christian Clerical Teacher.