Christianity--Prayers/Signs?

Question
Over the past few months I have seen what I think may be God speaking to me. Some has been mundane such as videos, posts on Facebook, and very often I ask God to send me people to talk to me and he does.

The signs say, be patient, keep praying, God is near to help, have faith, etc.

The situation itself seems impossible, but so have many in the bible. Job, Abraham, Joseph, etc

I'm praying for someone to better their lives, and ignore bad influences. I am also asking for a possible relationship. The prayers started with a request for a relationship, then for them to better themselves. The signs started with the request for a relationship.

Do you know if this means anything? Is God nudging me to pray for these two things? Any advice is helpful.

Answer
Dear Raul,

Since God is Spirit, and all that He made is spiritual, He doesn't have "things" to give us.  He give us qualities that in turn give up our supplies.  I never ask for "things", only that His will be done and that He use me in the way He wants and I promise to listen and follow.  I ask that he give me activities  that allow me to use all of the gifts and talents that He has given me.  I also tell Him that I want to want only what He wants me to want.

When it comes to other people I ask Him to cause me to see and love all others as He does, but I don't single anyone out.  I also pray for a better understanding of His laws and to be obedient to them.

Those are basics that would keep one busy night and day, if done faithfully.  None of us can  just ignore bad influences; but they need to be silently condemned, the sins and not the people places or things.  Of course, you can do this in your own thinking and prayer.  But don't despair if you don't see results.  Remember, Jesus, in some places, didn't do many wonderful works because of the people's lack of faith.  Prayer won't change someone who doesn't want to be changed.  Jesus also told us not to cast pearls before swine, least they turn on you; that's why it's safer to leave it to God's will.

Best to you,
Marsha

Christianity--Prayers

Marsha Cunningham