Christianity--Prayers/Right way of praying

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
I have some questions about how to pray. I want my prayers to have more power.
Is it okay to just pray to Jesus?
Are prayers to Jesus as powerful as prayers to God?
When I pray to God, should I address him as Lord, Father or God?
When people pray to the Lord, are they praying to Jesus? I'm asking this, because Jesus is Lord.
Is praying to the Lord as powerful as praying to the Father in Jesus' name?
I want to pray the right way.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Kari

ANSWER: Dear Kari,

Following Jesus, loosely called "Christianity", is an intimate process of knowing God.

Trying to work our a formula for prayer is a clear indication that you have not done this yet. It is the basis for all prayer life. Holy Spirit must lead our prayer life.

Give your life to Jesus and follow Him, allowing yourself to become a house of the Holy Spirit who will teach you what you need to know concerning "What to pray for and how to pray for it".

Romans 8:26-28

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

So follow the process of giving your life to Jesus.
Calling on God for Holy Spirit, Luke 11:9-14

And being led by the Spirit. Romans 8:14

I wish you good fortune in this endeavor.

God bless

PS feel free to ask for any further advice.

QUESTION: Since God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, do I have to pray to God or can I just pray to Jesus, since Jesus is God?
When I pray to Jesus, am I praying to God?
When I pray to Jesus and my prayers are answered, is God the one who is answering my prayers?

ANSWER: Dear Kari,

It doesn't matter who you call to they are all one being, one nature.

They know how to process the call and cry .

The concern is that you make the right approach. Godly fear and respect and love and faith in your heart.

This will get the right results.

God bless

QUESTION: Should I just pray to Jesus?
I'm asking, because when I pray to Lord Jesus, I feel amazing instantly.
When I pray to the Father in Jesus' name, I don't get the same amazing feeling.
I feel best when I pray to Jesus.
From my experience, it seems like prayers to Lord Jesus are the most powerful and effective.
Do you think God wants me to pray only to Jesus?

Answer
Dear Kari,

Jesus didn't teach us this,  but to ask the Father in Jesus name.
As well as asking Jesus directly.

However , even the Father, talks to us through Jesus.

Imagine a God who knows every bit of you. Your every atom. He knows even what you are about to think.

It's inconceivable to be able to hold a proper conversation with this part of God.

But He makes one part of Himself, able to fully communicate with mankind. A "Son of Man", side. A man who believes for you , hopes for you and does not draw on the part of God that knows everything. Instead He Himself, being in nature perfect as the Father, has limitations for our sakes. He is the "man God". He even was subjected to our weaknesses and finite feelings.

This part of God, the Father uses, to communicate with mankind. to identify and have compassion for their weaknesses and pains.

Remember when the Lord and two angels came down to check out Sodom? ( Genesis 18:16-21) The Lord , in this experience, said He would go down to Sodom to see if it was as bad as the outcry that had come to Him. (limited) Why didn't He know? He had limitations. Also Jesus Himself said that He didn't know the hour the world would end, only that it would. But the Father Himself reserved the right to know this date. Not the angels (also limited) nor the Son. (Mark 13:32 )

So then this part of God is sent to identify and empathize with our state of being. Namely Jesus Christ. Both sides of God are ours but one side (Jesus) knows fully how we feel.

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

He is our intercessory, which is part of His role in the godhead...the trinity, the exclusive deity of God.

That's why you get more sympathy from this part . Father Himself is also totally justice and the Creator Judge. Whilst loving us He does so in a different way. His discipline is also His love, purifying us so that we should not be judged with the world. Jesus feels for us, Father makes us ready for the judgement to come.

I hope this sheds some light on the different parts of the godhead that you have been enquiring Kari?

God bless

Christianity--Prayers

Rev Philip Dacre