Christianity--Prayers/Silent prayer questions

I have some questions about silent prayer.

Is praying silently, in my mind, as powerful as praying aloud?

Can God hear silent prayers?

When I pray silently, should I call God "God" or "Father"?

Thank you.

Warm greetings, Kari!

Thank you for your question.

With regard to praying silently vs. praying aloud, it is virtually the same with God since God is omnipresent (everywhere) and can of course either hear you when you speak out loud or is able to hear you when you pray silently. He is also omniscient (all knowing) so He will know you are praying to Him either way. There are absolutely no barriers for God or Jesus Christ.

As to what to call God when you pray, the important thing to remember is that you must always show extreme reverence to Him because He is your God and your Creator. It is preferred to refer to God as "Father", "Heavenly Father", "LORD", or "Almighty God." Any of those four names shows reverence to Him and would be the proper way to address Him.

Thank you for your question, Kari. May the LORD bless you always and keep you safe in all that you do.

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." -- JOHN 3:3 (KJV)

For Serious Consideration:

After saying this prayer meaningfully and out loud, you are now a New Person through Jesus Christ and He will accept you into Heaven when you pass-on according to Holy Bible Scripture.

Prayer To Become Saved - Born Again. (To be said Out Loud.)

"Heavenly Father, I come to thee with contrite heart as I am a sinner who acknowledges my sins. I ask for your forgiveness and also come forth to declare that I Believe and Accept that Jesus Christ is my LORD and Savior who became incarnate and that He is the most beloved and only Son of God. I believe that He was crucified, died, and was buried for my salvation but arose on the third day through God and sits in eternal glory with you, Almighty God. I thank you for coming into my life, my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ, and I will follow you all the days of my life. Amen."

Prayer Messenger

Very Warm Greetings To You, Dear Friend! You Are Most Welcome To Visit and Request Prayer! As an ordained minister I offer Christian Prayer and Discourse to those who request it.

I am a Born Again Christian therefore, speak about Jesus Christ and the need for Salvation, Compassion and Love for humanity. I am very compassionate with those who have lost a loved one and who need prayer. I also answer questions on the Afterlife that should be of concern to every Christian. If you are or are not a Christian but are searching for Jesus Christ and wish to become Born Again (Saved), you have come to the right place. Thank you for being here today and May God Richly Bless You!

I have been having discourse and prayers for many years with seekers of Jesus Christ and as I pray for people I feel the LORD JESUS CHRIST gives me spiritual messages to convey. All discourse is therefore, Spiritual in nature.

Ordained Minister, Doctorate in Religious Education; Doctorate in Biblical Studies; Hon. Doctorate in Divinity; Healing Minister; Christian Clerical Teacher.